Cyberpunk 2077

Eh, it's not the best game ever by any means. Witcher 3 is just better in every way, period. Yes, the immersion in 2077 is amazing in some areas. However, that's really all it has. I think the main storyline missions are outstanding as well, but the rest of the open world is just underdeveloped fluff, really. The game doesn't have the cool monster hunts like in Witcher 3, etc..

The side missions are great and some of the character arcs for various NPC's are amazing. Unfortunately, once they are done they are basically forgotten. That's something else that CDPR didn't do a good job with. And for all this branching quest nonsense, you get far more game variability out of Mass Effect 1-3 than you do with Cyberpunk 2077. But again, there are some basics like the police system, fire not spreading, car tires not deflating when shot, and stuff like that not working that are egregiously bad. Literally every other open world game set in an urban environment made in the last ten years has these things.

I like the game quite a bit. I've logged about 450 hours in it. But, I wouldn't call it the greatest game ever because of all its issues. That's to say nothing about the additional features we were promised that didn't appear in the final version of the game.

The side missions are great and some of the character arcs for various NPC's are amazing. Unfortunately, once they are done they are basically forgotten. That's something else that CDPR didn't do a good job with. And for all this branching quest nonsense, you get far more game variability out of Mass Effect 1-3 than you do with Cyberpunk 2077. But again, there are some basics like the police system, fire not spreading, car tires not deflating when shot, and stuff like that not working that are egregiously bad. Literally every other open world game set in an urban environment made in the last ten years has these things.

I like the game quite a bit. I've logged about 450 hours in it. But, I wouldn't call it the greatest game ever because of all its issues. That's to say nothing about the additional features we were promised that didn't appear in the final version of the game.
I don't recall any really memorable side missions in this game. All of the yellow quests around the map are very forgettable outside of stuff connected to the main quest line. They provide marginal entertainment, but they don't come anywhere near some of the quests in Witcher 3, and/or those cool monster hunt quests.

I don't recall any really memorable side missions in this game. All of the yellow quests around the map are very forgettable outside of stuff connected to the main quest line. They provide marginal entertainment, but they don't come anywhere near some of the quests in Witcher 3, and/or those cool monster hunt quests.
I never played the Witcher 3. However, I do recall a few of the side quests and they can be memorable. There is one where a guy bought a cheap cybernetic penis upgrade that was recalled for safety reasons and you have to drive him to a ripper doc. The banter during the mission is hilarious. There are some others as well like the conspiracy involving the mayor's death and the guy running to replace him in an election. There is a whole mess of stuff surrounding that and all of it is outside the main quest lines.

I never played the Witcher 3. However, I do recall a few of the side quests and they can be memorable. There is one where a guy bought a cheap cybernetic penis upgrade that was recalled for safety reasons and you have to drive him to a ripper doc. The banter during the mission is hilarious. There are some others as well like the conspiracy involving the mayor's death and the guy running to replace him in an election. There is a whole mess of stuff surrounding that and all of it is outside the main quest lines.
You really ought to play it. The vast majority of optional content in Witcher 3 is as good as the main stuff, if not better.

the people that keep defending the game like it's the greatest thing ever (I'm not referring to you) are living in some alternate reality...no one has said that the game sucks or is terrible...most reviews give it a 7 or 7.5 which is perfectly fine...not everything has to be a 10 or a 0 (zero)...the defenders of the game want everyone to think the game is a 10 when it's not...there are tons of bugs and gameplay issues...it doesn't make the game bad it just makes it disappointing after the years of hype and CDPR's reputation

most people in this thread actually admit the game's shortcomings and issues...it's only 2-3 people who keep going off on anyone who makes a negative comment about the game or posts a funny article...I keep saying that it sounds like a 7.5 in terms of gameplay (in its current condition) and a 9.4 in terms of ray-tracing visuals...but gameplay always trumps graphics for me...and yes I trust certain review sites and members so I don't need to have played the game in order to make the decision to wait for a better price to buy...it's what normal rational people do...read reviews and make a purchase decision...only a total idiot buys every single game, TV, car, hardware component etc blindly without reading any reviews...that's the very definition of a fanboy
No, just no. You have been trying to prove since the release of the game that it is not worth buying. Nobody is saying it is perfect, but that it was well worth a purchase even at full price. I've got more out of it than any other games I purchased in 2020. So saying it's only worth $30 or less is completely off the rails nonsense.

