Cyberpunk 2077 Is 'Far, Far Bigger' Than The Witcher 3

HardOCP News

[H] News
I've really been looking forward to this game ever since the teaser trailer debuted almost two years ago. Thanks to cageymaru for the link.

Now it has been revealed that the title will be ever grander in scale than the third and final entry in the developer’s sprawling fantasy series, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. "Cyberpunk is far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before," visual effects artist Jose Teixeira told MCV. "Far, far bigger. We're really stepping into the unknown in terms of complexity and size and problems we encounter."

oooooh. From there being so little about this development, it's almost felt like vaporware. I'm glad to see / read something.

Hoohoohoo
I hope this introduces something new to the open world RPG, namely some sort of online integration with others.

Have different factions with different story arcs, interacting in real time, with worlds generated at different times. Your character and faction can do things in offline time dependent on AI tech you invest in. Or transition into different worlds with regards to ho active the other participants are. So many options in the evolution of the genre

oooooh. From there being so little about this development, it's almost felt like vaporware. I'm glad to see / read something.

I think Witcher 3 was a pretty good affirmation that they're capable of making another game.

It's not hard to make a bigger world, bu it is hard to fill it with interesting things to do.

This is a terrible quest sytem.
wow-guide-11.jpg

Compared to this.
the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_alas_poor_yorick.png

It's not hard to make a bigger world, bu it is hard to fill it with interesting things to do.

This is a terrible quest sytem.
wow-guide-11.jpg

Compared to this.
the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_alas_poor_yorick.png

That isn't even close to a fair comparison... The first one was developed in the 90's and the second one 20 years later. You don't seem to understand how long of a time period 20 years is in the IT world. You are literally comparing modern medicine to cavemen knocking teeth out with rocks.

That isn't even close to a fair comparison... The first one was developed in the 90's and the second one 20 years later. You don't seem to understand how long of a time period 20 years is in the IT world. You are literally comparing modern medicine to cavemen knocking teeth out with rocks.

What 90's? World of Warcraft is still a game that gets updated today. New expansion is legion. But a lot of games have "busy work" to entertain you instead of a real quest system like Witcher 3.

WTF... comparing a mmo to a single player rpg... really? Turning on drunk vision and following around red/yellow glowing stuff is really amazing :rolleyes:.

They should scale down that complexity and just making a proper combat system that doesn't completely suck for once.

COmmon CD Projekt Red show the original p&p some supper love on this project... I just hope they integrate or at lease try and put some of the original p&p rpg elements into this game. damn I loved playing Cyberpunk and Shadow Run back in the day... If the do it would be super sweet :) .

Cyberpunk 2013 and 2020 were both good. Cyberpunk 3.0 was an awful mess. Which edition will this game try to capture?

Absolutely no doubt The Witcher 3 looks amazing. One of my favs!

But, World of Warcraft?

Yeah, the skill needed in Mystic level raids is 10x more than what's needed in Witcher.

I just sold my 10 year old WoW account with 27,000 achievement points, 3,500,000 gold. Tons of titles and mounts for $4,000 dollars.

I'm also one of the guys that sold a Rogue with both Warglaive's back in the day for $7,500. There was another guy that actually sold his account for 10k. That's the one that made the news.

Anyways, I cannot wait for this Cyberpunk game to come out.

I want a huge huge HUGE map to play on. I still think the Witcher 3 could have had a much bigger map. My favorite thing to do was just ride and explore. I broke a lot of quests that way early on lol before all the patching was done

Anyways, I cannot wait for this Cyberpunk game to come out.

I want a huge huge HUGE map to play on. I still think the Witcher 3 could have had a much bigger map. My favorite thing to do was just ride and explore. I broke a lot of quests that way early on lol before all the patching was done

Honestly, I'm hoping for the opposite. Not specifically that I want a tiny map, but I want a city that is actually explorable. I haven't run across a game yet that allows me to just walk into a building, take an elevator and see what's happening on floor 32 of the big skyscraper downtown, just because. The witcher 3 needs a large map because it doesn't take place in a heavily populated metropolis(wouldn't make any sense if it did). I don't want to roam the countryside in a cyberpunk game, but having a city where 50% or more of the land mass effectively non-playable because the builds are just closed shells is getting old. Yeah games will have building interiors for some things, usually tied to some main storyline quest and then that's it, while the 50 buildings between your main quest waypoints are just "nothing" that prevents you from traveling in a straight line between point A and B(they might as well be trees).

Agreed, even if the buildings are mostly run down shells, at least it's somewhere to hide.

Action Half Life was pretty awesome for that, not big big maps but lot's free area to run around and hide in, with a few well designed pinch points for action. What a great game that was, to bad CS won out in the end =(

Back