Cyberpunk 2077

Live up to the hype? Probably not. Big deal though, all you have to do is ignore the hype and keep your expectations low. I’m confident I’m gonna enjoy the hell out of it though and am getting pretty damn excited! I just hope I don’t have too much trouble running it.

As far as not giving you anything for pre ordering? Good. I hate the in game nonsense and whatever other useless stuff they give players. I pre ordered BECAUSE of that.

I abstained from the hype train since this was announced all those years ago, but I can no longer resist the urge to get on board. CHOO CHOO

That being said I'm not expecting a flawless game, but all signs point to something pretty fucking good.

Pre-ordered. Been anticipating this game since the first trailer. I have a very good feeling about the game.

Yeah, second preorder of the decade... Cant wait even though I'll need to fix my loop before playing (loosing to much water w/o a single drop visible. I know I just twisted a fitting but will need to tighten them all.)

Easy GOG preorder for me. I don't expect "The Second Coming of All Gaming" but I think this is going to deliver the goods all told.

Gives me more time to get Zen 3, and plenty of games to play in the meantime. Plus I should be taking off time around then and Xmas, so might work out nicely.

Fine with me. Don't wanna play it on my 1080 anyway. Maybe I'll have a 3080 by the time they release the game. :D

Joke, I'm drawing the line here, they lost all credibility.
Comedy gold at this point.

And they're lying. "game is ready, can be completed, and has all content in it" doesn't mean going gold, it means reaching BETA stage. If they only done that a few weeks ago, this is going to be an utter disaster.

Last edited:

And they're lying. "game is ready, can be completed, and has all content in it" doesn't mean going gold, it means reaching BETA stage. If they only done that a few weeks ago, this is going to be an utter disaster.
I look forward to your extra-spicy review

No no no...
"Pre-pre-alpha" means the game is about to be released
"Alpha" means this version of the game was leaked
"Beta" means Demo.
"GOLD" means the game is about halfway done
"release candidate" is the content cut to make DLC
"version 1.1" is the "game of the year edition"

Well, it will still be available 3 years after launch in the bargain bin basket :D. Plenty of other games to catch up on and play. Have to wait and see in the end, seems maybe shallow as in having to be basically a thug character, hope I am wrong.

they obviously want the next gen AMD/Nvidia cards to be released and in people's hands which is the reason for this new delay...the November delay was to allow Nvidia/AMD to launch the new cards...this is getting ridiculous...expect another delay if GPU shortages continue

this is the first game I recall getting delayed after going gold

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I think people who really understand what "Gold Master" means are freakin rolling their eyes at the moment.

Gold means it's been approved by Sony/Microsoft/Steam/Epic, dealt with all ESRB (and equivalents in other countries) and is ready for physical and digital consumption. Being that everyone (especially THEM) were aware of the PS5/XB1 (whatever it is called) a freakin' long time ago... something else has happened. This came from way up the ladder to push this back.

unnamed.jpg
I don't know why I feel irked, it's just a game, but freakin' be honest with the fans.

I preordered two days ago. I’m bummed it’s getting pushed back but the bright side is I can now play some of the November releases I was going to skip. Might also give me enough time to convince myself to upgrade to a 3080.

Last edited:
they obviously want the next gen AMD/Nvidia cards to be released and in people's hands which is the reason for this new delay...the November delay was to allow Nvidia/AMD to launch the new cards...this is getting ridiculous...expect another delay if GPU shortages continue

this is the first game I recall getting delayed after going gold

Its not the first game, but it has been a while since this has happened to a big AAA release. I seem to recall it happening to some big console game in the PS3 era but not after that.

it sucks but I'd be more butthurt if I didnt have Watchdogs 3 and Assassins Creed Valhalla to play.

Three weeks is a small and specific enough time window that suggests to me attempts to do last minute tightening. I think it's mostly fudging bets on the console and video card vaporware many of us won't see until some time next year anyway.

The three week delay puts that game out virtually uncontested as well as far as releases go if I'm not mistaken.

I think in totality CDPR has earned some more goodwill and benefit of the doubt then to have people shitcan all their credibility already. ;)

I'm tired of games being rushed out and then we're at the mercy of post release downloads that can only do so much after the fact.