It did underdeliver on some promises, but instead of focusing on what is not in it, I focus on what's actually in it, which is a lot more than most other games.

No, just no. You have been trying to prove since the release of the game that it is not worth buying. Nobody is saying it is perfect, but that it was well worth a purchase even at full price. I've got more out of it than any other games I purchased in 2020. So saying it's only worth $30 or less is completely off the rails nonsense.

It did underdeliver on some promises, but instead of focusing on what is not in it, I focus on what's actually in it, which is a lot more than most other games.

please don't make up lies to prove a point...if you can't make your point without exaggerating or lying then it means you don't really have a point...I've always said I plan on getting the game eventually once it gets in good enough shape along with a price I'm comfortable with...everyone has their own determination of value...you can't tell me or anyone else what you think they should pay for a game or when they should buy it...me waiting for bug fixes/performance/stability or a price drop is just as valid as someone who paid full price...if you paid full price and like the game then more power to you

you hate a lot of games but for some reason have taken up a crusade for CP2077...you like to sound edgy by liking games others have issues with and not liking popular games...my initial plan was to buy the game on Day 1 but I then decided to wait till I got an RTX card (I got a 3080 and built a new Zen 3 rig in the last week of January- need to update my sig)...once I waited and avoided the initial release hype it got easier to wait after hearing about all the issues

Last edited:
Game is not for you then. the graphics and animation is beyond good. It's down right great. Gameplay is fine; But that opinion differs from one person to the next.

I agree that the graphics are good, and the story is fine, but so much about this game screams "unfinished" or "cut content" that playing it is kind of sad.

And I don't agree the gameplay is fine. Gameplay consists of the exact same gunfight over and over and over. There is no variety at all. This could have been fixed by adding proper sneaking and stealth bits which were very possibly intended but got cut.

I wish we got to see this game as originally envisioned, and not with the huge amount of cuts.

Oh, and this game should never have been released on last-gen consoles. It's never going to work on those.

Gameplay consists of the exact same gunfight over and over and over. There is no variety at all. This could have been fixed by adding proper sneaking and stealth bits which were very possibly intended but got cut.
This really depended on how one approached the gameplay. I played it like a stealth game and could recognize the various side missions and parts of main missions that were designed for stealth first. Where the enemies were carefully positioned to be in line of sight of each other at specific intervals, leaving opportunities for taking out one by one (using distraction, quiet physical KOs, or hacking, which added some variety). Even the insta enemy alerts aren't all that different from other stealth action games (eg: MGSV, Dishonored).

Much of that would be missed if going for a more action-first approach. I'd agree that I would have loved to see more of it but it's definitely there and I'm glad for it since I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much without the stealth.

For once, I think we generally agree on this game. The only thing I will disagree with is the point about value as it might not be worth full price or even $30 to some people. I think those people are unrealistic, but that's my opinion. I do agree that in terms of content and time to complete the game all the way through, it does provide a lot of value because there is roughly 120 hours of game there. That's a hell of a lot more than you get with most games. It does have some replay value, although not as much as it should.
please don't make up lies to prove a point...if you can't make your point without exaggerating or lying then it means you don't really have a point...I've always said I plan on getting the game eventually once it gets in good enough shape along with a price I'm comfortable with...everyone has their own determination of value...you can't tell me or anyone else what you think they should pay for a game or when they should buy it...me waiting for bug fixes/performance/stability or a price drop is just as valid as someone who paid full price...if you paid full price and like the game then more power to you

