Cyberpunk 2077

Has anyone tried the GitHub CyberEngineTweaks utility? I'm not interested in the cheats (although a teleport could be useful for getting out of the one-way areas while exploring), but my 1080ti could probably use some of the other features...
I use it. Helps with minimum framerates with my setup (3900X, 1080Ti) but not much else.

Why is it that you find literally hundreds of green MaxDoc inhalers but I've literally only found one blue after 50-some hours?

I have tons and tons of items that I barely need/use. I took one of the perks that makes your health regen out of combat so the only times I even need to heal are flukish emergencies. Usually an explosion. The food and drink items remind me of Red Dead 2. There are dozens of different items, but they basically all do one of 2-3 things. The game should just sort them into a couple piles for the sake of simplicity. I get that they add a little life to the world, but an index of different product names would alleviate that.

I have tons and tons of items that I barely need/use. I took one of the perks that makes your health regen out of combat so the only times I even need to heal are flukish emergencies. Usually an explosion. The food and drink items remind me of Red Dead 2. There are dozens of different items, but they basically all do one of 2-3 things. The game should just sort them into a couple piles for the sake of simplicity. I get that they add a little life to the world, but an index of different product names would alleviate that.
1000% agree with the variety of consumables. They really need to simplify that.

For some reason the Perk in the Crafting tree that returns the mod to your inventory when replaced, only seems to work on Weapons. I noticed none of my Armadillo mods coming back when I replaced them with higher level versions. There are so many bugged Perks at the moment however, who can say if that is as designed or not.

--

With 160+ hours in I am finally starting the Point of no return mission. Obviously I did not rush through. In fact there were times I just road out into the wasteland to see what I might find. I have a few blue missions left on the map, but I was getting eager to wrap up my first run. Here is my build going in:

View attachment 314166
Mostly Netrunner, high Crit non-lethal build. Haven't used a weapon in probably 50 hrs or gameplay. That will be for my second run.

View attachment 314167
Went all in on Crafting. Was fairly disappointed unfortunately. A lot of perks are bugged, and the amount of Legendary recipes (clothing specifically) in the game at launch was a let down for me. The potential is certainly there, but needs more Dev time imo.

View attachment 314169

The Corpo Suit was the first Legendary set I found, so I stuck with it. I have a ton of others now, but I was hoping to Craft my own. There are perks in the Skill tree that give extra Armor for Clothes, and Damage for weapons that are Crafted. Unfortunately, there are next to no Iconic clothing, and precious few Legendary recipes. I know this will change in time, so for now its fine. It is not like the game is balanced enough to not become a complete cakewalk by the end at the moment anyway. In time I'm sure this will get fleshed out more.

Planning to stick with Panam and complete my Nomad playthrough as pure as possible. More once I finish.
I need that hat. Where did you get it?

I don’t even use consumables, I just sell or deconstruct them.

Yeah I assume it's there to add flavor (pun intended), and admittedly some of the items are funny, but there is no reason to have like 50+ food items that all do the exact same thing cluttering up my inventory. I do use them occasionally to top off my health while running around, but there is no reason to have that many unless they are going to have different effects.

With the current build is the user CPU performance fix still not standard in the game?

V1.07 is coming next week apparently.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I've used cybertweak for my second character, corpo, tech, hacker, cheated in some starting eddies but that has been it.

Everything was so easy at 43 on normal I just ended it. Here is my nomad, no cheats for him.
Started with focus on assault rifles and moved to sneaking around sniping everyone before ending up with the smart sub machine gun.
It rips through everything.

1609364076397.png

1609364252491.png

If I were to start over I'd probably do some Sandevistan shit with rifles/shotguns/SMGs. Going stealth sniper/smartguns/silenced revolvers is too easy, especially with high-level quickhacks.

Can you still run the unofficial fix with V1.06?
I've been running it with 1.06.

It seems to balance the load over more threads with the fix, even on 1.06. I don't notice any other changes and I've looked for em. Async Compute doesn't seem to change anything in my testing.

