Cyberpunk 2077

You must be fun at parties.
When you order something you expect it to be delivered on the promised date. Or would you be fine with your order being delayed months, or in this case 8 months now if it even comes in december. Why should games be any different?

That’s not at all how it works. There is never an iron-clad promise that a game will release on a specific date. Stop pretending that this is the only game to ever get delays.

Aren't pre-orders a form of contract? If you pre-order expecting a specific delivery date, then delays are a breach of that contract.
Are you saying that you can not get a reimbursement if you ask for one ?

Otherwise are you claiming that there was any damage done that could be seek to be corrected ?

OST: Cyberpunk 2077- No Save Point by Yankee and the Brave (Run the Jewels)

Last edited:
That’s not at all how it works. There is never an iron-clad promise that a game will release on a specific date. Stop pretending that this is the only game to ever get delays.

Who said that this is the only game that ever got delayed? Now who is pretending what? The exact reason I bring it up is because things are getting delayed left and right.
I don't understand why are you so vehemently against it? Wouldn't it be a good thing if publishers and developers were actually held to their promises?

Please explain why would that be bad? If that were the case they would not be able to make promises that they can't or don't intend to keep.

Are you saying that you can not get a reimbursement if you ask for one ?

Otherwise are you claiming that there was any damage done that could be seek to be corrected ?
No, I'm saying it would be a good thing if pre-orders were binding to both parties involved.
A pre-order is made with the delivery date in mind. So if you don't make the date the least you should offer is a full refund.

Everyone is crying foul when a crowdfunded campaign misses its promised delivery date, but you are fine with indefinite delays for something you actually a pre-ordered? That's a bit strange.

Last edited:
Who said that this is the only game that ever got delayed? Now who is pretending what? The exact reason I bring it up is because things are getting delayed left and right.
I don't understand why are you so vehemently against it? Wouldn't it be a good thing if publishers and developers were actually held to their promises?

Please explain why would that be bad? If that were the case they would not be able to make promises that they can't or don't intend to keep.

No, I'm saying it would be a good thing if pre-orders were binding to both parties involved.
A pre-order is made with the delivery date in mind. So if you don't make the date the least you should offer is a full refund.

Everyone is crying foul when a crowdfunded campaign misses its promised delivery date, but you are fine with indefinite delays for something you actually a pre-ordered? That's a bit strange.
In the end people will bitch. They always bitch one way or another. Some worse then others. It is ridiculous to want a refund for a pre-order cause a game got delayed. Pro tip. Don't fucking pre-orderd a game then. It is not like they going to run of digital copies.

I'd say you're in for a world of hurt if you're the type of person who pre-orders any game and cries foul over a missed delivery date. Crowdfunding or not.

I'm still confused what kind of game Cyberpunk is? I know it's not a shooter single player like Wolfenstein, no.

But is it more like Skyrim, just set in the near future Sci Fi? Meaning it's open world, lots of exploration, there's combat, but not 24/7 combat, and people to talk to and get quests and missions.

I'm still confused what kind of game Cyberpunk is? I know it's not a shooter single player like Wolfenstein, no.

But is it more like Skyrim, just set in the near future Sci Fi? Meaning it's open world, lots of exploration, there's combat, but not 24/7 combat, and people to talk to and get quests and missions.
the latter (but of course the combat is essentially an FPS)

^^Witcher with guns :LOL:

In the end people will bitch. They always bitch one way or another. Some worse then others. It is ridiculous to want a refund for a pre-order cause a game got delayed. Pro tip. Don't fucking pre-orderd a game then. It is not like they going to run of digital copies.
I dunno how it works with digital copies, since pre-ordering digital is dumb, but I do have a CE on pre-order... and I'm not being charge until the day it's released. Meaning, each and every time the game gets delays, I get a full refund of $0.00 :D It's a beautiful system indeed.

Xbox One X last gen footage and Series X next gen footage live on twitch in about 3 minutes

Looks solid on One X (last gen). So....pc players with cards like the RX 580, should be pretty happy.

One X frametimes seemed a bit rough. Likely due to the weakness of the Jaguar CPU cores.

Series X definitely had some higher settings going on. Particularly with lighting and screen space reflections. No ray tracing shown yet. It looks like they are doing some shader or voxel based global illumination, though.
Framerate was notably smoother on Series X. However, there was still noticeable pop-in during outdoor driving segments.

Am I the only one that is somewhat... underwhelmed by that gameplay?

Didn't find your size?
e30984um2uz51.jpg

:D

Honestly, it looks like what I was expecting. They've never done something like this on many levels, and I'd be more surprised if some aspect wasn't rough. I have always thought the melee looked oldschool to put in nicely, but this still looks like it's going to be fun. I don't expect a sim, but hope for better story than Borderlands.

Actually, Borderlands / Deus Ex mashup is about exactly what I expect...

Last edited:
they mentioned they're releasing a "next gen version" in 2021, I suspect this is how they're going to make the Dec 10th release date.

If they pull off half of the 'next' that No Mans Sky did they will deserve all kudos... :ROFLMAO:

they mentioned they're releasing a "next gen version" in 2021, I suspect this is how they're going to make the Dec 10th release date.

They announced a 2021 next gen update way back when they announced the XBSX and PS5 versions of the game.

definately getting uncanny valley vibes, not that its a bad thing.

Gameplay looks like it could go either way, always hard to tell when someone else is playing.

They announced a 2021 next gen update way back when they announced the XBSX and PS5 versions of the game.
oh, I didn't realize that. I assumed when they announced the Dec. 10th delay and mentioned the difficulty in releasing the next-gen versions at the exact same time, that that's what they were referring to. I guess they just meant making sure the PS4/Xbox One versions work on PS5/XSX..

oh, I didn't realize that. I assumed when they announced the Dec. 10th delay and mentioned the difficulty in releasing the next-gen versions at the exact same time, that that's what they were referring to. I guess they just meant making sure the PS4/Xbox One versions work on PS5/XSX..

It sounds like the major problem was the PS4/XB1 versions, specifically getting them to run well enough.

It's a minor thing but I like those floating damage numbers, couldn't remember if this game had it. I'm OCD about having that in an RPG (Borderlands etc). Gunplay looks better than I remember, the shotgun action looks awesome.

23 days until release.

It sounds like the major problem was the PS4/XB1 versions, specifically getting them to run well enough.
yeah, I re-read their announcement and it definitely reads like the current gen (last gen?) versions are the problem. And looking at the footage today, where you can clearly see some pretty bad framepacing/stutter issues and awful LOD pop in... sounds right.

definately getting uncanny valley vibes, not that its a bad thing.

Gameplay looks like it could go either way, always hard to tell when someone else is playing.
Right? I get that you want steady movement for visuals, but it always looks like someone playing on a controller with the sensitivity turned way down...

You must be fun at parties.
When you order something you expect it to be delivered on the promised date. Or would you be fine with your order being delayed months, or in this case 8 months now if it even comes in december. Why should games be any different?

Because when you order something say, off Amazon, it been designed, tested, and mass produced.

Have you ever tried to purchase anything that was a brand new concept or design, such as a car? You order it they give a rough ship date and you get the thing when you get it.

Seriously bunch of entitled brats. The developer owes you nothing other than a refund. Until you request that, shut up. You'll get your copy when it's ready.

The developer owes you nothing other than a refund. Until you request that, shut up. You'll get your copy when it's ready.
LOL. You would not do good in marketing or public relations; But I like your perspective. Keeping it REAL.

"coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Google Stadia on December 10th, 2020. The game will also be playable on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 consoles when available."

Back