Cyberpunk 2077

First look at DLSS when you jump into the game.

DLSS ON.png

DLSS off.

DLSS OFF RTX OFF.png

I was getting a LOT of texture corruption and shimmering on the 2080 Ti with DLSS on. Was very distracting. Decided to play 1440p in a borderless window on my 48" with Medium everything and no RTX. Keeping me around 75 to 90 frames nice and fluid.

Last edited:
GOG or Steam...does it matter much which to buy from? Obviously having the ability to install mods is my prime consideration. I have a ton of games in Steam but have never tried GOG.
Thanks in advance for the .02.
Do you like to own your games and have them DRM free, or are you ok with renting them with DRM restrictions? -> TIL it's not always true with Steam

GOG is, IMO, the best online game store on the market and CDPR gets a bigger profit from your purchase there vs Steam, so if you want to support them more that is the way to go.

Last edited:
I'll let this game play out in 2021 when I'm on vacation guess it doesn't have a in game benchmark. The dlc for a game of this size would be crazy. I never even had time to touch blood and wine with the Witcher 3.

First look at DLSS when you jump into the game.

View attachment 307512

DLSS off.

View attachment 307511

I was getting a LOT of texture corruption and shimmering on the 2080 Ti with DLSS on. Was very distracting. Decided to play 1440p in a borderless window on my 48" with Ultra everything and no RTX. Keeping me around 75 to 90 frames nice and fluid.

DLSS seems to work alright for me, as long as I set it to Quality mode. Performance Mode is a no-go, I don't even want to imagine what Ultra Performance mode looks like.

looks like the [H] member who always complains about hysterical YouTube overreactions and Reddit kids did the sensible thing and deleted his nonsensical post...his usual nonsense about the game running great for him and how everyone complaining about game bugs/instabilty/performance issues are lying or overreacting...

Cyberpunk 2077's release version is still buggy as hell

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-release-version-is-still-buggy-as-hell/

Fired up a couple of hours last night. My 1080 seems to sit consistantly at 55-60 fps on High with some settings on Med. Still looks and feels great, everything has a weight to it. Can't wait to get into it more.

Some of the controls are weird, the car handling/physics are a bit shit and sometimes conversations outside are totally drowned out by distant dialogue or sounds that are unaffected by that distance. Had a hard time hearing Jackie right next to me but no problem hearing some random conversation 50m away.

That's all I have to complain about. Everything else is pretty kick ass.

I love how I can give my female character a penis but can't bind arrow keys for movement...lol, ridiculous.

it's 2020 and this is still a thing?...I will not touch this game until I can rebind movement to the arrow keys...WSAD sucks (for me anyway)

EDIT: you can go into the config files and remap everything the way you want (UserSettings.json file)

Last edited:
it's 2020 and this is still a thing?...I will not touch this game until I can rebind movement to the arrow keys...WSAD sucks (for me anyway)

EDIT: you can go into the config files and remap everything the way you want (UserSettings.json file)

thanks! I'll take a look today. I honestly only played for a minute before letting my daughter take over and she hogged it all night.

Why not install the new drivers?
Out of curiosity and to see if people reported the new driver breaking other things. I'm getting decent performance and ran MSI Afterbuner with the overlay up for 3 hours straight and not one crash. Some people are reporting crashes with Afterburner. I did see some visual bugs like clipping and some bad animations in crowds but haven't encountered anything game breaking. I'll try the game day driver today or tonight after I free up to see how that goes.

I had afterburner running an overlay for temps on mine with no issues. This is with the new nvidia drivers.

Also while key binds should be changable out the gate, they can be manually edited in the "Cyberpunk Game Directory/r6/config" and open "inputUserMappings.xml". F is bound to like 10 actions to keep that in mind.

I love how I can give my female character a penis but can't bind arrow keys for movement...lol, ridiculous.

Pfft more important to be able to rebind genders, only bigots would want to rebind keyboard controls for a video game.

For those of you wanting to rebind the default keys (like "F"), here is the current work around:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ka5dp2/psa_how_to_bind_the_f_key_on_pc/

I swear, do they not have a single play tester that isn't right handed?

seriously!?? I'm glad I didn't buy this because I was be asking for a refund. I do not understand why control rebinding is so hard/not allowed. Its like Fallout 4. I had to use autohot key to rebind the whole keyboard pretty much just to be able to play the game. (Lefty problems)

Some of the controls are weird, the car handling/physics are a bit shit and sometimes conversations outside are totally drowned out by distant dialogue or sounds that are unaffected by that distance. Had a hard time hearing Jackie right next to me but no problem hearing some random conversation 50m away.

