Cyberpunk 2077

Look on the last page. Seems like they did.PC Gamer talked about it in their review.

Interesting, The Wapo reviews, and LegacykillaHD on youtube did not get the day 1 patch.....interesting some did and some didnt.

Hm, never thought about that and never had to wait any amount of time. *shrugs*
You’ll download 80GB faster on 1gbps than you will be able to decrypt 80GB unless you have the game on a super fast nvme drive. Steam preloads are nearly 100% encrypted, it’s not decrypting just the game executable. You’ll be waiting like 20 min to decrypt a 100gb game on a normal SSD.

Last edited:
looks like ill be lucky to get 60 fps at 1440p on medium settings with my specs. looking at the system requirements on the cyberpunk website. are those based on getting 30 fps?

Last edited:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

You guys see this?

Performance preview of Cyberpunk. This game is a beast.
Holly molly that will hurt some:

PxcCTR2D7VuUy2ZbwxJYPf-970-80.png

Not able to lock 60 fps on a RTX 3090 while playing at 1080p...... was probably not what people expected, that said I imagine ultra will be a ridiculous choice for a long time on that game.

This is very preliminary but seeing how much the 3080 kept up with the 3090 until it became 50% of the performance at 4K ultra with RT (while in the same ballpark at ultra with no RT) maybe that the scenario where the 10 gig start to feel it's limitation, it that really the case (if the type of scenario that 10 gig become an hard limit is the type of scenario a 3090 do just 20 fps anyway, maybe it will not be an issue this generation of cards after all, if it is not that game specifically optimising around that limit).

Looking at 1440p medium fps, hope that DLSS work well with that title without strange artifacts.

I have a feeling the performance will be just fine once people find the optimal settings. I remember when KCD came out and anyone who put the game at Very High/Ultra settings at 4K would get like 30fps, but with optimal settings you would get over 60 and it looked 99% the same. In Tom's performance review they only use Ultra RT settings which is odd, you would think there would be Medium and High RTX settings like every other game.

Looking at Tom's comparison between the 3090 and 3080 at Native 4K with RT on the performance is 90% better on the 3090 which makes me think there is VRAM limitations on the highest settings, can probably be eleviated my lowering some more vram intensive settings.
1607371622900.png

YT YongYea said the performance increased after the day 0 patch, but didn't really go into details.

We will have to see when we have it in hands, I'm sure aside from bugs, the games performance will probably be a non-issue once tweaked.

Last edited:
Probably will be a few weeks worth of patches to get the game up to speed. Maybe longer, but I assume they will have it in a playable state sooner rather than later. Hopefully that including some performance improvements. Game looks kind of ugly for the performance it seemingly gets.

I'm still waiting to pick up a new 3080 GPU so I'm fine with waiting for the game to get a few patches...

Yea, no rush.. I think it took them 2 months after the launch of Witcher 3 to have it mostly fixed, I think it was by 1.07 that ironed out the majority of issues. I'm still going to play it day 1, but if it is too buggy I'll probably push my 2nd playthrough back til it is patched up more assuming I like the game.

In Tom's performance review they only use Ultra RT settings which is odd,
If you look in the graph you have RTU for RT ultra and RTM for Rt medium I think.

Apparently RT become interesting with RT reflexion and that require to be in Ultra mode:
Basically, ray tracing in Cyberpunk 2077 feels like something that's all or nothing.

If you look in the graph you have RTU for RT ultra and RTM for Rt medium I think.

Apparently RT become interesting with RT reflexion and that require to be in Ultra mode:
Basically, ray tracing in Cyberpunk 2077 feels like something that's all or nothing.

Yeah if it tanks the performance that much, I would rather play with ultra settings and no RT.

I plan to skip out on RT until people figure out what settings do/don't matter in the real world. Nvidia is set to release optimized drivers tomorrow that should also help with some of the quirks, too.

I plan to skip out on RT until people figure out what settings do/don't matter in the real world. Nvidia is set to release optimized drivers tomorrow that should also help with some of the quirks, too.

why would you want to skip out on ray-tracing when you have an RTX 3090????

This is what PCGamer posted on their review page:

We received a 50GB patch during our review period. CDPR referred to this patch as the Day 0 patch. When asked for clarification whether the patch be what players were receiving at launch, a CDPR representative told us that the Day 0 patch is what people will be experiencing on launch day. It is the Day 1 patch, only different in name. More fixes will be rolled into the Day 0 (Day 1) patch, but we cannot specify exactly what.

In my opinion, the only thing to think about here, is that this is a buggy game and will be a buggy game for some non-trivial amount of time.

To be clear, I'm not "mad" about that. CDPR chose to release this in its current state. I have no doubt it will be fully fixed, eventually.

