Cyberpunk 2077

Ok, I am just waking up to this game. I know where have I been? Obviously I know about this game for sure but haven't followed it closely until now.

- So what type of game is this? A Sci Fi Grand Theft Auto ( hopefully not ), or is this more of a Skyrim type single player first person game, set in a future Blade Runner type of world?

It is a single player RPG set in a dystopian cyberpunk future. It is first person only.

- Is it a shooter mostly? Like lots of run and gun action, or just a bit of shooting and more about exploring and story line?

According to CD Projekt Red, it is primarily an RPG first and an FPS second.

- You can drive vehicles too? In first person mode, or the console third person view?

You can drive vehicles. You cannot control vehicles that fly. You can drive in first or third person.

- Any CoOp mode to add a friend to play with?

No. It is a single player RPG. There are no co-op or multiplayer modes of any kind.

- System requirements look to be really steep? Graphics I see in videos make this game look unbelievably great.

The system requirements are far from steep. You can find the official requirements on the CD Projekt Red website for the game. That being said, I do believe the "recommended' requirements are for 1920x1080 only and do not include ray tracing. The way the game looks, you will need a much more powerful system to enjoy those features at 3840x2160 or even 2560x1440 and anything in between. The potato mode minimum requirements are actually surprisingly low. Again, I think CD Projekt Red may have underestimated them or perhaps the game engine and its assets do scale really well across various hardware configurations. It's tough to know at this point. As I understand it all the game reviewers that have played up to five hours of the game always did so on higher end Alienware machines with RTX 2080 Ti's in them and 9900K's.

I can see both sides - I get that these games take time and I can't fault the devs for trying to do their best and taking whatever time they need. Its unfortunate that they have to crunch and still miss deadlines.

As for us consumers, we all know its been a shitty year and a lot of games keep getting pushed back and even though theres other games to play and things to do, we hear about these games so frequently it increases popularity and therefore our desire to actually play these interesting new games.

World of Warcraft Shadowlands has also been pushed back to god knows when although it appears there are other issues going on such as Activision taking over and a lot of developer turnover. As for Cyberpunk - they should just change to "ready when its ready" and stop advertising so much.

In the meantime, I'm hoping Watchdogs 3 doesnt fall on its ass and if it isn't as broken upon release as Ghost Recon Breakpoint where I was able to locate and very cheaply kill the main bad guy two days after the game released then I'll be good.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Dec. 9th release date updated I wouldn't plan any vacation around this game the way the release date is skipping.
I don't mind that I preordered the game I spent alot of money on sucky games in the past.
I never was really hung up on this game in the first place just knew about the hype.

Last edited:
Dec. 9th release date updated I wouldn't plan any vacation around this game the way the release date is skipping.
I don't mind that I preordered the game I spent alot of money on sucky games in the past.
I never was really hung up on this game in the first place just knew about the hype.

This is going to be a game that will be either hit or miss with me. It's the kind of thing that I might make it two hours into and put away for being overly complex. I'm a simple man with simple tastes when it comes to games. If its more complicated than Mass Effect 3 I generally check out real quick. That being said, if its a hit for me the way I suspect it will be, I'll play the crap out of it the way I did the Mass Effect games. This isn't the title that will land somewhere in the middle for me. Not that many games do. I either really like a game or I don't.

Speaking of Mass Effect - I better hear some good news about a remaster on Nov. 7.........................

COVID, next gen consoles, just 2020 in general... not too upset with another delay, it is what it is.

What a bunch of self entitled little pussies. Sending death threats over a video game! Must be nice living in their fantasy world when your biggest problem is the delay of a video game. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

All I know is that this gives me plenty of time to play Valhalla and there's now no way in hell I'm getting any time off of work in December to dive into it. Maybe I'll have a real chance at a new gpu by the time this comes out, too, lol.

I can't even comprehend people issuing death threats over a freaking video game that hasn't been released yet. What. The. Fuck. ?

Get a life, and go do something. The game will be out when it's out. Who cares if it's delayed a month or a year, whatever. Yeah I'd like to play it too, but it'll be ready when it's ready.

I get the whole "it's just a game" and whatnot, but people do plan their lives around games, movies, gadgets, etc. Don't put hard dates on things and people won't give you a hard time. I'm not that psyched for this game, but there are some that would irritate me. Especially if I took the day off or made plans that I can't delay...unlike the developers apparently. If I made plans to visit Disney World for the Star Wars Galaxy unveiling and they suddenly changed the dates I'd be pissed. This is like a smaller scale version of the same concept.

