Cyberpunk 2077

Not sure if the scope of the game has changed, but CDPR have stated in the past that this game is bigger in size than Witcher 3. And each of the districts will be distinct and different.

I don’t imagine you’ll get bored.

I think they stated that the map is smaller then Witcher 3 but it's more dense...it's not about getting bored but a bit more variety would have been nice...I go back to the Arkham City/Knight example...I never got bored in those games

Are there non-RTX versions of these screenshots to compare? Or is this one of those cases where the only difference between RTX and non-RTX is ever-so-slightly improved reflections?
Read this:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...tracing-dlss-geforce-now-screenshots-trailer/

In my opinion, it would be pointless to show the difference in static screenshots. These are subtle changes that makes the lighting much more realistic and you would have to see it in motion, preferably in person. Diffuse illumination and ray traced ambient occlusion are big deals. Developers tend to show exaggerated reflections because it is the easiest to see and explain to casual viewers.

I think they stated that the map is smaller then Witcher 3 but it's more dense...it's not about getting bored but a bit more variety would have been nice...I go back to the Arkham City/Knight example...I never got bored in those games

That is what I recall, and the game will be shorter than Witcher 3. I don't think it will be anything drastic in both cases, but probably smaller and more vertical map wise and maybe 5-8 hours shorter story wise. Would still be plenty.

Keep in mind the Witcher 3 map was nearly 50% water; which CDPR included into their 136 sq km map size. CP2077 is estimated at 120 sq km, gauging from the map revealed in their Art Book; but that again is flat plane footprint. If you add together all the buildings (skyscrapers they described as "small cities" in particular) you can go into, it's over-all explorable size should be greater and more dense. This has been alluded to in more than one interview. Of course we have to take the Badlands into account, so it's still a wait and see for me. If the game is good, my only complaint will be that it ended too soon.

That is what I recall, and the game will be shorter than Witcher 3. I don't think it will be anything drastic in both cases, but probably smaller and more vertical map wise and maybe 5-8 hours shorter story wise. Would still be plenty.
On Main Story Game Length:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...r_those_who_were_worried_about_the_length_of/
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-main-story-shorter-witcher-3/
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...s-shorter-than-witcher-3-but-more-replayable/

On Scale of Nightcity:
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-map-a-little-bit-smaller-than-the-witcher-3s-but-far-denser/
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-map-size-witcher-3/

tl;dr The main story of CP2077 is "shorter" than Witcher III, but there is more content to do in CP2077 in the form of side quests, and said side quests are more meaningful and do significant character development.
Opinion: I'm still going to go with CP2077 being "longer" for RPG fans, because most RPG fans will want to play all the side quest content. The main quest is only going to be "marginally" shorter, while the side content is much much larger (as compared to Witcher III).

On size, it also seems to me that CP2077 bigger than the Witcher III due to density.

Imagine taking the world of The Witcher 3 and all of its rich content, and then "deleting the wilderness between" is how Borzymowski describes it.

Physical map size is only a part of it, but there is also the consideration that the Witcher had open land, which with the exception of the desert area outside of Nightcity (most notably used for the Nomad start), CP2077 doesn't seem to have. There wasn't really verticality in Witcher III, but if there is even a single mega-building like the film "Dredd" in CD2077 (which could be a quest hub or home-base, etc) then there could be a huge amount of content placed into a relatively "small" vertical location on the map. Which, I believe is what CDPR has done.
Opinion: CP2077 is larger due to increased verticality, density, and far less dead space. My understanding is as well is even with the deletion of dead space, the map isn't "that much" smaller. Meaning it's bigger compared to Witcher III in every way that matters.

Last edited:
I really really hope this lives up to the hype. But you can only be hyped up about a game for so long. I'm not sure they can keep it up till november.

The main story of CP2077 is "shorter" than Witcher III, but there is more content to do in CP2077 in the form of side quests, and said side quests are more meaningful and do significant character development.
Opinion: I'm still going to go with CP2077 being "longer" for RPG fans, because most RPG fans will want to play all the side quest content. The main quest is only going to be "marginally" shorter, while the side content is much much larger (as compared to Witcher III).