If i'm upset about anything, its that they made their teams crunch for a further delayed release date, which they still knew they wouldn't really make. I would like to have seen them delay this until solidly into Spring, let their teams have a normal work life. And release a game where any embarrassment, doesn't come from bugs and glitches.
To be fair, you know management wasn't willing to miss Holiday release. But yeah, give it another 6 months or so to work out the majority of issues, and it should be fine.

why would you want to skip out on ray-tracing when you have an RTX 3090????
at 4K ultra a 3090 is under 20 FPS, people even with a 3090 RTX will skip out on things, they obviously do not know in advance what it will be, resolution, settings, RT, it will probably be a mix of everything with compromise all around made for this game.

How about trying the game and seeing how it looks and runs with various combinations of RT and DLSS before making blind decisions?

at 4K ultra a 3090 is under 20 FPS, people even with a 3090 RTX will skip out on things, they obviously do not know in advance what it will be, resolution, settings, RT, it will probably be a mix of everything with compromise all around made for this game.
I would rather have good framerate at 4k with a 3090. RT is just extra eye candy which isn't worth it to me right now.

Sure there is DLSS, but that would be a drop to IQ. Something I would rather not have.

I assume you are referring to the non-DLSS numbers which, if you are running RT and a 3090, you'd be using DLSS for sure.

Sure there is DLSS, but that would be a drop to IQ. Something I would rather not have.
4K will have a drop of IQ either way (has even with no RT ultra setting goes under 40 fps), is which drop to IQ will be the worst without trying ?

I would rather have good framerate at 4k with a 3090. RT is just extra eye candy which isn't worth it to me right now.

1607375163275.png

Why would you buy a 3090 if you didn't care about eye candy?

I assume you are referring to the non-DLSS numbers which, if you are running RT and a 3090, you'd be using DLSS for sure.
That an very example of compromise I had in mind. (RT+DLSS, no RT -no DLSS) and choose the one that feel better and the reason someone even with a 3090 could skip RT.

Preloaded and now we wait.....

I expect hiccups, but considering how TW3 turned out, I'm not worried about the long term. ;)

I care about FPS vs. individual detail settings. If Ray Tracing hurts my FPS in a significant way that I can't make up elsewhere, I won't have it on. Considering CDPR's history, there should be quite a few detail settings to adjust and hopefully one of 'em is resolution render. Turning that down to 90-95% still looks fantastic and typically provides pretty huge performance boosts. Things like shadows and reflection quality can, too.

Why would you buy a 3090 if you didn't care about eye candy?

Because for this game it isn't enough at that resolution. Maybe with the new drivers and patches performance will improve, but I doubt it will increase substantially.

enable DLSS...under 20 fps is pretty pathetic though for a 3090...I thought the 3090 was marketed as an 8K card :D

Any decent "below MSRP" deals for the game on PC? Have seen some on Slickdeals for consoles, but not PC.

So rather than having a small drop in IQ that is barely noticeable 99% of the time, you take a huge drop in graphics quality.

With how long large Steam preloads usually take to decrypt/unlock, it might actually be faster for me to play by downloading it after it launches, lol:

View attachment 306489
Yep, I only download post-unlock. Never preload on Steam unless you're on 56k.

Yeeesh.....I wonder if that review is with the Nvidia optimized drivers for the game?
Nope. Cyberpunk Nvidia drivers aren't done yet.

Last edited:
Any decent "below MSRP" deals for the game on PC? Have seen some on Slickdeals for consoles, but not PC.
There have been a couple, not sure of any currently. I picked up the physical copy on Amazon for PC awhile back for around $50 I think, there was some $43 deal on another site but I think that is dead now.

DLSS is not a drop in IQ, the vast majority of the time. It's largely an improvement given that you get free decent AA with it.

DLSS is not a drop in IQ, the vast majority of the time. It's largely an improvement given that you get free decent AA with it.
I'm pretty sure DLSS 2.0 on Quality has improved IQ on every game that I have tested it on at 4K. According to TH it improves performance 90% on Cyberpunk 2077, not sure why anyone would be against using it unless they are a purist and want to see aliasing.

I'm pretty sure DLSS 2.0 on Quality has improved IQ on every game that I have tested it on at 4K. According to TH it improves performance 90% on Cyberpunk 2077, not sure why anyone would be against using it unless they are a purist and want to see aliasing.
Pretty much. TAA or whatever nearly cost free AA option they include will look worse than DLSS 2.0. And you aren't supersampling given the performance, so yeah. It's DLSS or no AA basically. Or run temporal which looks worse than DLSS and no performance benefit.

So how bad is this gonna play on my 4770k and 980ti at 1080p? lol

Back