Cyberpunk 2077

Things are not looking good for my 2080 Super @ 3440x1440. If I can at least maintain 50ish FPS i'll be happy.

I still plan on upgrading to Ampere...but I'd prefer the 3060 or 3070 equivalent...but I'm also thinking that even Ampere might not be able to handle Cyberpunk at 1440p with all settings maxed...maybe the 2070 Super would be a nice upgrade instead

Last edited:
Well I’m certainly a buyer. Once it releases we can all report in here on what we are running and how it goes. Obviously it will be reviewed to pieces but I always enjoy seeing what people get irl with their individual setups.

I’m not looking to upgrade too much this year so will run it on what I’ve got first.

I built a new machine with a 2080ti late last year (see sig), but I'm running 4k and I want ALL the bells and whistles; Ray Tracing AND 60 fps!! Not sure what I'm going to do yet, we'll figure that out in November. :sneaky:

New trailer looks great, not sure what the complaints are about the graphics "not looking next gen enough". This game is insanely complex - photorealism isn't in the cards for another gen or two.

I think first person was also the right design decision, and puts you into the world much more than a third person avatar you're merely remote-controlling like in GTA5 or RDR2.

But DLSS 2.0 is the best news. Fortunate that it became available just in time to implement in this game. I didn't think much of the feature until seeing it with my own eyes in the game Control. It's basically magic, and will be a godsend for acceptable framerates.

Last edited:
That's why choice matters. I prefer to play in 1st person, but I like to switch to 3rd person to see my character outside of combat, for vanity. That's also why good character creators are important to me.

Recent Dues Ex games did it well. First person for combat, third person for cutscenes. Swapping between the two is okay if they are implemented properly but I've never seen a game do that. The problem with allowing choice is in an open world like Cyberpunk I assume you'll get into combat everywhere so you'll find yourself in combat in 3rd or 1st person when you weren't expecting it.

As soon as combat starts it can always swap to 1st person though if you have that option enabled. 3rd person for roaming/talking, 1st for combat. Would be a good compromise.

Recent Dues Ex games did it well. First person for combat, third person for cutscenes. Swapping between the two is okay if they are implemented properly but I've never seen a game do that. The problem with allowing choice is in an open world like Cyberpunk I assume you'll get into combat everywhere so you'll find yourself in combat in 3rd or 1st person when you weren't expecting it.

As soon as combat starts it can always swap to 1st person though if you have that option enabled. 3rd person for roaming/talking, 1st for combat. Would be a good compromise.
It's still better to have the option and choosing not to use it, than not having it at all.

Never had a problem switching between 1st and 3rd person in Skyrim.

DLSS2.0 will help a lot for running this game. I still want to get a new GPU with HDMI 2.1 before this comes out, but I think it will be playable at 4K with my 2080 Ti.

It's still better to have the option and choosing not to use it, than not having it at all.
Providing a 1P/3P toggle wouldn't be trivial, since it would mean having to test and potentially re-tune the entire game beginning to end to make sense in both 1p and 3p.

There also appear to be some highly detailed animations in your limbs as well as the interactions with NPCs and the environment, which would probably lose some impact in 3P, or not even make sense.

The fact Skyrim let you toggle doesn't mean it was well thought out or good design. It looks like a much higher level of care is going into Cyberpunk than your typical Bethesda slopped together sandbox.

Last edited:
Providing a 1P/3P toggle wouldn't be trivial, since it would mean having to test and potentially re-tune the entire game beginning to end to make sense in both 1p and 3p.
Excuses excuses excuses. Skyrim clearly wasn't meant to be played in 3rd person, but the option is there, and it's great to have it sometimes.
There's probably lots in the game that you would notice in 1P that you wouldn't in 3P, and suddenly the game's not making sense or you're missing stuff and they need to dumb it down or re-tune.
I think people can figure out the view options. Most gamers are dumb, but not that dumb.

Alternatively, they can focus on things that matter more. It is their game, they can design it to use whatever view they wish. If that means you can’t/won’t play it then that is too bad.

He is getting so uptight about such a perfunctory feature that will probably get modded in about 5 minutes after the game releases. We know from experience that CDPR values and encourages the modding community, they aren't going to pull an EA or Activision by locking the game down....fucking chill already.

He is getting so uptight about such a perfunctory feature that will probably get modded in about 5 minutes after the game releases. We know from experience that CDPR values and encourages the modding community, they aren't going to pull an EA or Activision by locking the game down....fucking chill already.
I just don't understand how can some people oppose something that would have zero impact on their experience, while greatly improve it for others. That's just plain mean.

I just don't understand how can some people oppose something that would have zero impact on their experience, while greatly improve it for others. That's just plain mean.