you hate a lot of games but for some reason have taken up a crusade for CP2077...you like to sound edgy by liking games others have issues with and not liking popular games...my initial plan was to buy the game on Day 1 but I then decided to wait till I got an RTX card (I got a 3080 and built a new Zen 3 rig in the last week of January- need to update my sig)...once I waited and avoided the initial release hype it got easier to wait after hearing about all the issues
He's not lying. It's an opinion. Frankly, it's one that many of us share. And yes, we can tell you whatever you want if you want to split hairs. That's literally a reviewer's job. I do it all the time. Hell, I get paid to do just that. Whether or not you want to listen is another matter entirely. Value is subjective, but as far as the industry goes, assigning value does seem to have some objective standards. By most of those objective standards (game length, quality, replayability and other factors) it's worth at least $30. Yes, the game is flawed and even utterly broken in some aspects. If you want to wait a few years for the Enhanced Edition that's your business, but by most objective standards its disingenuous to say the game isn't worth $30. The Witcher 3 isn't my kind of game but based on the size of it and it's perceived quality, I'd conclude that it's probably worth $30 at the very least. If I'm being objective, my views on fantasy genre games and that franchise in particular don't factor in. I won't buy it (some how I actually already own it, and I'm not sure how that happened), but that doesn't mean that it's not worth the money. It's not worth the money to me as I won't play it, but I can see it has value.

Similarly, the now discontinued Bushmaster ACR rifles go for around $3,000+. I have the opportunity to buy one. I won't because I didn't want it when they cost just over $2,000. It's just not that good in my opinion. However, it's gone because Bushmaster is gone. I can see it's value even if it has far less value to me. As a collector's item, it's certainly worth the 3K as it's not going to ever get cheaper than it is right now. Even if production resumed on them, there could be perceived value for actual Bushmaster made guns vs. the ones produced later.
I agree that the graphics are good, and the story is fine, but so much about this game screams "unfinished" or "cut content" that playing it is kind of sad.

And I don't agree the gameplay is fine. Gameplay consists of the exact same gunfight over and over and over. There is no variety at all. This could have been fixed by adding proper sneaking and stealth bits which were very possibly intended but got cut.

I wish we got to see this game as originally envisioned, and not with the huge amount of cuts.

Oh, and this game should never have been released on last-gen consoles. It's never going to work on those.
I agree with the first part. The game has lots of small details that are missing or are otherwise under developed. If you look beyond the surface, the game is obviously incomplete. Bugged UI elements and other aspects of it scream this as well. However, I will disagree with the next part about the gameplay. As I've said, the basic design is good. Virtually all of the issues that exist with the combat boil down to balance issues with weapons, abilities, mods and cyberware. Many things are over powered and many are underpowered. Some items don't even work, but stealth combat is in there. It wasn't cut. You absolutely can cloak and sneek around or use Cyberware to take enemies out without firing a shot. You can also suppress a handgun and headshot people or break their necks and dispose of bodies without ever being seen. Does it work as well as it should? No, it doesn't but that's due to the afore-mentioned issues with balance.

The game's weapons, mods, etc. are in an alpha state. Even after all this time. I could get extremely specific here, but suffice it to say, the issues the game has now are egregious and arguably game breaking. However, they aren't insurmountable. Modders have already done a lot to resolve these issues and it wouldn't take CDPR too long to do the same if they'd actually do it.
This really depended on how one approached the gameplay. I played it like a stealth game and could recognize the various side missions and parts of main missions that were designed for stealth first. Where the enemies were carefully positioned to be in line of sight of each other at specific intervals, leaving opportunities for taking out one by one (using distraction, quiet physical KOs, or hacking, which added some variety). Even the insta enemy alerts aren't all that different from other stealth action games (eg: MGSV, Dishonored).

Much of that would be missed if going for a more action-first approach. I'd agree that I would have loved to see more of it but it's definitely there and I'm glad for it since I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much without the stealth.
There are several missions that actually require stealth. Or rather, you get bonuses if you complete them without being spotted. Some fixer's seem to prefer this over others. Padre for example doesn't give two shits if you massacre everyone while Regina prefers a more subtle approach most of the time. There are missions from others that can go either way. There are also cyberdeck abilities that can take enemies out of combat or make them forget they spotted you, etc.

