Cyberpunk 2077

Let's be realistic here, I don't expect any significant change for months, maybe by the time the first DLC drops, which will probably be dalayed until fall 2021, the other being pushed into 2022.

Downloading patch on PS4 now. I want to see if there are any performance improvements.

Didn't see anything in the notes that looks relevant to PC, but at least they are pushing updates.

Didn't see anything in the notes that looks relevant to PC, but at least they are pushing updates.

PC-specific

-It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
-Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards

This... was not a significant patch, that much is clear.

Yeah I was about to say, if it's only what is in the patch notes, this is just another hotfix. Where is the fix for not being able to pick up certain items? Where is the fix for T-posing NPCs?

Yeah I was about to say, if it's only what is in the patch notes, this is just another hotfix. Where is the fix for not being able to pick up certain items? Where is the fix for T-posing NPCs?

The not picking up what your crosshair is on is super annoying. How do you screw that up

Just played on PS4 for 30 minutes. Didn't notice any big performance difference, but it also didn't crash so that's good.

It has a lot of various crash fixes and performance fixes. Those are pretty big fixes to me. I'm not sure how much better it will be on consoles, but sounds like they will need to wait until February still. Unless those few performance related things were the big offenders on consoles.

I thought driving in the city seemed smoother on PS4 but it might be placebo. Definitely looked like 30 fps at best, it wasn't a huge improvement.

I just picked up skippy at level 50. How does he compare at this level to if I picked him up before level 50?

Attachments

• 9584FEE5-A5AD-46E6-BF3E-A05393951616.jpeg
    9584FEE5-A5AD-46E6-BF3E-A05393951616.jpeg
    687.6 KB · Views: 0
Supposedly it levels with you, but it seems to only ever be "Epic" quality for some reason.

Skippy does scale with your level. You can also make Skippy a legendary item via console command or a save editor. However, it breaks it as a quest item which is what Skippy is.

Skippy does scale with your level. You can also make Skippy a legendary item via console command or a save editor. However, it breaks it as a quest item which is what Skippy is.
In my playthrough I found late-game it didn't scale well compared to other weapons (its DPS increase seemed to subdue), apart from the fact its
auto headshot mode disables itself after a mere 50 enemies killed
, which is its only advantage over other smart weapons by the end.

In my playthrough I found late-game it didn't scale well compared to other weapons (its DPS increase seemed to subdue), apart from the fact its

Actually, what it does is switch modes after 50ish kills, so whatever you chose at the start, it will be permanently stuck at the opposite eventually.

Yeah, the trick to Skippy is to select Puppy Loving Pacifist (or whatever its called) to start so that it locks to headshot mode after the 50 kills.

Since my one quest wasn't fixed, I just went ahead and did the final quest to complete the game. Pretty satisfying final mission, honestly. I was pretty damn powerful, but the enemies did manage to do some damage along the way. I went for the "secret" ending and was happy with how things ended up, too.
I think I'm done for the moment. I had a good time, but I'm in no rush to play again since I did so much of the side shit. I'd say it's a solid 7.5/10 as-is. Loads and loads of little bugs, but nothing that made me not want to keep playing.

The zenmaster quests are crap.
Can’t move the mouse. Have to listen to the voodoo dialogue at like 50% speed.
Who programmed those things? I’m on the fourth one and I just pick up my phone every time. Waste of time.

I gotta say as I try to complete the game and do every quest — some of the luster is defiantly wearing off. Cops falling from the sky, cars falling from the sky, trash suspended in air all OVER the place (remember when CD Projekt Red said EVERY SINGLE garbage bag was painstakingly placed? -- then why the hell is stuff floating everywhere in the dump for instance?)
I waited my whole game to pick up Skippy because I didn't use level up crafting and I wanted to make Skippy be the highest level it could be. (hoping it would be a legendary when I picked it up at 50 -- it wasn't - just epic, but I choose puppy loving pacifist. I've played for four hours using that gun and it never switched to headshot mode.

argggghhhhh stupid bugs....