Which brings up the question, are those really side quests? If you're pretty much required to do them for the story that not much of a side quest. Which is okay but you'd think they'd go the extra mile to integrate it fully into the main story. These days side quests tend to blur too much into the story quest, and if you skip some you loose out on a lot of story info.

Which brings up the question, are those really side quests? If you're pretty much required to do them for the story that not much of a side quest. Which is okay but you'd think they'd go the extra mile to integrate it fully into the main story. These days side quests tend to blur too much into the story quest, and if you skip some you loose out on a lot of story info.
In terms of progression yes. Side quests will not be required in order to advance the main quest forward. If you just want to push only the main story then you could rush to the end faster than Witcher III (for all you speed runners out there or people with limited free time).
To your point however (which also was my point), if sidequests are anywhere in the caliber of say a Mass Effect 3 and either develop your character or side characters, why would you want to miss that? Some of the best DLC content was basically driving character development forward. Which is generally why I say, with what CDPR have said: CP2077 is a longer gamer.

Last edited:
partly, but FP/TP is more than just visual details, in fact I'd argue its way more about control and world interaction than visuals.

FP is better for focused control and interaction (opening vents, interacting with panels and systems, etc), part of why it is a way better option for shooters than third person, aiming down the sights and firing is a lot more immersive than TP can achieve. Similarly TP gives you a lot more situational awareness and moves the game in a more tactical direction in exchange for less immersion, melee based games in particular benefit from TP view and can craft an illusion of immersion close to that of a FP game. Definitely you get more appreciation for where your character is, how the melee weapons swing and act, and when to dodge or counter in TP.

Both can do the same things, like Metal Gear being heavy on the object interaction, but they do certain things better than the other.

I don't mind the FP switch, I play both and enjoy the difference as much as anything. Kingdom Come Deliverance is a prime example of a typically TP concept being done in FP and the difficulty it introduces in melee combat threw alot of people off, but get good at it and it is a very deep and rewarding experience.

Personally I find TP shooters to be lesser than FP shooters.

The system design doesn't translate well which makes optional FP/TP hard to design for. TP is a lot looser in control and relies on contextual actions (like wall hugging and forcing the character into position for certain interactions) that would break immersion in FP, likewise FP allows more freedom of control, character placement and movement that would make TP systems difficult to pull off. It isn't impossible, but I doubt the extra time in design, programming, and testing would be worth the limited return of creating such a feature. IMHO it is better to just stick to one or the other and dive deep into that system.

The Above x10. TP ruined the Thief series,imho.

lol, he was getting 60fps with rtx on at 1080p. I'm sure it'll be fine, but also come with loads of gpu killing fidelity options.

I'm not seeing what your seeing and its pretty darn clear you have a chip on your shoulder for CDPR.

No,not a chip a 2.5 Ton boulder. ;)

Am I the only one not thrilled by voice actor for male V? Think I'll go female V first playthrough

I found it to be fine. Not amazing, not terrible, just fine. Not sure which way I'll go for my first playthrough.

Am I the only one not thrilled by voice actor for male V? Think I'll go female V first playthrough
I was thinking the same thing...about the female voice, it sounded pretty uninspired to me, like someone was just reading lines for an audiobook.

Everyone's a critic. I think the voice acting is pretty good.
In the 2018 long play-through I was way more concerned with the lines rather than the delivery of said lines.
Some of the writing sounded awkward. But so far with everything released in 2020, it seems like most of that is smoothed out.

In the 2018 long play-through I was way more concerned with the lines rather than the delivery of said lines.
Some of the writing sounded awkward. But so far with everything released in 2020, it seems like most of that is smoothed out.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of very cringy super edge lord lines and line delivery in the game. Kind of goes hand-in-hand with a lot of cyberpunk (or punk in general) stuff. Hopefully the majority of the writing is solid and on par with W3 though.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of very cringy super edge lord lines and line delivery in the game. Kind of goes hand-in-hand with a lot of cyberpunk (or punk in general) stuff. Hopefully the majority of the writing is solid and on par with W3 though.
If they're going to have absurd dialog, I don't mind. As long as it's apparent that what they're doing is intentional even if over the top.
But you're also talking to someone who likes David Lynch and Hideo Kojima.

Ha! Someday there will be a good way to do melee in first person, but I don't care as long as the game is good (and it still looks like what I expect and want).

