Cyberpunk 2077

I'd like to hear a bit more about how the loot system works. Aside from uniques, will there be weapons and gear with random properties at different rarity scales? Not expecting a Diablo like loot fest, but am interested to know more about the loot system.

I'd like to hear a bit more about how the loot system works. Aside from uniques, will there be weapons and gear with random properties at different rarity scales? Not expecting a Diablo like loot fest, but am interested to know more about the loot system.
I believe in one of the interviews they said there would be colored rarities, but I am not sure what that entails. It sounded like uniques would have cool abilities, though.

I've been ready for this for a while. My PC is pretty damned optimized, I have a new gamepad, and my 3090 is ready to rock and roll. I can only hope that the game isn't a technical mess on launch day. The Witcher games were never as bad as a Bethesda launch game, but all 3 ended up getting borderline UI overhauls in addition to fixes and updates.

Same. Fresh install of Windows, drivers up to date, preorder complete and ready to pre-load. Even dusted out my PC for maximum GPU capability (not that it was particularly dusty to begin with..) Let's go!
I did a fresh install in summer and just recently updated my bios, re-stability tested the entire system and installed all the latest drivers. Dusted out my system this weekend (wasn't much, but did it anyways). Also I am not gaming until release (to let my brain reset a bit) and have uninstalled all social media apps from my phone for the next few weeks to avoid any spoilers. I've also unfollowed any gaming news styled channels on youtube. Gonna just read books and watch a few films over the next few week, wish we wern't in lockdown or I would hit up the gym everyday.

I just want an enjoyable first playthrough, you only get to experience it a first time once. I handled Witcher 3 launch similar to this minus the gaming break and I ended up putting 820 hours into the game. But Witcher 3 was a game that actually reignited my interest in gaming, I was really burned out before it came out.

Just got notification that my PC Collector’s Edition shipped from Best Buy!

Too bad that it’s a digital code that is included, likely will still be locked until the 10th. :(

I ordered the physical (?) edition from Amazon, hopefully it'll be delivered on release day - supposed to be but I have had them delay / ship it on the day before.

So, December 9 it's gonna get delayed again right? (n)

Probably going to wait on this. Will be interested to see what GPUs get what kind of performance. Ray tracing aside, wouldn't amaze me if it wasn't that demanding. Lots of middling quality assets throughout and the game was likely targetting circa 2019 hardware before I kept getting pushed back. But still might wait until I get a new GPU anyways.

I did a fresh install in summer and just recently updated my bios, re-stability tested the entire system and installed all the latest drivers. Dusted out my system this weekend (wasn't much, but did it anyways). Also I am not gaming until release (to let my brain reset a bit) and have uninstalled all social media apps from my phone for the next few weeks to avoid any spoilers. I've also unfollowed any gaming news styled channels on youtube. Gonna just read books and watch a few films over the next few week, wish we wern't in lockdown or I would hit up the gym everyday.

I just want an enjoyable first playthrough, you only get to experience it a first time once. I handled Witcher 3 launch similar to this minus the gaming break and I ended up putting 820 hours into the game. But Witcher 3 was a game that actually reignited my interest in gaming, I was really burned out before it came out.

My man, would you look at the dedication.

I wouldn't stress too much, you'll probably be fine. Absolute worst case, if they delay your order, you could buy it digitally to play it on launch and then sell off the code that the CE comes with.
Guess you were right. Just got an update from Best Buy with a tracking number with an ETA for tomorrow.

CD Projekt has now shared the worldwide preload and unlock times...

Preloading on GOG will begin at 12 pm CET on December 7th, which translates to 3 am PT/6 am ET, for those of us in North America...Steam and the Epic Games Store will follow at 8 am PT/11 am ET/5pm CET on the same day...a few days later, the real fun begins...the release date is December 10th in CD Projekt's home country of Poland, but because it's a simultaneous worldwide release on PC and Stadia, some of us will technically get it a little early:

When does Cyberpunk 2077 unlock?