By most of those objective standards (game length, quality, replayability and other factors) it's worth at least $30. Yes, the game is flawed and even utterly broken in some aspects. If you want to wait a few years for the Enhanced Edition that's your business, but by most objective standards its disingenuous to say the game isn't worth $30. The Witcher 3 isn't my kind of game but based on the size of it and it's perceived quality, I'd conclude that it's probably worth $30 at the very least. If I'm being objective, my views on fantasy genre games and that franchise in particular don't factor in. I won't buy it (some how I actually already own it, and I'm not sure how that happened), but that doesn't mean that it's not worth the money. It's not worth the money to me as I won't play it, but I can see it has value.

where did I say the game wasn't worth $30?...that's what I mean by misquoting me...if you're going to mention things I said then do it accurately...here's a quote from last month in this thread where I mentioned hoping that it drops to ~$30 during the recently concluded Steam Summer Sale...

https://hardforum.com/threads/cyber...ieres-june-25.1998205/page-72#post-1045051761

I know your ignoring me, but I proved time and again (and the proof is pages back in this threat) that you jumped in anytime someone said they enjoyed the game to dump all over it and state how in your opinion its terribly broken.

That is why I started posting to you, shut up, everyone knows, we enjoy it anyway, maybe oneday you'll try it yourself. here you are months later still hammering on the same thing but ignoring me because your a beotch.

I know your ignoring me, but I proved time and again (and the proof is pages back in this threat) that you jumped in anytime someone said they enjoyed the game to dump all over it and state how in your opinion its terribly broken.

posting an article from PC Gamer is not 'jumping in'...it's an article, call the editor if you have a problem with them...and for the millionth time I've said the game looks to be a 7- 7.5, if you think that is somehow a terrible score and means total hate then that's your problem...I can show you my posts from months ago which say the same thing...you just talk in hyperbole and exaggerations without any facts...your biggest issue is that you don't understand the concept of waiting to play a game...nothing is wrong with waiting for a few patches or even price drops...nothing is wrong with not buying a game on Day 1

any negative comments from any gaming site or member here and you immediately take major offense to it like they killed your dog or you say that those reviews are lies or they never played the game and you need to play the game and only then have an opinion (which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard)

nothing is wrong with liking the game but choosing to ignore all dissenting opinions and making it seem like everyone is wrong or crazy but you is silly...you've already shown your lack of insight when you claimed that there would be no more bug fixes after the patch before last...I told you with 1000% certainty that there would definitely be more and not surprisingly I was right

posting an article from PC Gamer is not 'jumping in'...it's an article, call the editor if you have a problem with them...and for the millionth time I've said the game looks to be a 7- 7.5, if you think that is somehow a terrible score and means total hate then that's your problem...I can show you my posts from months ago which say the same thing...you just talk in hyperbole and exaggerations without any facts...your biggest issue is that you don't understand the concept of waiting to play a game...nothing is wrong with waiting for a few patches or even price drops...nothing is wrong with not buying a game on Day 1...any negative comments from any gaming site or member here and you immediately take major offense to it like they killed your dog or you say that those reviews are lies or they never played the game and you need to play the game and cannot form an opinion on it without playing (which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard)

nothing is wrong with liking the game but choosing to ignore all dissenting opinions and making it seem like everyone is wrong or crazy but you is silly...you've already shown your lack of insight when you claimed that there would be no more bug fixes after the patch before last...I told you with 1000% certainty that there would definitely be more and not surprisingly I was right

I never ignored dissenting opinions, just against your constant trolling, which you don't seem to understand at all. LITERALLY for pages everytime someone would say they liked the game you'd jump in with how broken it is (thus implying how wrong they are to like it). You do write your own head cannon.

So Enjoy being write that cdpr said they where done patching and moving on yet they clearly weren't, but that doesn't change a lick of what you where doing.