That's all I have to complain about. Everything else is pretty kick ass.
The car physics are definitely a bit off. I don't mind the cars have weight to them (I liked GTA IV physics, so I know I'm in the minority here), but it shouldn't take 5+ seconds to decelerate from 55. Only driven V's default car though, so I don't know if that's representative of all vehicles.

As for audio, seems ok on my headphones (Sennehiser GSP 500's) using the Studio Reference audio profile. Might be an issue with audio compression with other audio profiles other then studio reference.
Fired up a couple of hours last night. My 1080 seems to sit consistantly at 55-60 fps on High with some settings on Med. Still looks and feels great, everything has a weight to it. Can't wait to get into it more.
While I haven't looked at FPS graphs, my 1080Ti feels near 60 fps using the default high profile at 4k. Ultra...not so much (I'd guess 15-20 or so; it was a mess). This using latest drivers; the ones I was using before *definitely* had major issues with the game.

I'm going to need to see someone's exact breakdown of what graphical settings do what, but so far I'm just cranking everything all the way up and setting DLSS to performance. That's pulling 60fps, which is what I basically require for anything.

I'm going to need to see someone's exact breakdown of what graphical settings do what, but so far I'm just cranking everything all the way up and setting DLSS to performance. That's pulling 60fps, which is what I basically require for anything.
You don't want to use DLSS performance. The drop in fidelity is massive. Balanced is on the edge. Sometimes you really notice it, other times it looks the same as quality. I wouldn't go lower than balanced, and adjust settings from there.

The biggest drop is from the raytraced reflections. Although there are some scenes where you can tell they didn't spend as much time on the baked in shader reflections, and raytraced reflections adds quite a bit. However, if you have to drop below DLSS balanced to run it, than don't bother. Personally, I can't even stand balanced, so I keep the reflections off so I can run quality.

Xbox series X graphics on the HT projector are rather disappointing. The game graphics seem a decade old. Watching the 4K PC graphics makes me think I should drop this on console and pick it up on PC. Not sure how far out the Xbox series X enhanced graphics are — but they certainly aren’t here yet. Makes no sense because the Series X is basically a PC — so give me the generic PC options. Why is this rumored to be months away? The game also seems somewhat washed out on my setup for some reason I haven’t yet identified. (Other games I’ve played on series X don’t seem this way?)

Attachments

• 32083584-ADCB-49F6-8B64-AC1FF11064D7.jpeg
    32083584-ADCB-49F6-8B64-AC1FF11064D7.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 0
Xbox series X graphics on the HT projector are rather disappointing. The game graphics seem a decade old. Watching the 4K PC graphics makes me think I should drop this on console and pick it up on PC. Not sure how far out the Xbox series X enhanced graphics are — but they certainly aren’t here yet. The game also seems somewhat washed out on my setup for some reason I haven’t yet identified. (Other games I’ve played on series X don’t seem this way?)
I'm sure it doesn't help that you decided to really look at it and take a picture in the training room that consists of a bunch of un-impressive boxes. That area wouldn't look much better on the highest end PC.

IMO, even with the last-gen console level graphics this game would impress the hell out of me.

You don't want to use DLSS performance. The drop in fidelity is massive. Balanced is on the edge. Sometimes you really notice it, other times it looks the same as quality. I wouldn't go lower than balanced, and adjust settings from there.

The biggest drop is from the raytraced reflections. Although there are some scenes where you can tell they didn't spend as much time on the baked in shader reflections, and raytraced reflections adds quite a bit. However, if you have to drop below DLSS balanced to run it, than don't bother. Personally, I can't even stand balanced, so I keep the reflections off so I can run quality.

Interesting. I set it to balanced and it was choppy as hell, so I immediately took it one step further. I'm not about to deal with up and down FPS in the 40's. The difference was pretty massive, so it's clearly dependent on some other settings.

I'm sure it doesn't help that you decided to really look at it and take a picture in the training room that consists of a bunch of un-impressive boxes. That area wouldn't look much better on the highest end PC.

IMO, even with the last-gen console level graphics this game would impress the hell out of me.
I’m 2-3 hours in. While I read that people who play this on a modern PC are saying it is the best graphics they’ve ever seen. It looks firmly like a last gen Xbox One title currently on console. (Which is what it actually is of course until they update the textures and settings for series X owners). I haven’t seen anything jaw dropping on console version whatsoever. Though the night city is cool. It just makes me want to pick it up on PC with ultra wide support and the extra graphical goodies. I’ll try it a bit more on console first. I’m not sure I’ll rebuy yet - hearing all the bug reports. Also not sure what to think about the game world so far. I subjectively much prefer the Witcher 3 game world to this early point. Need more playtime to decide

Last edited:
I’m 2-3 hours in. While I read that people who play this on a modern PC are saying it is the best graphics they’ve ever seen. It looks firmly like a Xbox One title currently on console. (Which is what it actually is currently). I haven’t seen anything jaw dropping on console whatsoever.
IMO, I don't think this game has the best graphics i've ever seen from a technical perspective. The reason what i'm seeing blows me away is just due to overall level of detail in the city. No game has ever come close, to include the denser areas in GTA5. THAT is what is impressive, and the poly count is just massive. All of the raytracing effects are cool, but they are just the top-coat finisher. There are absolutely compromises in the graphics, technically, everywhere you look to get this game running on current hardware. However, that's fine given the level of detail. Running on a last gen console largely won't change that level of detail.