The game absolutely maxes out my 1080Ti though.

I'm closing in on my annihilation shotgun build. I'm using a crafted headsman legendary shotgun with four damage mods and it's over 2k dps with me at level 43 now, I think. I've got just the final perk to get otherwise the whole annihilation perk tree is gold.

It fucking shreds

I've been running it with 1.06.

It seems to balance the load over more threads with the fix, even on 1.06. I don't notice any other changes and I've looked for em. Async Compute doesn't seem to change anything in my testing.

The game absolutely maxes out my 1080Ti though.

What resolution?

What resolution?
1440p.
Monitor goes to 165hz but with my settings the game stays around 50fps.

No DLSS (obviously) and I also play without FidelityFX. With the way that this game handles SSR and TAA the FidelityFX upscaling just left these super annoying shadow trails after everything and it really annoyed me.

I tried it on my 4k60 monitor and it was sub 30fps and tearing like crazy and nope.

I was complaining about the lack of Legendary quickhacks, but all of a sudden I got a whole bunch in a short span of time, from access points. Not sure why, maybe once you hit a certain level they start to flood you, who knows.

Legendary Ping is way OP.

Legendary Ping is way OP.
I'm honestly tempted to call it a fun ender because it's so broken with strong hacks.

I realized I was barely even playing the game. I'd just drive up to shit in my car and quickhack the entire building to death in 30 seconds, without even having to get out.

It is absolutely the most smooth brain way to play.

Loving this game (despite the periodic bugs), but I absolutely hate the way every piece of clothing/armor makes my character looks like he's an extra in a low-budget Vin Diesel movie.

Stuck. I'm doing the DREAM ON quest. I have an alert to 'follow the cables', in the hidden room in the Penthouse. I follow them to roof top door, I've already scanned the transmitter on the roof, but the alert for 'follow the cables' never goes away. I'm stumped. The cables are only in the hidden room and the roof. Am I missing something?

Stuck. I'm doing the DREAM ON quest. I have an alert to 'follow the cables', in the hidden room in the Penthouse. I follow them to roof top door, I've already scanned the transmitter on the roof, but the alert for 'follow the cables' never goes away. I'm stumped. The cables are only in the hidden room and the roof. Am I missing something?

I had this too. So long as you've scanned the terminal in the hidden room, talked to the wife about it and "Follow the Cables" is the only objective you have left, you can go ahead and leave the building. The quest will clear eventually... at least it did for me.

I had this too. So long as you've scanned the terminal in the hidden room, talked to the wife about it and "Follow the Cables" is the only objective you have left, you can go ahead and leave the building. The quest will clear eventually... at least it did for me.
Right. But I have no prompt to find the source outside the building.
EDIT: I had to 'cheat' and look on YT to see where the truck was because the game would not show me. Very glitchy quest for me.

Last edited:
Right. But I have no prompt to find the source outside the building.
EDIT: I had to 'cheat' and look on YT to see where the truck was because the game would not show me. Very glitchy quest for me.
Truck that you need to scan is indeed small, but it was there for me. There's a note nearby that tells you it's in the direct line of site from where the antenna is pointing and it's indeed right there in the distance.

Truck that you need to scan is indeed small, but it was there for me. There's a note nearby that tells you it's in the direct line of site from where the antenna is pointing and it's indeed right there in the distance.
Yeah. But my quest would not move from 'follow the wires' or whatever it was, so when I went outside the building there was no 'marker' or path to it. It kept saying 'follow the wires'. Even up to the end of the quest it said that.

I've finally gotten access to the high level quickhacks like Suicide, Detonate Grenade, and Cyberpsycho. They're definitely amusing on lower-level enemies. The highest level enemies basically just eat 'em like normal damage, though.
When I started the game I never figured I'd be playing this way, but I'm basically a stealth "magic user" and constantly using quickhacks. It's surprisingly fun and totally opposite of how I play most games. Normally I play the equivalent of Zangief in everything.