I completed the game a couple days ago, and clicked that I wanted to do one more gig, to finish up all the quests. I lost my legendary bonuses from beating the game and it reloaded me as if I hadn't completed the game. Now I'm still having the relic distortions with Johnny Silverhand, and he still appears and talks with me for some of these remaining quests - even though Johnny Silverhand went with alt in my ending. That seems like an oversight...Also yes - the last quest becomes unfinished again.

Really, I think as I neared the end of the game, post story and trying to wrap up ever mission you do find the game is increasingly unfinished. I still like the game - but yeah - luster is wearing off at this point for sure. Probably will just hang it up soon. I THINK I've been just about every quest except the rides and a couple bugged out things that I can't tackle.

Can't complain. I've got like 110 hours in my playthrough. $60 for 110 hours is dirt cheap entertainment.

1.6 million eddies and nothing to spend it on if I don't try to complete the ride quests. My character just MELTs baddies. When I fought Adam Smasher, He has three stages I read, but my character is so powerful my divided we stand riffle just melted him in one clip. He was on the last stage and superslow and easy to kill after one clip, and I finished him off with my Overwatch riffle with one shot. I am just on normal difficulty from the beginning and never changed it.

BTW, lol, here's a sidequest I'm on right now, I think the last one I can still do marked on the map anyway. These are my options -- which option would you take? ha.

1611433293812.png

Last edited:
The zenmaster quests are crap.

Can’t move the mouse. Have to listen to the voodoo dialogue at like 50% speed.
Who programmed those things? I’m on the fourth one and I just pick up my phone every time. Waste of time.

I just spam C, can't be bothered. Goes real quick.

I gotta say as I try to complete the game and do every quest — some of the luster is defiantly wearing off. Cops falling from the sky, cars falling from the sky, trash suspended in air all OVER the place (remember when CD Projekt Red said EVERY SINGLE garbage bag was painstakingly placed? -- then why the hell is stuff floating everywhere in the dump for instance?)
I waited my whole game to pick up Skippy because I didn't use level up crafting and I wanted to make Skippy be the highest level it could be. (hoping it would be a legendary when I picked it up at 50 -- it wasn't - just epic, but I choose puppy loving pacifist. I've played for four hours using that gun and it never switched to headshot mode.

argggghhhhh STUPID BUGs.

Make sure you're actually getting kills with it, in Pacifist mode it'll leave people alive. Walk up to them and actually kill them once their on the ground.
I can't do the talking vending machine quest because it's bugged out. I completed the game a couple days ago, and clicked that I wanted to do one more gig, to finish up all the quests. I lost my bonuses from beating the game and it reloaded me as if I hadn't completed the game. Now I'm still having the relic distortions with Johnny Silverhand -- even though Johnny Silverhand went with alt in my ending. I mean - the game is increasingly unfinished once you get to end game and it really shows. I still like the game - but yeah - luster is wearing off for sure. Probably will just hang it up soon. Can't complain. I've got like 110 hours in my playthrough. $60 for 110 hours is dirt cheap entertainment.

That's expected. Once you complete the main story it essentially loads you back to right before. I thought this was pretty common with large open world games?
BTW, here's a sidequest I'm on right now. These are my options -- which option would you do?

Uhh, I think I picked "Remove chip".

Yeah, the trick to Skippy is to select Puppy Loving Pacifist (or whatever its called) to start so that it locks to headshot mode after the 50 kills.

Actually, what it does is switch modes after 50ish kills, so whatever you chose at the start, it will be permanently stuck at the opposite eventually.

Oh snap. This is the only time I've read this anywhere. Interesting.

Oh snap. This is the only time I've read this anywhere. Interesting.

There are a lot of articles about it. It's kind of spoiler-y, but it's also one of those things where if I got it permanently set to the one I didn't want, it would really piss me off.

I discovered the reason I couldn't get Skippy to switch in a Reddit thread. I had the legendary Short Circuit chip active, and it has a passive trait of applying short circuit everytime a crit is hit and it's non-lethal. I took that Short Circuit legendary out of rotation on my character and and got my 50 kills straight away.

Sadly I don't think Skippy is as good for me as some of my other pistols. I was thinking it would be the best. I actually prefer a smart shotgun to Skippy. It may be bugged, but I've noticed that single shot smart weapons like Skippy don't always target right. Wit the Smart Shotgun it's instakill regardless.