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Ha! Someday there will be a good way to do melee in first person, but I don't care as long as the game is good (and it still looks like what I expect and want).

I enjoyed the Zeno Clash series, especially in VorpX with VR.

Will be interesting to see how good Cyberpunk looks in VorpX initially. I'm sure demand for a good VorpX profile will be high.

Probably, would be a beast to run though.

The melee looks rather lame compared to Zeno Clash let alone the melee centric Kingdom Come.

This actually feels like playing the original Deusex with the dragon's tooth sword :D The movement, the speed of the jumps and how you fall back to the ground.

I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.

Yeah, it really did. I finished butcher bay, but not the sequel. Is it worth it?

I really really hope this lives up to the hype. But you can only be hyped up about a game for so long. I'm not sure they can keep it up till november.

CDPR has an incredibly loyal following, and a track record for quality to back it up. If you look at the response every time they announce a delay, it's mostly positive. The opinion always seems to be that people are willing to wait for a solid, stable release, and that they trust CDPR to do the right thing. I don't think they delays have really deterred many people. And really, hype only matters when it comes to drumming up pre-orders. Once the game is released, it's either good, or it's not. If it's good, people will see that, and people will buy it. Come November, nobodies going to be saying "well, the reviews are good, and people love it... but they delayed it too many times and so i'm not interested". Aside from a select few exceptions (your development hell situations like DNF), a game's delays become a non-issue the moment it gets released.

CDPR makes great games, and has one of the best attitudes towards their customers of any developer / publisher (and the best for a company of their size). I have an overwhelming amount of trust in what they do. I cannot fathom a situation where this game is anything short of remarkable. Their delays only reaffirm my opinion, they seem to have a genuine desire to release the best possible game they can. Better a late release than a poor, buggy, unpolished one.

I think you know I'm pretty vocal about how annoying it is when optional things aren't really optional in games like this. I believe CDPR understands this. TW3 had a lot of optional things to do, but much of it was very well done, and none of it felt necessary. I have played though TW3 twice. I haven't crafted anything, I didn't even brew potions, unless a quest explicitly required it. Farming resources just isn't my thing. I never felt like it was required, or like I missed out on anything because of it. This is how crafting should be. If, say, crafting was required to repair my weapons or get bolts or some other bullshit, that would be a problem with me. Thankfully, it wasn't like that. The side quests were usually interesting and well thought out. Not necessary, but interesting enough to make them enjoyable instead of feeling like errands. Even the contracts, which technically were errands, were really well done. There was dialogue and cut scenes and stories and you got to fight new and interesting things that required planning and strategy. They were engaging and rewarding and so much better than the generic "go here, do this, come back" quests you see in similar games. Even so, on my second play though, I largely skipped the contracts, I didn't need to do them again, and I found that it really didn't hinder me much. It made the end game a little more challenging since I wasn't leveling as fast, but it was still very possible to finish. To that end, I'd still consider them fully optional. If the games difficulty scaled in such a way that you're faced with a frustratingly difficult late-game by not doing the contracts, that would also frustrate me. I did not find that to be the case.

I expect CP2077 to carry on these values. I'm fine with crafting being an element, but don't make it a requirement. If I have to craft to get the best weapons and upgrades, or maintain my weapons, or acquire vital consumables, that will not sit well me with. Basically, anything (non-cosmetic) that can be done via crafting should have an alternate means of doing it, be it with in game currency or some other means (not micro transactions... looking at you ubisoft). Likewise, I'm fine with a large number of side quests, so long as skipping them doesn't cause to me miss out on vital information or put me into a situation where the game is too difficult by not doing them. And if they're good enough (which I expect they will be), I will happily do them anyway. Just don't give me a bunch of pointless fetch quests, and then put me at a disadvantage if I skip them.

CDPR has an incredibly loyal following, and a track record for quality to back it up. If you look at the response every time they announce a delay, it's mostly positive. The opinion always seems to be that people are willing to wait for a solid, stable release, and that they trust CDPR to do the right thing. I don't think they delays have really deterred many people. And really, hype only matters when it comes to drumming up pre-orders. Once the game is released, it's either good, or it's not. If it's good, people will see that, and people will buy it. Come November, nobodies going to be saying "well, the reviews are good, and people love it... but they delayed it too many times and so i'm not interested". Aside from a select few exceptions (your development hell situations like DNF), a game's delays become a non-issue the moment it gets released.