He's not lying. It's an opinion.
It's not even an opinion, it's as factual as you can get when judging a game's worth. I checked how many hours I've played it. And it comes out at 125 hours. The next game on the list that even comes close was Ghost Recon Breakpoint with 85 hours.

ignore all dissenting opinions and making it seem like everyone is wrong or crazy but you is silly...
literally what you've been doing for 7 months now non-stop. I've never seen anyone so dedicated to a cause. You are here to dogpile even when nobody is talking about the game, like linking the pcgamer article. And each time you re-iterate how right you were for not buying the game, implying that everyone who bought it at release is a fool. You cannot know if not buying the game was the right decision or not, you just hope it was. However everyone who bought it can decide for themselves if they got their money's worth.

It's not lying when I say I did get my money's worth multiple times over and I'm glad I didn't wait a single day to buy the game, as it is basically the same still. They haven't done any gameplay changes, haven't added new features, or even qol updates. Only bugfixes, and sneakily reducing draw distance to improve performance, which is a net negative imo. Yeah bugfixing is important, but with the amount of bugs I've encountered in January, if someone said they guarantee all those bugs will be fixed if I wait 6 months, I'd've laughed them out of the room and kept playing anyway. If they said wait a week and every bug will be squashed I might have taken them up on it.

literally what you've been doing for 7 months now non-stop. I've never seen anyone so dedicated to a cause. You are here to dogpile even when nobody is talking about the game, like linking the pcgamer article. And each time you re-iterate how right you were for not buying the game, implying that everyone who bought it at release is a fool. You cannot know if not buying the game was the right decision or not, you just hope it was. However everyone who bought it can decide for themselves if they got their money's worth.

It's not lying when I say I did get my money's worth multiple times over and I'm glad I didn't wait a single day to buy the game, as it is basically the same still. They haven't done any gameplay changes, haven't added new features, or even qol updates. Only bugfixes, and sneakily reducing draw distance to improve performance, which is a net negative imo. Yeah bugfixing is important, but with the amount of bugs I've encountered in January, if someone said they guarantee all those bugs will be fixed if I wait 6 months, I'd've laughed them out of the room and kept playing anyway. If they said wait a week and every bug will be squashed I might have taken them up on it.

you're doing the same thing except in reverse...this is a gaming forum, people are allowed to post their opinions on a game- positive and negative...the problem with some gamers is that they don't want to hear any negative opinions or they will rationalize every issue and bug and make it seem not that serious (CP2077 runs amazing on PC, it's only consoles that have issues lol)...if I had no interest in the game then posting in here would be silly but as I've said from the very beginning (go look at my posts in this thread) I was excited for this game pre-release and only after reviews started pouring in is when I decided to wait

and remember I said 'wait'...never that I was not ever going to buy the game...so in the mean time I'm keeping up with the news, patches etc to see if the game is in better shape so I can finally buy it...if not I will continue to wait...articles from sites like PC Gamer are useful tools...problem for some is that they are not hyping the game up as some want them to...I can literally choose among half a dozen trustworthy sites and they will say the same thing...most people in this thread are impartial and giving honest impressions about the bugs and other issues (police, life paths being useless etc)...it's only a few that are hardline crazies

CDPR has a history with the Witcher games of releasing Enhanced Editions so maybe the same thing will happen with CP2077...either way I'll decide when I want to buy the game

It's not even an opinion, it's as factual as you can get when judging a game's worth. I checked how many hours I've played it. And it comes out at 125 hours. The next game on the list that even comes close was Ghost Recon Breakpoint with 85 hours.
To be perfectly clear, we would have to really agree on objective standards to determine a game's worth. If game length is the only metric to judge, or visuals, etc. Cyberpunk 2077 would easily be worth as much as any game ever made. That being said, on the gameplay and quality fronts it definitely takes a hit. I can certainly understand the desire to hold off on buying it. Even waiting a year or more might be prudent if you have little tolerance for issues. That being said, I've played from the beginning but the only issues I've experienced have been minor outside of the obvious balance issues that plague every version of the game thus far. I'd certainly say it's worth more than $30. Objectively, I think that's true even if you don't want it. As I said, I can appreciate what the Witcher 3 has to offer and judge it to be worth the price even if the game itself isn't for me.

