Cyberpunk 2077

The game will speak for itself. This, like any other game, will get reviewed at launch and all the smart people will read / watch several reviews before purchasing. All our speculation at this point is pointless. It is good CDPR is getting more feedback for their last few months of polishing, but nothing constructive will come out of debates like this.

I have it pre-ordered on two platforms because I am neither smart nor give a rip how this game reviews. I trust CDPR to make a great game and if it ends up being sheit, then it will be no one else's fault but my own. I'll take that gamble... because this game won't be sheit. We all know it.

I can't see this being a bad game and I agree: I think we all know it.

The keyword for everything past preferences is this: Implementation.

If everything we see here is well implemented including the first person view that some people don't care for then ultimately all will be well. I am very glad they have not rushed this title.

60 at DLSS 1080p most likely.

No, I adore what CDPR is doing with GOG, for instance, find it a vastly better store than Steam, and think they have some great games under their belt. I just don't shy away from pointing out BS when I see it.

I presented facts mentioned in the video, I never said it was the whole video nor was I giving a review of SkillUp's presentation. It was a paid promotion, of course he won't spend the majority of the time on the issues. Nevertheless, they were there, other's have since confirmed them, and they speak volumes on the current state of the game that was supposedly ready long ago and is now receiving final QA polishes.

He mentioned DLSS but didn't mention it specifically being active. Other reports have and presumably they all ran the same spec.

I don't beleive a word of it, you very clearly have a chip on your shoulder, not a bs detector.

Definitely the way I'm going to play, even if it requires a 3080 ti.
Considering that the Xbox 1X, PS4 Pro, PS5, and Xbox Series X all run off of AMD hardware, I'm a little more than curious to find out of Big Navi will be the better option for our raytraced future (due to everything getting optimized for their hardware). AMD has been super tight lipped. They're either ahead or behind. Here's hoping that it will at least be top end competitive. I don't think there has been a more exciting/competitive flagship GPU launch in..... 6-7 years? At least?

Considering that the Xbox 1X, PS4 Pro, PS5, and Xbox Series X all run off of AMD hardware, I'm a little more than curious to find out of Big Navi will be the better option for our raytraced future (due to everything getting optimized for their hardware). AMD has been super tight lipped. They're either ahead or behind. Here's hoping that it will at least be top end competitive. I don't think there has been a more exciting/competitive flagship GPU launch in..... 6-7 years? At least?

Considering Big Navi will likely be cheaper I'd love to have that be the better option, but the PC version of the game is sponsored by Nvidia and does support DLSS 2.0. So even if Big Navi has RT capabilities on par with Ampere I feel like Nvidia might still end up being the best raw performance choice for the game.

lol, he was getting 60fps with rtx on at 1080p. I'm sure it'll be fine, but also come with loads of gpu killing fidelity options.

I'm not seeing what your seeing and its pretty darn clear you have a chip on your shoulder for CDPR.
no, he literally has a chip on his shoulder for everything.. pretty sure his only purpose in life is to shit post every game release thread on the internet.

Considering Big Navi will likely be cheaper I'd love to have that be the better option, but the PC version of the game is sponsored by Nvidia and does support DLSS 2.0. So even if Big Navi has RT capabilities on par with Ampere I feel like Nvidia might still end up being the best raw performance choice for the game.

it's sponsored because nvidia had to pay them to get DLSS/raytracing added. i don't think CDPR had any intentions of adding it otherwise and in my opinion looks worse with raytracing(dlss i'm fine with).. until they can figure out a way to get rid of the glass surface reflection effect it just doesn't look right in a game like this.

Last edited:
so i guess if you get a cp2077 controller there is a qr code that gets you to this

More RTX screenshots from Nvidia:
Cyberpunk-2077-Ray-Tracing-Screenshots-New-1.jpgCyberpunk-2077-Ray-Tracing-Screenshots-New-2.jpgCyberpunk-2077-Ray-Tracing-Screenshots-New-3.jpgCyberpunk-2077-Ray-Tracing-Screenshots-New-4.jpg

The Nvidia screenshots kinda bug me. I’m calling bullshots until we see that actually running in game.
could easily just be a picture mode.

I know it disappointed some people in some ways coming off Human Revolution but overall it's still an awesome game and I want more. That's why I'm looking to this to help scratch that itch.

Overall I think MKD is the better game, but there are things HR does much better.

I wished they stop doing these gameplay demos on a controller....the LACK of fine control is appalling...gmeplay looks interesting....but FFS...the controller-retardo-control made me close the videos early...

I wished they stop doing these gameplay demos on a controller....the LACK of fine control is appalling...gmeplay looks interesting....but FFS...the controller-retardo-control made me close the videos early...

That sounds like a you issue.

Yeah, it's often easy to tell that the demo runner has a controller and not much skill with FPS games. But that didn't prevent me from watching every video!

I wish gameplay demos also focused on control fidelity and not have the receptionist play on a controller.

It is just as bad as bad graphics in my book.

