Cyberpunk 2077 for $26.69

I bought the PC physical edition, which comes with a GOG key, and to be honest it's actually really nice. Has stickers, a paper map, and a compendium that has some history about Night City and some of the major players. Also a two-disc soundtrack set. First physical copy in awhile that felt worth buying.
Is it $60 as well? If so that's incredibly impressive, especially these days.

I wasn't going to buy this game until it dropped to $30 anyways so I jumped on this and it's through GOG which is good.
But just want to reiterate to use a safe VPN if you choose to do this. A lot of VPN's will steal your data (Hola being one of them).

That moment when suddenly everyone convinces themselves they weren't going to give in and buy it for $60 any day now and that $30 was their price point all along

I bought the PC physical edition, which comes with a GOG key, and to be honest it's actually really nice. Has stickers, a paper map, and a compendium that has some history about Night City and some of the major players. Also a two-disc soundtrack set. First physical copy in awhile that felt worth buying.
The physical edition of The Witcher 2 came with a bunch of cool stuff, it was my least favorite Witcher game but you can't win them all.

That moment when suddenly everyone convinces themselves they weren't going to give in and buy it for $60 any day now and that $30 was their price point all along
Is it that hard to comprehend there is a large swath of people that do not pay full price for games any longer? I simply do not buy any console/PC game until it is under $30. My days of pre-ordering and/or paying full price for games are long over.

Considering I still have spider man, god of war and a ton of smaller games to play yes I was more than happy to wait till it was at a price point I want. Same thing I'm doing with AC Valhalla, just because I CAN afford to buy it full price doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to throw money at it when I can easily wait for it to hit 50% off at some point. If it was a game I desperately wanted to play now I still wouldn't pay full price though, with places like gmg its super easy to get PC games for 10-25% off at launch (or very shortly after).

But even ignoring my little blurb, willingly throwing extra money down the drain to support some corporation because you guys have this weird concept that they give two shits about anybody but their share-holders is funny. If I can buy it without supporting shady grey-key market sites and still save myself a huge chunk of change I will lose 0 sleep over it because we all know if the situation was reversed and they could get away with charging us $100 per copy they would without hesitation.

Last edited:
Works great. I don't think they give a flying frack as long as the money is coming in. They get the whole thing which isn't much different after Steam of Amazon get their cut. I'm not losing sleep. In fact I'll probably pick up half a dozen more games from them.

Oh, and if you use Hola, after uninstalling it do remember to run a adware scan like ADWCleaner to remove the leftover Hola crap after. Not a big deal.

I think it is legitimate to go where the product is cheapest and buy it there. Nobody forces CDPR to offer Cyberpunk 2077 at a lower price in other countries, and so there is no need to be offended on their behalf when people actually take up that offer.

It would also be ok for CDPR to offer this game only in an edition with regional localization at this price, if they really wanted to remove incentives for cross-border purchases.

What is being done here is Americans are able to exploit currency conversion and economic prosperity to our financial gain.
No, the company exploits the fact that they can charge Westerners more than people of poorer countries, and uses geofencing in order to "shield" them from the lower prices elsewhere.
Not everyone in the US is rich :meh:
They're not charging you more. They're charging other countries less...
Do you really somehow expect custom pricing per your individual income? What the ??? Where's your head, man?
Well if the argument is that CDPR demands less money in Russia because Russians are poorer, then it becomes fair to ask what about the low-income groups in the US. I am not saying there is a solution or needs to be one. But the situation is patently unfair to them.
This is the same mentality as my manger... he earns six digits... lives in a secure, gated community.. drives around proud in his Audi.. but will ask me how to "download torrents"... F' that lmao.. go buy it you cheap f'er
The reason he has disposable income is because he earns that much, but also because he does not frivolously spend it.
I guess if it were cheaper and mostly risk-free to import that Audi from overseas he would do it.

meh, let me know when I can run it on linux

interesting, may have to pick this up after all... everything on their forums pointed to no linux support... and for once having a radeon is a good thing lol

I see zero problem with what the OP is doing. CDPR being the good guys? They'd charge you $100 if they could get away with it.
No, they wouldn't. They had the chance to increase the price amid pressure from other publishers who aim to normalize $70 USD as the standard MSRP for new games on the new consoles. But they rejected the pressure and said they're sticking with $60 USD.