4 pm PT on December 9
7 pm ET on December 9
12 am GMT on December 10
8 am CST on December 10
11 am AEDT on December 10

Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a massive 464-page strategy guide at launch

Cyberpunk 2077: The Complete Official Guide releases on December 10th alongside the game...in addition to outlining the "specifics of all key gameplay systems" and walkthroughs for every quest, the book contains a flowchart showing the possible options and culminations of each quest, as well as how they all interact with each other...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a massive 464-page strategy guide at launch

Cyberpunk 2077: The Complete Official Guide releases on December 10th alongside the game...in addition to outlining the "specifics of all key gameplay systems" and walkthroughs for every quest, the book contains a flowchart showing the possible options and culminations of each quest, as well as how they all interact with each other...

I would pick up the guide but I don't know how good this game is going to be. Just ran a Time Spy stress test on my Evga 3070 gpu tonight. Never even broke 57 degrees Celsius I suppose the cold weather helps. The FTW cooler is overkill for that card anyway.

I won't pick up the guide, there will be better info here and around the net.

Fextralife will probably have good CP2077 information after release since the guide is built by a community of players, I won't be looking at it til after atleast one playthrough though, not a huge fan of spoilers.

Guides tend to be for people that want something tangible/physical. There's nothing in a guide you won't find in an online resource (complete with videos/photos/etc.), but some folks like the artwork or just having something in their hands. The only times I've bought anything physical in the last 15 years have been for fighting games with movelists and whatnot. That's pretty tough to duplicate online without alt-tabbing every few seconds or actually printing. Everything else I usually just default to IGN. I appreciate how they organize things and the level of detail they usually go for.

Yes I like the physical guides for the maps, plus like cracking open a book for a quick quest update or whatever.

Just prefer them over the sometimes lacking online version. Also more and more the online "guides" are some video version with some jackass babbling nonsense while taking the longest way possible to a location/item/etc

I'm so torn on which platform to get this for - Series X / PS5 or PC. I own all three and the PC has a 2080 Ti connected to a non-HDR 3440x1440 monitor, consoles are connected to a LG OLED CX. Problem with the console version is next-gen update isnt coming until next year.

I'm so torn on which platform to get this for - Series X / PS5 or PC. I own all three and the PC has a 2080 Ti connected to a non-HDR 3440x1440 monitor, consoles are connected to a LG OLED CX. Problem with the console version is next-gen update isnt coming until next year.
Hmm.. I'd go PC so you can play it now, and so you can enjoy ultrawide support.

Or you can play it on pc with the oled for 4K hdr support 👍 that’s my plan.

September Me: "Oh it's ok I couldn't get a launch day card. Surely in three months they'll get their shit together.

December Me: "..."

Found this (no spoilers): Xbox Series X might be 60 fps? Also, looks so good
https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-xbox-series-x-version-has-performance-and-quality-modes/

Yes it has a planned "low" resolution non locked 60 fps mode, with this MIles Morales, Assassin Creed going that route, I imagine it will be the standard.

120 FPS will not me common at all, performance 60 with a dynamic 1000p to 1800p, high quality 30 at 4K seem to be the direction.

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hear ps5 is getting 60fps now. I have a 2070s and and a 1080ti at my disposal.
Most of the things I have tried need to run on my cx need 1440p to perform well. Which looks nasty to my eyes on my cx. The ps5 checkerboarding doesn't have the nasty non native resolution look.

Hopefully the 2070s can do well because I'm sure lod and texture resolution will be higher on pc.

The ps5 checkerboarding doesn't have the nasty non native resolution look.

Hopefully the 2070s can do well because I'm sure lod and texture resolution will be higher on pc.
Is the AI upscaling on the PS5 do a better job than dssl 2.0 upscaling ? Will have to wait for review on a game to game basis I would imagine.

Is the AI upscaling on the PS5 do a better job than dssl 2.0 upscaling ? Will have to wait for review on a game to game basis I would imagine.
Yeah I'm going to wait for a review. What I was referring to is when you play a game in non native resolution everything looks soft. The scaler is the tv is damn good and the pixel count helps, but it looks wrong to me. The ps5 upsampling does a better job. Demons souls looks almost native to me. I just gotta see the benchmarks to figure out which way to go. Because if the 2070s can use dlss to 4k ill go with that.

Wish I could give find a 3080 or a 6800xt.

It will likely be on par. They don’t have to worry about different settings or configs so it’s easier to make a scaler look better when you only need to code it for one circumstance.

Back