Xbox series X graphics on the HT projector are rather disappointing. The game graphics seem a decade old. Watching the 4K PC graphics makes me think I should drop this on console and pick it up on PC. Not sure how far out the Xbox series X enhanced graphics are — but they certainly aren’t here yet. Makes no sense because the Series X is basically a PC — so give me the generic PC options. Why is this rumored to be months away? The game also seems somewhat washed out on my setup for some reason I haven’t yet identified. (Other games I’ve played on series X don’t seem this way?)
I’m 2-3 hours in. While I read that people who play this on a modern PC are saying it is the best graphics they’ve ever seen. It looks firmly like a last gen Xbox One title currently on console. (Which is what it actually is of course until they update the textures and settings for series X owners). I haven’t seen anything jaw dropping on console version whatsoever. Though the night city is cool. It just makes me want to pick it up on PC with ultra wide support and the extra graphical goodies. I’ll try it a bit more on console first. I’m not sure I’ll rebuy yet - hearing all the bug reports. Also not sure I like this game setting so much so far. I so far subjectively much prefer the Witcher 3 game world. Not that that can be helped.

Maybe because it IS a Xbox One title. This game does not come out for the new consoles until 2021, but you can play on the new consoles due to backwards compatability.

Maybe because it IS a Xbox One title. This game does not come out for the new consoles until 2021, but you can play on the new consoles due to backwards compatability.
IMO, this game is a last-gen console title, and it largely shows.

I think the game is stunning, but even on a high-end PC there are areas where the textures are just low res, and some of the models don't have the poly-count.

Of course, when you judge the level of detail on a whole, it's impressive.

Someone on reddit mentioned that setting "cascaded shadows resolution" from high to medium more than doubles the FPS. Haven't had a chance to try it myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...setting_on_pc_tanks_performance_heres_how_to/

Also very strange how this game doesn't appear to utilize my hardware much. My fans are barely spinning.

I just tried this and it's true. I don't have an FPS counter turned or anything, but just turning that one thing down = immediate night and day eye test performance increase.

Hey guys. I bought Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC and Xbox Series X and monitor Aorus FI27Q. Will be plugging in monday console. Pc will wait for rest parts.
My question is. Is this good game on new console and how many fps i will get ? Thanks :*

Hey guys. I bought Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC and Xbox Series X and monitor Aorus FI27Q. Will be plugging in monday console. Pc will wait for rest parts.
My question is. Is this good game on new console and how many fps i will get ? Thanks :*
You're asking people who likely haven't owned a console since a super nintendo how this game runs on consoles. You might want to try the other area.

IMO, this game is a last-gen console title, and it largely shows.

I think the game is stunning, but even on a high-end PC there are areas where the textures are just low res, and some of the models don't have the poly-count.

Of course, when you judge the level of detail on a whole, it's impressive.
I was just commenting on the fact that in his first post, he made it sound like it was for the xbox series x instead of the xbox one. This is like when I got the xbox one and played my xbox 360 copy of Oblivion and expecting xbox one graphics. That's all.

Out of curiosity and to see if people reported the new driver breaking other things. I'm getting decent performance and ran MSI Afterbuner with the overlay up for 3 hours straight and not one crash. Some people are reporting crashes with Afterburner. I did see some visual bugs like clipping and some bad animations in crowds but haven't encountered anything game breaking. I'll try the game day driver today or tonight after I free up to see how that goes.
No issue with afterburner here, been playing for 7 hours so far have had the RTSS overlay on as well. People crashing probably have an unstable overclock.

Last edited:
I updated the drivers to the latest and I do see a perf bump. I also messed around some in game with Afterburner and no probs here either. I really should have taken the day off work.. :D Will have to wait for later tonight to go deeper.

I'm hoping that the game gets ray tracing support for AMD cards soon and that the performance is decent.

Someone on reddit mentioned that setting "cascaded shadows resolution" from high to medium more than doubles the FPS. Haven't had a chance to try it myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...setting_on_pc_tanks_performance_heres_how_to/

Also very strange how this game doesn't appear to utilize my hardware much. My fans are barely spinning.
Nice tip, this is the kinda stuff that HWU find out in their "optimized settings" videos, which hopefully they'll get out soon.

Back