I can't even comprehend people issuing death threats over a freaking video game that hasn't been released yet. What. The. Fuck. ?

Get a life, and go do something. The game will be out when it's out. Who cares if it's delayed a month or a year, whatever. Yeah I'd like to play it too, but it'll be ready when it's ready.
Can't go out, there is a lockdown going on, well in certain places anyways, might be one soon here too seeing how bad it's going.

I get the whole "it's just a game" and whatnot, but people do plan their lives around games, movies, gadgets, etc. Don't put hard dates on things and people won't give you a hard time. I'm not that psyched for this game, but there are some that would irritate me. Especially if I took the day off or made plans that I can't delay...unlike the developers apparently. If I made plans to visit Disney World for the Star Wars Galaxy unveiling and they suddenly changed the dates I'd be pissed. This is like a smaller scale version of the same concept.

That goes both ways people that plan around release date create a lot of values for them to exist and create an incentive for people to announce hard date, it is the fact there is first weekend game/movie buyers that make it so important to not have too much conflict of 2 similar product releasing at the same time, making reserving a date for them to signal to the competition to choose an other important and create incentive if not a must to have an not surprise release. And if partner need to know in advance (the bestbuy of the world) in anyway it can be less and less of a decision than a necessity.

They can't release it for PC first, that would bite the hand that feeds them. In the end, its all about the dollars.

Also, they would lose a lot of money. People would see it first hand and then base their buying decision on that. Rather than leaving it to fantasy.

They can't release it for PC first, that would bite the hand that feeds them. In the end, its all about the dollars.

Also, they would lose a lot of money. People would see it first hand and then base their buying decision on that. Rather than leaving it to fantasy.

Also TONS of console gamers would watch let's plays/streams from start to finish and feel like "meh no need to buy it, I've seen the whole thing already" by the time the console version came out.

Its fine to be disappointed. Its fine to be mad about them failing to meet their promise. Its fine to express this frustration. It is not, however, fine to issue death threats or even issue any kind of harassment to the developers because of it.

If I made plans to visit Disney World for the Star Wars Galaxy unveiling and they suddenly changed the dates I'd be pissed. This is like a smaller scale version of the same concept.
They feel more different than just scale, if you live a bit far away, you need to plan to visit Disney World, it is ok for a consumer to assume Disney will assume they had to reserve a place to sleep, buy ticket plane in advance and what not and that cancelling a reservation on them is a big deal.

A video game developer will assume virtually all is consumer did not made plan or took off work for a video game release (other that plan that are irrelevant, i.e. say someone that bought a play station 5 or Xbox because of that game, the price of those item will not change during the delay, unlike a plane ticket with a date on it).
They will exist those people (and they know they exist), but they are asking unreasonable things if they are asking game developer to take their very niche exceptional case into much consideration (asking to be reimbursed something would sound crazy in that case for an example)

Also TONS of console gamers would watch let's plays/streams from start to finish and feel like "meh no need to buy it, I've seen the whole thing already" by the time the console version came out.
Eh, the streaming culture and marketing tactics around streaming suggest that streaming is actually very good for game companies. And that's why the majority of game companies allow their games to be streamed and even provide streamers with free copies and also do promo events, fostering viewership and communities around their brands. And when the game does release, nothing prevents anyone from watching it on a stream, still. Streaming is a non-issue on sales and actually helps increase brands and sales.

I think that aside from any other behind the scenes stuff which we may never be aware of: The new Xbox and PS5 MIGHT have 1.5 million units combined available, at launch, worldwide. VS. 100 million PS4's and however many Xboxes. And you can't buy the good new GPUs right now. If Cyberpunk only released on PC right now------I understand that PC gamers have had to wait countless times for ports of games. But....I have to acknowledge the strange situation of it all, right now.

Cyberpunk 2077 is 'ready for the PC,' but current-gen console versions still need work

CD Projekt pointed the finger at the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as the source of yesterday's delay...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2...current-gen-console-versions-still-need-work/

simple, release it on PC first and consoles later...

I admit this is what is perhaps most frustrating for me. I should admit that I object to the concept of a modern console for a variety of reasons, but this is one of the practical ones that is quite annoying. I don't like when a PC title suffers in any way because of a console release. That is to say, if they have to remove certain features or dumb things down because they wouldn't "work" on a console gameplay style, price things higher or change monetization because of console parity, or if they delay the release of the game considerably. With CDPR and 2077 here it is even more frustrating because they're trying to get it sorted right around the time of a new console generation launch, so this isnt' exactly unexpected but it still frustrating - especiallly after their "we promise its not going to be delayed again".