I think the larger issue is quality. For a game to be truly exceptional, it has to focus on one or the other, anything else is in-between and plays like something that is trying to be two different things. Games are built largely around their mechanics; maps need to be built differently, Cinematics and Cut scenes need to be shot differently, even movement speed and game controls need to be done differently. Trying to make both first person and third work seamlessly, full-time, in the same game would require both of them to be compromised and not feel 'right'. The result would make for a mediocre feeling game, and CDPR has no interest in building mediocre. I'm certainly not opposed to features that give choice and expanded features... unless it hurts that over-all game. If it benefits 3% of their fan base, but makes it a noticeably lesser experience for everyone else, is it really helping?

Looks awesome.....can't wait to run it on my release day 3080ti :D
Hopefully it will be enough for native 1080p 60 FPS.

Saw the SkillUp paid promotion. Doesn't look nearly finished. Performance is unoptimized, mouse and keyboard support not working properly, buggy, less features and assets than in the trailers, unpolished gameplay/story/progression. Basically, all the things one would expect from an ever delaying game.

"It looked pretty" was the main positive impression, and that was coming from a paid fanboy.

I just don't understand how can some people oppose something that would have zero impact on their experience, while greatly improve it for others.

Not opposed, just indifferent....especially given all the mods which will likely be available.

That's just plain mean.

Just trying to toughen you up for the mean streets of Night City :cool:

In a vacuum it wouldn't matter, but you also have to consider that designing a 3rd person view wouldn't happen in a vacuum. It would take dev time, it would require more QA time, it would likely require changing animations for V and how V interacts with the world. CDPR wouldn't want to take the "fuck it, just slap on a shitty, half-assed, view" approach that Bethesda does with their games. Doing a proper 3rd person view could be a lot of work, which would take away from other parts of the game. There are other things the developers need to focus on. As long as the game has mod support, modders will handle the demand for a 3rd person view. The developers themselves clearly don't want it, so let them make the game they want.

Saw the SkillUp paid promotion. Doesn't look nearly finished. Performance is unoptimized, mouse and keyboard support not working properly, buggy, less features and assets than in the trailers, unpolished gameplay/story/progression. Basically, all the things one would expect from an ever delaying game.

"It looked pretty" was the main positive impression, and that was coming from a paid fanboy.

You are VASTLY mis-representing SkillUp's video.

In a vacuum it wouldn't matter, but you also have to consider that designing a 3rd person view wouldn't happen in a vacuum. It would take dev time, it would require more QA time, it would likely require changing animations for V and how V interacts with the world. CDPR wouldn't want to take the "fuck it, just slap on a shitty, half-assed, view" approach that Bethesda does with their games. Doing a proper 3rd person view could be a lot of work, which would take away from other parts of the game. There are other things the developers need to focus on. As long as the game has mod support, modders will handle the demand for a 3rd person view. The developers themselves clearly don't want it, so let them make the game they want.

And sometimes more choice/options isn't good. Games are designed to be played a certain way. Sometimes it is better to be left as the developers intended.

But I still think a hybrid system like Deus Ex would have been ideal. Cinematic 3rd person, combat in first. Maybe 3rd person in some roaming.

You are VASTLY mis-representing SkillUp's video.
I disagree, it's all the things he mentioned. He added his positive imoressions and weighted them more important, but that doesn't make those issues nonexistent. Other reviewers mentioned the same.

I disagree, it's all the things he mentioned. He added his positive imoressions and weighted them more important, but that doesn't make those issues nonexistent. Other reviewers mentioned the same.

Witcher 3 had some bad animations and cinematics so that isn't unexpected. Performance and the like will likely be fixed. Doubting there is much wrong with story and quests, but I assume the small bugs will be fixed by release.

My biggest issue is how plastic the people look, aside from the hair. The Digital Foundry video compared Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Cyberpunk briefly and I have to say, the lighting and reflections looked more realistic in Mankind Divided. We'll see how it ends up at release.

Witcher 3 had some bad animations and cinematics so that isn't unexpected. Performance and the like will likely be fixed. Doubting there is much wrong with story and quests, but I assume the small bugs will be fixed by release.

My biggest issue is how plastic the people look, aside from the hair. The Digital Foundry video compared Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Cyberpunk briefly and I have to say, the lighting and reflections looked more realistic in Mankind Divided. We'll see how it ends up at release.
I'm not so sure about performance as the game has been marketed as practically finished for half a year now and the presented issues seem too big to be resolved in the short time that is left. Unless they delay it again. Miracles can happen, though.

Agree on the human models. Not exactly next gen there.

Raytraced screens from Nvidia:

e-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-001.jpge-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-005.jpge-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-004.jpge-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-003.jpge-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-002.jpg

Never had a problem switching between 1st and 3rd person in Skyrim.

