Cyberpunk 2077

Come out of menu, suddenly flying car

When I was doing the Delamain quest, at the end when you get the Taxi, it kept spawning on top of other cars. It would flip over and within a minute, blow up. I reloaded 8 saves just to get it to only be half on top of a car and able to be entered.

Collision it seems, only turns on as you near enteractable objects. I have seen more than one object become airborne, lol.

I had people flying/falling in the air like that car. There are those overpass sections where cars are driving on bridges above you. I guess something got jammed up and so all of the people started getting routed off an edge. Not sure how or why, but then the cops started attacking me (maybe because people were dying?) and they killed me, too.
I've seen lots of little bugs like that. Floating objects, people disappearing, physics issues, etc. Nothing serious, but some definite eye roll stuff.

is crafting required? I absolutely HATE crafting in games.

I've been done the main story (actually did two endings now) and and all the main characters side missions and have yet to craft anything. Mainly because I haven't felt I needed to or what I stand to gain by bothering.

Collision it seems, only turns on as you near enteractable objects. I have seen more than one object become airborne, lol.
Yes, I have noticed due to all of the physics explosions that happen when I get near a table with physics-active items. It's like all of a sudden they realize they have physics when I touch them, and everything goes flying.

When I was doing the Delamain quest, at the end when you get the Taxi, it kept spawning on top of other cars. It would flip over and within a minute, blow up. I reloaded 8 saves just to get it to only be half on top of a car and able to be entered.

Yeah collision seems to be a complete hack, it's really strange.

If something's blocking the AI, it will happily drive straight through it. I've seen my car come crashing though walls and shit as I summon it, sparks and twisted metal flying but it clips though whatever completely undeterred.

Same with the AI on the road. It's like they can't actually hit something and have it bring them to a stop. There's a few places where they cut it close and clip a wall or barrier but it doesn't actually slow or stop them in any way. I actually found an overpass somewhere that was too short so trucks would slam into the top of it.

They SHOULD get stuck since they literally can't fit, but instead they just clip through.

I'm not sure if this is a failsafe or just them cutting corners with the implementation.

You can randomly walk completely through some people as though they're an apparition, too. Turn around...and poof, sometimes they just disappear. Either that or they'll turn a corner and go away. This is all the while a cop sees you on the other side of a wall. :p Nothing that breaks the game, but it's quirky to say the least.

Yeah, I hate how the cops sometimes just decide you are a threat. Mid mission I had a few run into the meth glitter lab I was wrecking and decide to start blasting.

Yeah, I hate how the cops sometimes just decide you are a threat. Mid mission I had a few run into the meth glitter lab I was wrecking and decide to start blasting.
I went into a gang-owned restaurant for a mission, they started shooting at me because I opened the wrong door apparently, and then the police decided I was doing something illegal for some reason. :rolleyes:

That’s a pretty strong move by Sony. I hadn’t paid attention to the PS4/XB1 fiasco until seeing this. After watching some YouTube videos I can see why it’s a big deal.

CDPR: Just get a refund, no big deal, we care about you
Sony: Why is everyone calling for a refund on this game? We only refund games before they get downloaded
CDPR: Oh we didn’t actually check with Sony first, sorry about that.
Sony: Refund problem fixed, people can’t ask for refunds if they can’t buy the game.

Now I’m super curious if MS pulls the game too, otherwise people will say MS is happy selling garbage (regardless of how true it is).

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I agree, they should have never made the PC & Console release at the same time. Had they just focused on the PC version first everything would be fine, and they could have gotten the extra 6 months to a year that they needed for the console version.

It seems like they shot themselves in the foot promising this for last-gen consoles, and got too greedy.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the hell out of this game on PC. I've got 30 hours in and it hasn't felt stale yet. Most other open world games, like AC Valhalla for instance, felt stale pretty fast.

Should have never been on console to begin with.

This. Right here.

As it stands though: It's a bad look. There is no way around it and I'm not someone who is looking for an excuse to take shots at CDPR. I have a lot of good will for them.

I'm happy with it here on the PC but I've seen some bugs and issues like everyone else has. I've been sucked in and enjoyed it but I have heard about some of the horror stories on the console(s).

Well, that's what happens when you market the game the way it was. The fact that pre-release had so little info was a giant red flag that most chose to ignore.

I love how shithook websites like IGN are all up in arms now to save face, but they are the clowns that took the money and didn't say a peep about the fact that they never touched the game playing on the older consoles.

Hehe.. Console peasants.

This game is actually running great for me on both my laptop with 2070 and 10875h at 1080 and my desktop with 3080 and 10900k at 4K. Running both with ray tracing on (reflections off), cascade shadows medium, dlss quality, rest mostly ultra. HDR and perfect blacks on the LG C7 is stunning.

It took a bit for the game to click for me. I’m about 25 hours in now and feel like I’ve finally got a decent grasp on the mechanics. I should have ran the game on hard though, once I got my quick hacking up a bit I can clear entire fortresses using nothing but short circuit.

There is definitely room for improvement but as far as bugs go I haven’t come across anything even remotely game breaking. It doesn’t bother me too much that I occasionally witness an NPC drinking out of a glass that isn’t there.

Bot already knows what people want lol.

fhoc8przav561.jpg

I feel for the console folks. CDPR might be a PC developer first, but they've been in the console biz for a while now. The Witcher 2 was ported to the 360 in a normal fashion. The Witcher 3 console versions were a step down from the PC version, but the step down was appropriate and expected. Bug-wise, those versions were on par with the PC. This isn't the same and those consoles should have been what they were targeting for years. The PS5 and X1X have only been out for a month so it's not like they were expecting most people to have one. Hell, their last supposed launch dates would have been prior to the release of the new consoles.
I consider this to be a mess and we're lucky the PC version works as well as it does.

I feel for the console folks. CDPR might be a PC developer first, but they've been in the console biz for a while now. The Witcher 2 was ported to the 360 in a normal fashion. The Witcher 3 console versions were a step down from the PC version, but the step down was appropriate and expected. Bug-wise, those versions were on par with the PC. This isn't the same and those consoles should have been what they were targeting for years. The PS5 and X1X have only been out for a month so it's not like they were expecting most people to have one. Hell, their last supposed launch dates would have been prior to the release of the new consoles.
I consider this to be a mess and we're lucky the PC version works as well as it does.
PS5 here. Today was the first day I had a crash. Thankfully I had saved right before. Whew.

I've read people say that Witcher 3 was fairly buggy out of the gates. I couldn't get into that game at first and it was months before I came back around to it, although I did end up enjoying the hell out of the game and beat it multiple times. From my recollection I had very minimal problems with W3 when I finally gave it a shot.

Unlike W3 I've been hooked on Cyberpunk right from the start. Very few bugs and no crashes at all. Spent just about every free hour this past week playing the game, reached max level by plowing through all the side missions. Now I'm getting corrupt save files and an internet search leads me to their forums where people are claiming that if the sav.dat file reaches 8192KB then you are fucked. Apparently the problem can be exacerbated by crafting too many items and sure enough I invested perk points into crafting and have done a substantial amount. Looks like my only options are to wait for a fix, go from an older working save file and refrain from crafting anymore, or start a new game.

It's easy to ignore all the bad talk about this game when you're not affected and enjoying your playthrough. But running into a problem like this is a kick in the teeth and is making me wish I had held off on starting.

Back