I'm sure Cyberpunk 2077 will be a good game when it arrives and I don't mind waiting if we see forward progress, but if they could have brought the game to PC first without trying to sync everything up with multiple consoles over multiple generations I'd find it preferable. Console gamers think nothing of PC players having to wait months or even years for ports, I don't think it would be unreasonable had they released for PC and then brought the console versions along next month or something. Ah well, in any case I guess we'll see.

Considering the new consoles are basically PCs I find the entire thing perplexing. The days of the "bad ports" like dealing with the PS3 and all should be long gone and over with. I think they really just want to hedge their bets and make sure some of that vaporware is actually out on the streets before releasing this across all platforms. By pushing it back three weeks they are also putting the game out all by itself uncontested. Three weeks is nothing. That's positioning. It's all or nothing.

If they blow this holidays season off then I'm going to know this game is in real trouble. That will tell the tale for sure.

Maybe ubisoft has parked a truckload of cash in front of cdpr. If they didn't they still ought to. I'm for sure had no plan to buy either Watchdogs legion or AC:V but this changes things significantly.

I admit this is what is perhaps most frustrating for me. I should admit that I object to the concept of a modern console for a variety of reasons, but this is one of the practical ones that is quite annoying. I don't like when a PC title suffers in any way because of a console release. That is to say, if they have to remove certain features or dumb things down because they wouldn't "work" on a console gameplay style, price things higher or change monetization because of console parity, or if they delay the release of the game considerably. With CDPR and 2077 here it is even more frustrating because they're trying to get it sorted right around the time of a new console generation launch, so this isnt' exactly unexpected but it still frustrating - especiallly after their "we promise its not going to be delayed again".

I'm sure Cyberpunk 2077 will be a good game when it arrives and I don't mind waiting if we see forward progress, but if they could have brought the game to PC first without trying to sync everything up with multiple consoles over multiple generations I'd find it preferable. Console gamers think nothing of PC players having to wait months or even years for ports, I don't think it would be unreasonable had they released for PC and then brought the console versions along next month or something. Ah well, in any case I guess we'll see.

While a nice thought, it simply isn't financially feasible. CDP has spent too much time and money on this game to take that kind of a gigantic risk. Same reason they can't just ditch the current consoles that are, seemingly, causing them problems.

Considering the new consoles are basically PCs I find the entire thing perplexing.
It could be more about raw power missing than anything about port complexity, looking at PS4 and Xbox specs while looking at the game trailers, what is perplexing is thinking about running that on 2013 hardware ? (And not particularly strong even when it released in 2013 hardware). Maybe HDD loading time (and how often the game go to load) is not acceptable on the non pro version of those old console or something.

Imagine if they had tried to release The Witcher 3 on PS3-Xbox 360, instead of doing it only on the newest console like they did, how much challenge it would have added.

Console gamers think nothing of PC players having to wait months or even years for ports
I am not sure how that has any relevance for the company and that decision.

Maybe ubisoft has parked a truckload of cash in front of cdpr. If they didn't they still ought to. I'm for sure had no plan to buy either Watchdogs legion or AC:V but this changes things significantly.

Watch Dogs: I can't even Figure Out What The Hell It Is Supposed To Be? Meh. I wasn't the biggest Witcher 3 fan, but of the long open world RPG/action games coming, Cyberpunk looks like the best by far. I'm interested in Far Cry 6, even after 5 and New Dawn were downgrades for the series. But the other two, not so much.

Aren't pre-orders a form of contract? If you pre-order expecting a specific delivery date, then delays are a breach of that contract.

You must be fun at parties.
When you order something you expect it to be delivered on the promised date. Or would you be fine with your order being delayed months, or in this case 8 months now if it even comes in december. Why should games be any different?

When you order something you expect it to be delivered on the promised date. Or would you be fine with your order being delayed months, or in this case 8 months now if it even comes in december. Why should games be any different?
Do you want the game to work when they ship it to you or not?

o_O
Because that is not how it works, in almost any consumer purchase. When was the last time you signed a contract to buy anything? I mean a full contract or even purchase order, no pretending a regular retail transaction is somehow a contract.

Your recourse is to refund your pre-order.

Last edited:
Aren't pre-orders a form of contract? If you pre-order expecting a specific delivery date, then delays are a breach of that contract.

a pre-order is just an early order...no contracts or promises...if it gets delayed then that's part of the risk of ordering early...you can always cancel your pre-order

And just like that...

20201112_103514.jpg

Back