CDPR makes great games, and has one of the best attitudes towards their customers of any developer / publisher (and the best for a company of their size). I have an overwhelming amount of trust in what they do. I cannot fathom a situation where this game is anything short of remarkable. Their delays only reaffirm my opinion, they seem to have a genuine desire to release the best possible game they can. Better a late release than a poor, buggy, unpolished one.
I think the delays just enforce the false expectation that the game will be bug free at release. I doubt that will be the case. I still fully expect tons of bugs and issues.

I also predict there will be a lot of disappointed Witcher 3 fans. Because this game will be nothing like that.

And I have concerns whether player choice will be a thing in the game, both in gameplay and how the story unfolds.

I think the delays just enforce the false expectation that the game will be bug free at release. I doubt that will be the case. I still fully expect tons of bugs and issues.

I also predict there will be a lot of disappointed Witcher 3 fans. Because this game will be nothing like that.

And I have concerns whether player choice will be a thing in the game, both in gameplay and how the story unfolds.

I'm not expecting bug free. I think that's unrealistic in any game of this magnitude, they can only test and polish so much before they have to send it out to the world and see what happens. What I'm hoping for is nothing game breaking. No major technical or performance issues, broken quests, that sort of thing. Maybe even that is expecting to much... but I don't recall any significant problems with TW3 at launch.

Regarding TW3 similarities, i'm sure you are right that there are people expecting TW3 with guns, but I'm hoping the amount of people who expect that are minimal. I'm a huge fan of the Witcher franchise as a whole and think TW3, five years on, is still one of the best games ever made. I think it will for a very long time be a benchmark that other games get compared to. That said, I don't want TW3 with guns. I want something new and original that is made with the same quality and care that TW3 has. To that end, CDPR has given me no evidence to suggest I'll be disapointed.

For player choice, I honestly don't know if this is something they are touting (i'm trying to avoid as much as I can about the game, I want to go in as virgin as possible)... but again just given the way CDPR operates, I expect it to be present. There were major choices to be made in TW2/3 that affected how the games played out. I don't see why they would scrap that now. Genuinely curious here... what is your concern founded on? Have you seen/heard something to suggest the players actions will not affect how the game unfolds?

There is no piece of software anywhere that is bug free. But I expect that it will have significantly less bugs than more or less any EA title also at launch. (This will be no where close to a Mass Effect Andromeda at launch as an example).

That might happen. But I think it's more than reasonable. This is a different game. It's not like any game developer has the capacity to control how their fans react to things.
Heck if it was "exactly the same" as the Witcher series, people would complain about that too. At some point, if this is something you're passionate about (game design and making games in general), you build the best title you know how to and don't worry about people that complain. And it's a much better, more healthy place to be when you're not designing a game "for complainers".

It seems to me there is a 'significant' amount. But like all branching story-lines there is a limitation on how many options can be programmed for. I still expect that as the branches reduce into reverse trees or however they're going to do it.
But as they've said in the beginning: in Cyberpunk you'll never be able to save the world, but you may be able to save yourself. I figure what that looks like and what that means will have a reasonable amount of variation.

Last edited:
To congratulate Hideo Kojima and the Kojima Productions team on the PC launch of Death Stranding, CD Projekt Red turned him into a Cyberpunk 2077 character... it's not clear if he'll appear in-game...

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1283359163230441472?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1283359163230441472|twgr^&ref_url=https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-red-tribute-shows-kojima-as-a-cyberpunk-2077-character/

58.jpg

To congratulate Hideo Kojima and the Kojima Productions team on the PC launch of Death Stranding, CD Projekt Red turned him into a Cyberpunk 2077 character... it's not clear if he'll appear in-game...

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1283359163230441472?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1283359163230441472|twgr^&ref_url=https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-red-tribute-shows-kojima-as-a-cyberpunk-2077-character/
It's fine if I Can torture him, like he tortured me with his games.

you should put in a request with CDPR to see if they can put in Last of Us 2's Abby as a Cyberpunk character
No thanks, I'm good with any buff female character. I hope TLOU2 was just first of many games to blow past that stereotype.

View attachment 261817

Best game he ever made right there.

Back