I love TES and Fallout, however not a great example, Gamebryo games are clunky to begin with, which makes the benefits of either fps/tps rather moot.

lol, he was getting 60fps with rtx on at 1080p. I'm sure it'll be fine, but also come with loads of gpu killing fidelity options.

I'm not seeing what your seeing and its pretty darn clear you have a chip on your shoulder for CDPR.

The problem is in how you presented it. He mentioned some issues, some he admitted were nitpicks and some others were a case of seeing where things go, but over-all his impressions were incredibly positive. The way you worded it made it sound like his entire video was negative and wasn't just a small handful of issues peppered throughout a 20+ minute video.

I'm not so sure about performance as the game has been marketed as practically finished for half a year now and the presented issues seem too big to be resolved in the short time that is left. Unless they delay it again. Miracles can happen, though.

Agree on the human models. Not exactly next gen there.

Ray-tracing is super demanding on current RTX cards so 1080p 60 (which he said felt solid) makes sense even on a 2080 ti. I don't recall him mentioning DLSS so if it was running at native 1080p with a solid 60 then it's not THAT bad, considering the current performance hit RT gives.

lol, he was getting 60fps with rtx on at 1080p. I'm sure it'll be fine, but also come with loads of gpu killing fidelity options.

I'm not seeing what your seeing and its pretty darn clear you have a chip on your shoulder for CDPR.
60 at DLSS 1080p most likely.

No, I adore what CDPR is doing with GOG, for instance, find it a vastly better store than Steam, and think they have some great games under their belt. I just don't shy away from pointing out BS when I see it.

The problem is in how you presented it. He mentioned some issues, some he admitted were nitpicks and some others were a case of seeing where things go, but over-all his impressions were incredibly positive. The way you worded it made it sound like his entire video was negative and wasn't just a small handful of issues peppered throughout a 20+ minute video.
I presented facts mentioned in the video, I never said it was the whole video nor was I giving a review of SkillUp's presentation. It was a paid promotion, of course he won't spend the majority of the time on the issues. Nevertheless, they were there, other's have since confirmed them, and they speak volumes on the current state of the game that was supposedly ready long ago and is now receiving final QA polishes.

Ray-tracing is super demanding on current RTX cards so 1080p 60 (which he said felt solid) makes sense even on a 2080 ti. I don't recall him mentioning DLSS so if it was running at native 1080p with a solid 60 then it's not THAT bad, considering the current performance hit RT gives.
He mentioned DLSS but didn't mention it specifically being active. Other reports have and presumably they all ran the same spec.

I presented facts mentioned in the video, I never said it was the whole video nor was I giving a review of SkillUp's presentation. It was a paid promotion, of course he won't spend the majority of the time on the issues. Nevertheless, they were there, other's have since confirmed them, and they speak volumes on the current state of the game that was supposedly ready long ago and is now receiving final QA polishes.

He mentioned DLSS but didn't mention it specifically being active. Other reports have and presumably they all ran the same spec.

It wasn't a paid promotion. There is a difference between a video being a paid promotion and a video being sponsored. The video was sponsored and he ran a little add about RT and DLSS features at the end of it. As far as being done. Something to remember, QA encompasses a lot. Control tweaks, bugs, optimization, etc are all part of the QA process. The game is still five months from release. Given the size of the development team (and the amount of crunch CDPR puts its developers through) a lot can change from now until then. Some of the missing features were things from super early trailers. The game was shown off way too early and it's clearly had a lot of issues throughout development so it's not surprising that some stuff was dropped along the way, this is a common problem with any game being talked about and shown off so early in development. Wouldn't be surprised if a few others things they talked about early on have been scrapped as well. Early game pacing issues obviously won't be fixed and are a problem with all of CDPR's games. All three Witcher games have serious pacing issues early on that kind of level off as the games get further on, hopefully it's the same with Cyberpunk.

As far as I know, a lot of the previews were done via Geforce Now. He's the only one I've seen talk about running it on local hardware. It could have been running DLSS, and that wouldn't be terribly surprising when it comes to RT stuff, but hard to say one way or another without confirmation.

Reviewers were paid to come and play the game. It was a paid promotion. Some have played remotely. Not to mention the underlying incentive to stay on the good side for future exclusive events access.

I agree that most of it isn't surprising, that's not the issue. The issue is it runs contrary to CDPR's bullshit and very in line with Glassdoor reports.

The game will speak for itself. This, like any other game, will get reviewed at launch and all the smart people will read / watch several reviews before purchasing. All our speculation at this point is pointless. It is good CDPR is getting more feedback for their last few months of polishing, but nothing constructive will come out of debates like this.

I have it pre-ordered on two platforms because I am neither smart nor give a rip how this game reviews. I trust CDPR to make a great game and if it ends up being sheit, then it will be no one else's fault but my own. I'll take that gamble... because this game won't be sheit. We all know it.

Back