Completion is also not necessarily an objective standard to go by. Look at Star Citizen. There are people who argue they've got their money's worth out of the minimal $45 contribution from way back when. I'm not one of them. It's hard to argue that value is somewhat subjective, but I think most people would agree that the game length, visuals and gameplay design are all objective standards that determine a game's value. People will sit here and lie about a game's visuals not making any difference and there are certainly people like that, but people do not pay new game prices for last generation visuals. This is one of the key reasons why many indie games are as cheap as they are. Same with gameplay design and game length in most cases. A lot of times indie games are indie games because it's amateur hour in their studios.

To be perfectly clear, we would have to really agree on objective standards to determine a game's worth. If game length is the only metric to judge, or visuals, etc. Cyberpunk 2077 would easily be worth as much as any game ever made.
I'm not judging the length of the game, but how much I've got out of it. There were plenty of games I've purchased that I abandoned playing after a few hours without finishing them, so length doesn't matter when I judge those games worth.

That being said, on the gameplay and quality fronts it definitely takes a hit. I can certainly understand the desire to hold off on buying it. Even waiting a year or more might be prudent if you have little tolerance for issues. That being said, I've played from the beginning but the only issues I've experienced have been minor outside of the obvious balance issues that plague every version of the game thus far. I'd certainly say it's worth more than $30. Objectively, I think that's true even if you don't want it. As I said, I can appreciate what the Witcher 3 has to offer and judge it to be worth the price even if the game itself isn't for me.
You hit the nail on the head: "I'm not interested in buying sg" doesn't equal "it's not worth the asking price"
Completion is also not necessarily an objective standard to go by. Look at Star Citizen. There are people who argue they've got their money's worth out of the minimal $45 contribution from way back when. I'm not one of them. It's hard to argue that value is somewhat subjective, but I think most people would agree that the game length, visuals and gameplay design are all objective standards that determine a game's value.
You can determine it's worth to you after playing it. It doesn't mean it will be the same for everyone. If someone decided not to buy Cyberpunk 2077 when it came out, fair play to them, but spending the next 7 months trying to justify their decision is quite hilarious. If I decide not to buy a game I don't keep returning to its topic for 7 months dunking on it.
People will sit here and lie about a game's visuals not making any difference and there are certainly people like that, but people do not pay new game prices for last generation visuals. This is one of the key reasons why many indie games are as cheap as they are. Same with gameplay design and game length in most cases. A lot of times indie games are indie games because it's amateur hour in their studios.
I was always pretty clear about that. To me indie games are not interesting. Some might have some neat ideas, but I want the AAA experience, fully voiced conversations with talented voice actors and cutting edge graphics and animations. Even AA games usually leave me disappointed. Like Hellblade. The graphics was good but the gameplay was a very indie experience: Repetitive and basic, especially the combat, oh and it was short, but still managed to be boring at times.

I'm not judging the length of the game, but how much I've got out of it. There were plenty of games I've purchased that I abandoned playing after a few hours without finishing them, so length doesn't matter when I judge those games worth.

You hit the nail on the head: "I'm not interested in buying sg" doesn't equal "it's not worth the asking price"

You can determine it's worth to you after playing it. It doesn't mean it will be the same for everyone. If someone decided not to buy Cyberpunk 2077 when it came out, fair play to them, but spending the next 7 months trying to justify their decision is quite hilarious. If I decide not to buy a game I don't keep returning to its topic for 7 months dunking on it.

I was always pretty clear about that. To me indie games are not interesting. Some might have some neat ideas, but I want the AAA experience, fully voiced conversations with talented voice actors and cutting edge graphics and animations. Even AA games usually leave me disappointed. Like Hellblade. The graphics was good but the gameplay was a very indie experience: Repetitive and basic, especially the combat, oh and it was short, but still managed to be boring at times.
I think the length of a game matters. People always complain when a game is too short and that's not really a complaint that you can leverage against Cyberpunk. If a game is too short then that definitely brings its value into question. Yes, there is something to the subjective standard of what you get out of a game but I'm talking about what could be considered objective standards for a game's value rather than subjective ones. There will always be a subjective slant to all aspects of a game but, I think most people would agree that a 4 hour game is worth less than a 120 hour one assuming everything else is equal.