Where they will begin to take a bad hit is if after all this if that game comes out and is a buggy train wreck that goes past the usual "different configurations/update drivers" bugaboos. It's a tall order. We'll see if they pull it off because they certainly have bet the farm on this game for themselves.

Cyberpunk 2077 devs are getting death threats over latest delay

Yesterday, CD Projekt Red announced there'd be one last delay to Cyberpunk 2077...despite going gold in September, the developer reckoned it needed a few more weeks to bring all the current and next-gen version of the games up to scratch...sadly, if predictably, this has led to a whole lot of flak being sent towards individual developers, with Senior game designer Andrzej Zawadzki taking to Twitter to push back against "unacceptable" death threats

Much of the motivation behind the vitriol stems from the idea that CD Projekt deceived fans over promises not to postpone the game again...one tweet, in particular, has been bandied around— an unfortunately timed reply to a fan assuring there'd be no more delays a day before yesterday's announcement...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-devs-are-getting-death-threats-over-the-delay/

Three weeks is a small and specific enough time window that suggests to me attempts to do last minute tightening. I think it's mostly fudging bets on the console and video card vaporware many of us won't see until some time next year anyway.

The three week delay puts that game out virtually uncontested as well as far as releases go if I'm not mistaken.

I think in totality CDPR has earned some more goodwill and benefit of the doubt then to have people shitcan all their credibility already. ;)

I'm tired of games being rushed out and then we're at the mercy of post release downloads that can only do so much after the fact.

Where they will begin to take a bad hit is if after all this if that game comes out and is a buggy train wreck that goes past the usual "different configurations/update drivers" bugaboos. It's a tall order. We'll see if they pull it off because they certainly have bet the farm on this game for themselves.

They only problem is that they are coming dangerously close to missing the holiday window.

They only problem is that they are coming dangerously close to missing the holiday window.

Yes they are. If it slides out of this year entirely I am going to figure this thing is in trouble.

Yes they are. If it slides out of this year entirely I am going to figure this thing is in trouble.

I'm sure the game will be fine, but someone's head at the studio will roll.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Cyberpunk 2077 devs are getting death threats over latest delay

Yesterday, CD Projekt Red announced there'd be one last delay to Cyberpunk 2077...despite going gold in September, the developer reckoned it needed a few more weeks to bring all the current and next-gen version of the games up to scratch...sadly, if predictably, this has led to a whole lot of flak being sent towards individual developers, with Senior game designer Andrzej Zawadzki taking to Twitter to push back against "unacceptable" death threats

Much of the motivation behind the vitriol stems from the idea that CD Projekt deceived fans over promises not to postpone the game again...one tweet, in particular, has been bandied around— an unfortunately timed reply to a fan assuring there'd be no more delays a day before yesterday's announcement...

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-devs-are-getting-death-threats-over-the-delay/

I mean I'm all for holding people accountable and all, but death threats? People just need to get outside more rather than worry that much about a video game.

I mean I'm all for holding people accountable and all, but death threats? People just need to get outside more rather than worry that much about a video game.
Everybody gets death threats these days, threatening to kill someone is the new way of saying "Fuck You!".

I'm pretty pissed off at the developers. I don't care so much when a company delays a product, but what I do care about is repeatedly quoting dates and missing the target. I understand that they aren't doing it on purpose but I can't help but be a little angry about it. I even took off the week of the game's last reported release to play it. I haven't done something like that in years. To say this is a hugely anticipated title for me would be an understatement. That said, I knew that this was a possibility and while I'm angry, death threats would be a completely irrational and over the top reaction.

It's a game. There is a lot of other stuff releasing around the November time frame. Calm the fuck down people.

Ok, I am just waking up to this game. I know where have I been? Obviously I know about this game for sure but haven't followed it closely until now.

- So what type of game is this? A Sci Fi Grand Theft Auto ( hopefully not ), or is this more of a Skyrim type single player first person game, set in a future Blade Runner type of world?

- Is it a shooter mostly? Like lots of run and gun action, or just a bit of shooting and more about exploring and story line?

- You can drive vehicles too? In first person mode, or the console third person view?

- Any CoOp mode to add a friend to play with?

- System requirements look to be really steep? Graphics I see in videos make this game look unbelievably great.

Back