I know it disappointed some people in some ways coming off Human Revolution but overall it's still an awesome game and I want more. That's why I'm looking to this to help scratch that itch.
It's a much better game than human revolution. It fixes most things that got wrong, it's only problem that it feels like it ends halfway through the story with a cliffhanger with no sequel in sight.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yeah, it's often easy to tell that the demo runner has a controller and not much skill with FPS games. But that didn't prevent me from watching every video!
My brain percieves chappy motion/control right away, just like I spot LOD pop-in, aliasing etc.

The shooting from the car really revealed how crappy the control was...Big fat NO!

Shitty control is shitty control...and not just a me thing.
I wish gameplay demos also focused on control fidelity and not have the receptionist play on a controller.

It is just as bad as bad graphics in my book.

The short response for all of you is: for gameplay demos it's far better for the player to take and move everything slowly so people can actually see what's going on and also show off what the game looks like. It doesn't benefit their audience at all if they play the game like a speed runner whipping around enemies like a blur. This isn't supposed to be a PCMR demonstration of the best twitch mechanics and best players. This isn't for you. That's why all game play demos (from any FPS game) are like this.

It's a much better game than human revolution. It fixes most things that got wrong, it's only problem that it feels like it ends halfway through the story with a cliffhanger with no sequel in sight.

Exactly how I feel about it.

Reactions: M76
like this
Overall I think MKD is the better game, but there are things HR does much better.

I thought HR was more realized and a far more complete story, but MD improved mechanics and expanded story. The tacked on MP was a disappointment, but I'd love to have more of the main game.

I got into the newer Deus Ex game's much later than probably everyone else. I waited to get them cheap. Unfortunately, I never finished the first one or started the second.

I thought HR was more realized and a far more complete story, but MD improved mechanics and expanded story. The tacked on MP was a disappointment, but I'd love to have more of the main game.

The farmed out boss fights in HR where jarring to say the least, the ending was abrupt and too soon, while the plot was overall broader and more 'Deus Ex Machina' the more grounded story and narrative of MKD held it together better than HR. I prefered HR's AUGs and hub world over MKD.

Both are within .5 of each other imho, and both are worth playing. Way better than some of the other Deus Ex titles.

Last edited:
I will say, overall, the environment looks a bit more detailed than other open world games. I wonder how big the city will actually be and what/where we can go. Seems like we see the same few landmarks over and over again. I don't consider that to be a bad thing, but they hyped a lot about the world being super detailed and many things being enter-able and unique.

I liked the pacing and upgrades of HR more, but MD got better. As you mentioned, it ended too soon and took too long to build up.

I wish there were more areas to explore in the game other then Night City...maybe in the DLC?...it has that Arkham City type of exploration vibe which is a good thing

I wish there were more areas to explore in the game other then Night City...maybe in the DLC?...it has that Arkham City type of exploration vibe which is a good thing

Well, a highly detailed and vertical city to explore would be different. Can't think of any game that has done that. Most open world games tend to not have massive cities. Assassin's Creed games come close, but again, they are very formulaic. Especially Syndicate. And those aren't modern cities, but they're the closest I can think of.

Most open world games are set in the past/fantasy/outdoors. Goes with the openness I guess. But a huge, sprawling modern city that is open world? Seems a bit different to me. Though like I said, it depends on how well developed the city actually is. Witcher 3 wasn't as good as people made it out to be. City was mostly a few areas with lots of blandness and streets with not much to do. That whole sub island for example in Novigrad was basically devoid of missions, things to do or places to enter.

I will say, overall, the environment looks a bit more detailed than other open world games. I wonder how big the city will actually be and what/where we can go. Seems like we see the same few landmarks over and over again. I don't consider that to be a bad thing, but they hyped a lot about the world being super detailed and many things being enter-able and unique.
From what I hear it might not be as open as people think. More like Mass Effect where missions take place on detached areas of the map normally not accessible to players. And medium sized hub areas.

like this
From what I hear it might not be as open as people think. More like Mass Effect where missions take place on detached areas of the map normally not accessible to players. And medium sized hub areas.

Honestly I might prefer that. But I'm not seeing it being as small as the original Mass Effect games. Maybe like Andromeda, but I still think it will be more like Witcher 3 and other open world games. I wouldn't mind either if done right, but I can see gamers/reviewers ripping CD Projekt apart if it wasn't a true open world.

I do prefer the Mass Effect/Deus Ex hub style games. Enough openness without lots of wasted time.

like this
Honestly I might prefer that. But I'm not seeing it being as small as the original Mass Effect games. Maybe like Andromeda, but I still think it will be more like Witcher 3 and other open world games. I wouldn't mind either if done right, but I can see gamers/reviewers ripping CD Projekt apart if it wasn't a true open world.

I do prefer the Mass Effect/Deus Ex hub style games. Enough openness without lots of wasted time.
I'm not saying that's a bad thing either. I think it could work better for a game like this. There is no way they can model every building in a city as explorable.

Not sure if the scope of the game has changed, but CDPR have stated in the past that this game is bigger in size than Witcher 3. And each of the districts will be distinct and different.

I don’t imagine you’ll get bored.

Back