I ended up restarting that one and doing the other things (find the hidden room, scan the strange computer, etc.) BEFORE scanning the cables and the transmitter - that worked for me. It was like they designed the quest to be done in a specific order, but they allowed you to do it out of order and it breaks the quest.

I ended up restarting that one and doing the other things (find the hidden room, scan the strange computer, etc.) BEFORE scanning the cables and the transmitter - that worked for me. It was like they designed the quest to be done in a specific order, but they allowed you to do it out of order and it breaks the quest.
Exactly.

I was able to solve it in a weird order, but the prompts don't reflect what you're doing. It would tell me to follow the cables, but then I spotted the van. It then wanted me to talk to the hostess, but that's when I was able to find the hidden room. Luckily it didn't break.
One of River's quests similarly had a borked set of AI prompts. It kept telling me to find an entrance to a certain club at least 4 quests past when I actually did that. The map wouldn't show me where anything else was, but I could look at the ?'s and see where I needed to go. Luckily it still let me complete the quest as a whole, so that eventually resolved itself.

I launched it today for the first time...couldn't use my regular key bindings because of...no idea.

Had to google it to figure out that CDPR fucked up...again...

Now I have to go into the directory and manually edit my config. It's like they don't actually want people to play the game.

I launched it today for the first time...couldn't use my regular key bindings because of...no idea.

Had to google it to figure out that CDPR fucked up...again...

Now I have to go into the directory and manually edit my config. It's like they don't actually want people to play the game.
Are you doing custom binds by editing that file in the game dir? If so you should know you ALWAYS need to make a back up to replace it again if you need to. Any Steam game that you modify has a risk of changing modified files back to original if updates happen or Steam verifies your installation.

Are you doing custom binds by editing that file in the game dir? If so you should know you ALWAYS need to make a back up to replace it again if you need to. Any Steam game that you modify has a risk of changing modified files back to original if updates happen or Steam verifies your installation.

https://www.gosunoob.com/cyberpunk-2077/rebind-controls-change-keybinds/

I guess the root of the issue is that they don't give you the option to rebind all the actions. So they won't let you bind certain keys because they are "other" actions that aren't in the key bind section. I'm a ESDF player instead of a WASD player. "F" is one of the permabound keys to something else you can't change.

I guess the root of the issue is that they don't give you the option to rebind all the actions. So they won't let you bind certain keys because they are "other" actions that aren't in the key bind section. I'm a ESDF player instead of a WASD player. "F" is one of the permabound keys to something else you can't change.
Believe me, I understand. I'm a lefty who uses arrow keys for movement etc and you can't rebind them to ANYTHING. I too have to modify that file. What I'm saying is, don't blame anyone for not backing up that file. When you modify stock game files that are part of the Steam payload for the game, they can and will revert to default. So just keep a copy of that file on hand in case it ever reverts, then just copy and paste it back in if it does.

Believe me, I understand. I'm a lefty who uses arrow keys for movement etc and you can't rebind them to ANYTHING. I too have to modify that file. What I'm saying is, don't blame anyone for not backing up that file. When you modify stock game files that are part of the Steam payload for the game, they can and will revert to default. So just keep a copy of that file on hand in case it ever reverts, then just copy and paste it back in if it does.

My bad. I should have read your post closer ;). Hopefully they address it in a new hotfix or something.

I had to edit the config files to remove that horrendous double tap dodge feature. I can understand how it might be useful for a melee build, but my god it sucks balls.

I am also a Lefty, but I use Numpad, with the arrow keys for sprint, crouch, dodge. I have had to look up the exact key name for this Engine so I could go into the initial files and replace every instance of F, C, R, Z & Alt with the keys I want. Then make a backup of the file (GOG), so if there is an update to the game, I don't have to go do it all again from scratch. Even with all this, I still cannot use the Jump button I want because rebinding Enter to anything else breaks the game.

Last edited:
Back