I think the length of a game matters. People always complain when a game is too short and that's not really a complaint that you can leverage against Cyberpunk. If a game is too short then that definitely brings its value into question. Yes, there is something to the subjective standard of what you get out of a game but I'm talking about what could be considered objective standards for a game's value rather than subjective ones. There will always be a subjective slant to all aspects of a game but, I think most people would agree that a 4 hour game is worth less than a 120 hour one assuming everything else is equal.
Yeah, agreed. It's why I refuse to buy the newer CoD's if it were for just the singleplayer. I'm not paying $60 for 4-6 hours tops of gameplay. No way. I don't care how good those 6 hours are. I'd rather just spend more time playing through Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc. again at that point.

Therapist: "Show me on the screen where Cyberpunk 2077 hurt you.. "
In all seriousness, Cyberpunk 2077 seems to have deeply hurt some people who were disappointed with it. At the end of the day it's just a fucking game but there were a lot of death threats sent to the developers when it was delayed the second or third time. After it launched, some people were absolutely disgusted with it's quality or lack thereof. Six months later, the game is still deeply flawed. Don't get me wrong, they've corrected most of the game breaking issues but it's still largely incomplete in many respects.

Wow lol, taco must look that up!!

It's one of the random yellow exclamation points on the map. The quest is called "Burning Desire." It's located in Watson's "Little China" district. Take a fast car you can drive well. You will contend with tons of traffic lights and cars blocking your path. It's a timed quest so be careful. Save before you talk to the guy.

again you're going off on your own rant and totally missing the point...people are interested in playing CP2077...just because you don't buy a game on Day 1 doesn't mean you will never play it...you yourself play lots of games years later...and I've literally stated that I've always wanted to play this but only backed off after hearing the reports...and again as I've said about multiple games- your first time through a game will be the best one as it's your first time experiencing everything so I want it to be the best it can be (that doesn't mean a perfect experience as later patches will make the game even better)...subsequent playthroughs will never be the same as your initial time playing it...I waited until Horizon Zero Dawn was fully patched and have zero regrets (same with multiple games)

people keep posting in a thread they haven't played in because they are keeping up with the latest patches, performance improvements, DLC etc...you won't quote this entire post and will instead cherry pick one or two words to continue to argue but these are the facts...don't get so worked up over a video game...

One thing I haven't brought up is the mod community. There are a lot of mods that address the game's shortcomings and its many of those mods that keep me coming back and playing the game well after I had completed it.

again you're going off on your own rant and totally missing the point...people are interested in playing CP2077...just because you don't buy a game on Day 1 doesn't mean you will never play it...you yourself play lots of games years later...and I've literally stated that I've always wanted to play this but only backed off after hearing the reports...
You trust third party hearsay and memes more than actual player experience. So I don't understand why do you keep coming back to the topics about the game if you don't listen to anyone who actually played it and had a good experience. If you were going to play it I'd expect that you'd be hopeful and optimistic to see people enjoying it, instead of arguing with them.

There were various reasons for me putting off the playing of games, and none of it involved the "internet consensus" Heck if the internet hates on a game nowadays I take it as a sign that it might be worth playing. As the internet consensus is just followers blindly parrotting what influencers say, who may or may not have played the game themselves, and even when they did, they'd rather play into confirmation bias for clicks than offer honest opinions.
and again as I've said about multiple games- your first time through a game will be the best one as it's your first time experiencing everything so I want it to be the best it can be (that doesn't mean a perfect experience as later patches will make the game even better)...subsequent playthroughs will never be the same as your initial time playing it...I waited until Horizon Zero Dawn was fully patched and have zero regrets (same with multiple games)
I'm sorry but you are not presenting yourself as someone who is hopeful that the game will be better, instead you try to rub the nose of actual players into things floating around the tubes about the game, like now the memes about things that are not actually in the game.
people keep posting in a thread they haven't played in because they are keeping up with the latest patches, performance improvements, DLC etc...you won't quote this entire post and will instead cherry pick one or two words to continue to argue but these are the facts...
Well that is exactly your problem, instead of just posting in the topic you might want to read and actually consider first hand player experience even if it contradicts the famous internet consensus.
don't get so worked up over a video game...
Do I look worked up to you?