My favorite weapon loadout so far is
1)Iconic Epic Lizzy (can't get legendary)
2)Legendary Carnage Shotgun with 8 Crunch modifications (I haven't found the Iconic Carnage Shotgun variant yet) -- or Iconic Divided We Stand
3)Iconic Epic Overwatch (can't get legendary)
4) Monowire or Mantis Blades.

Last edited:
Skippy is really good, but gimmicky and not the best damage. But it's certainly a fun gun. At the end of the day, play with what feels fun.

All the stuff with River ended up being much more rewarding than I thought it would be initially. Definitely up there with my favorite story lines.

I've played for 159 hours and I just realized you can buy cyberware mods from ripper docs.

When you get to the screen with all the cyber upgrades, click on trade on the top and they sell mods.

Totally changes things in a good way. Some of those mods are pretty substantial.

I've played for 159 hours and I just realized you can buy cyberware mods from ripper docs.

When you get to the screen with all the cyber upgrades, click on trade on the top and they sell mods.

Totally changes things in a good way. Some of those mods are pretty substantial.
LOL...I figured that out fairly early on, but I agree, the game doesn't do a good job of telling you it's there, or relevant.

It sounds like not only did the 1.1 patch do barely anything, it actually introduced some new game-breaking bugs... :grumpy:

Seems like pop in got worse with the patch. Found some new stuck still in the air in the city. Maybe they were there before. Saw some very bad ghosting while riding along in a car. Never saw any notable ghosting and I played 90% of the game with DLSS Balanced before this patch. Suppose it depends on your set up and platform, but patch seems like it brought a couple of other issues for me. Maybe it fixed some of the ones I experienced though.

Finished another ending. Fairly different but same general outcome, which I assumed was the case. Couldn't hold my interest though. Suppose now that I am done with the main story it will be hard to play if further until good story DLC comes. Story was just too simplistic (IMO) for me to really care much.

There are lots of things like this that I discovered after playing the game for a long, long time. Some are minor things, while others were huge. I'm not sure if that's good or if the UI should have made things more obvious all along.

There are still plenty of things I never did find, though. I don't think I ever found any Immune System mods at any ripperdocs. Is there a legendary Ocular System anywhere? Are there only like 4-5 ocular system mods...and all but one are green and blue? Is that square between Intelligence and Cool just a placeholder? Stuff like that. I couldn't tell if some things didn't have primo versions, if they're bugged, if they're coming in the DLC, etc.

Yeah, I'm definitely noticing more things on the second playthrough. It's more fun too now that I know how everything works.

Looks like cops spawning in your face hasn't been fixed yet.
I really dont understand the cop thing. If you stand around them you are perceived as a threat and they shoot you? Is there a point to them? Is there a benefit to killing them I dont know about?

I really dont understand the cop thing. If you stand around them you are perceived as a threat and they shoot you? Is there a point to them? Is there a benefit to killing them I dont know about?
Their point is to keep you from doing random acts of violence. What else? They keep you in line. Not everything in the game has to benefit the player. Au contraire, if everything was put there for the player's benefit it wouldn't be a very convincing world. They only percieve you as a threat if you enter locked down crime scenes, or if you hurt civilians, or say carry around a body.

Cops are one of the things I would consider to be broken in cp2077. V is literally hired by the police to do work - which at least implies s/he isn’t a known criminal with a wanted record - cops want you to bail them out in combat in random encounters on the map, and yet literally every cop will shoot you on sight. There should be way more way better cop interaction than that.

If cops hate you there should be a reason for it, far more than because I was standing there as a bystander. It would be one thing if they were doing so because of criminal acitivity that you’re doing (which they also do), but they also will kill you for no reason at all even if you’re helping them.

At minimum there should be a police rep system (whether visible or invisible) that should prevent this from happening. I actually find all police interaction in the game to be immersion breaking. There are literally quests where you’re sent in to steal something as an example on Tiger Claw turf - and every tiger claw won’t necessarily attack you on sight unless you’re caught in an area you’re not supposed to be - so that tells me at least CDPR knows how to have interactions in the game be more than just have everyone of a specific class or type agro you. But again for some reason all the cops are broken.

Back