You trust third party hearsay and memes more than actual player experience. So I don't understand why do you keep coming back to the topics about the game if you don't listen to anyone who actually played it and had a good experience. If you were going to play it I'd expect that you'd be hopeful and optimistic to see people enjoying it, instead of arguing with them.

you're saying to trust players who have played the game...that's exactly what I'm doing...people I trust, review sites I trust...what you are trying to say is- only trust me and the few others who are saying the game is bug free and amazing...don't trust anyone who says the game has any bugs or is an incomplete game or just plain disappointing compared to the hype...only trust me...anyone who says anything negative about the game hasn't played it or is lying

do you even realize how insane that sounds?...and the really ironic part is that you're the guy who hates 75% of games and all of a sudden CP2077 has made you all cheery and happy...again stop trying to be edgy or go against the grain because you think you need to do that to maintain your shtick

Mate, but why stupid? Either side mates are just faithful supporters of there ideas.

If you don't know why spending countless hours, even months after the game has been released arguing back and forth is stupid I don't know how to dumb it down enough to explain it.

I guess you could call it a side quest with countless hours for no gain on either side. But hey I'm just here for the lutz. Carry on!

Stupid is telling others to play on Day 1 and not wait for patches, performance improvements, gameplay additions, price drops...a person doesn't even need to give a valid reason...if someone wants to wait then more power to them...

I think the length of a game matters. People always complain when a game is too short and that's not really a complaint that you can leverage against Cyberpunk. There will always be a subjective slant to all aspects of a game but, I think most people would agree that a 4 hour game is worth less than a 120 hour one assuming everything else is equal.
It's interesting when I think about something like Resident Evil Village.

REV is a very linear (literal corridor-style level design despite appearances, locked progression) but concise game that's polished and enjoyable and importantly hits the right beats throughout, though one can see just how short it is on a second playthrough (can be beaten in 2-3 hours, it's even required for some in-game currency) and how various sections only really work best on a first playthrough.

Received near-universal praise, though there are some occasional performance hiccups. Clearly players can embrace concise games if that's the expectation going in, though it's challenging to deliver the same density of enjoyment for vast open world style games. It's kind of a miracle they managed to hit the right notes with so many players with The Witcher 3.

literally what you've been doing for 7 months now non-stop.

Exactly. At this point we get it, he doesn't want to play the game currently. Fine. But he keeps reiterating it in many posts.

Personally if I didn't already play it, I'd just wait another 6-8 months for the first major DLC and play it all together. That is my preference. Do the main game and then DLC. My biggest disappointment currently with updates is story expansions/DLC seems like it will come early 2022 at the soonest. Will be a long time until I can continue the journey in Cyberpunk's world.

Exactly. At this point we get it, he doesn't want to play the game currently. Fine. But he keeps reiterating it in many posts...

when people make nonsensical comments things need to be explained...like this one:

M76: "I'm glad I didn't wait a single day to buy the game, as it is basically the same still. They haven't done any gameplay changes, haven't added new features, or even qol updates. Only bugfixes, and sneakily reducing draw distance to improve performance, which is a net negative imo"

the guy is trying to rationalize why playing it on Day 1 was the better experience...according to him waiting actually hurt the overall game lol...I mean seriously??...fanboys rationalize the bugs away by saying they didn't see any of them, they rationalize the Day 1 experience by implying that CDPR later downgraded the game visually etc...and yes by the way they did make gameplay changes (police response)...and 'only bug fixes'- they literally have fixed 1000+ bugs to this point

this is your video gamer in 2021 ladies and gentleman!...play the game and enjoy it on Day 1 or Day 101 but when people make absolutely bonkers fanboy statements it needs to be rebutted as they give the overall gaming community a bad name...I've bought lots of games on Day 1...some I loved and some I didn't (I loved the asymmetrical MP game Evolve)...'when' you buy a game is irrelevant as long as you are honest with yourself about its faults

Last edited:
Back