Also interesting, and I think good news: Cyberpunk 2077 has already recouped its development costs, CD Projekt says

what is even more laughable: How many that are taking advantage of this loophole, stood in line to buy one of those RTX's' that cost more than one of my mortgage payments? (considering it takes a high end rig to run this game well)

This is the same mentality as my manger... he earns six digits... lives in a secure, gated community.. drives around proud in his Audi.. but will ask me how to "download torrents"... F' that lmao.. go buy it you cheap f'er

For real, man.
Most of the people on this forum range from rich to filthy rich (of course most won't admit that but just look at the pictures of their home and man-caves, etc). Yet they won't think twice about saving a buck by screwing over a developer then make some completely half-assed excuse why they're justified in doing that.
Too bad people do this - everywhere-. They're only nice if it suits them. But throw something at them and they turn into the wolves they truly are.

Personally I'm going to take the same path that I did for Witcher 3 -- wait a year until I can pay $30 for game+all DLC + year of patches + year of community mod support.

Now if you will excuse me, I am almost done with Horizon Zero Dawn ($30+DLC+patches, debut August 2020) and next up I have Red Dead Redemption 2 ($40+patches, debut Dec 2019).

This is how to do it with PC gaming these days. It's not about paying $60 vs $30. It's about waiting for games to be patched and polished, DLC, and the hardware to max them out at high refresh rates. I'm simply going to have a much better experience with Cyberpunk if I wait a year or two. I've finally gotten patient enough to follow through with this strategy, and it's for the best.

I think it is legitimate to go where the product is cheapest and buy it there. Nobody forces CDPR to offer Cyberpunk 2077 at a lower price in other countries, and so there is no need to be offended on their behalf when people actually take up that offer.

It would also be ok for CDPR to offer this game only in an edition with regional localization at this price, if they really wanted to remove incentives for cross-border purchases.

No, the company exploits the fact that they can charge Westerners more than people of poorer countries, and uses geofencing in order to "shield" them from the lower prices elsewhere.

Well if the argument is that CDPR demands less money in Russia because Russians are poorer, then it becomes fair to ask what about the low-income groups in the US. I am not saying there is a solution or needs to be one. But the situation is patently unfair to them.

The reason he has disposable income is because he earns that much, but also because he does not frivolously spend it.
I guess if it were cheaper and mostly risk-free to import that Audi from overseas he would do it.
Majority of poor americans are poor due to their poor life choices. Russians don't have a choice when the government controls every aspect of their lives. If you can't afford paying $60 for a game then you should have other priorities in your life.

Majority of poor americans are poor due to their poor life choices
That's not neccessarily true. Environment born into, lack of opportunity choices others take for granted, substandard schooling and various other reasons contribute to poverty. It's not because all poor people are lazy.

My $50 copy was waiting for me at Best Buy for pickup. Work prevented me from picking it up, and im glad i waited. Got a $30 copy from Ukraine and cancelled my pre-order. $30 is what i believe this game is worth in the state that they released it.

That's not neccessarily true. Environment born into, lack of opportunity choices others take for granted, substandard schooling and various other reasons contribute to poverty. It's not because all poor people are lazy.
Lack of opportunity is not a excues. It is up to you to make opportunities. People just want to take the easy way or chase the quick/easy buck. There are generations of poor immigrants that came here with less then what the "poor" have and made something of themselves and created a better future for their kids. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone. Learn a trade. You don't have to go to college to be successful. I grew up in a poor first generation immigrant family. I never went to good school or had it easy. But here I am making nearly six figures and generally don't work more then 40 hours a week.

You lot are greedy, selfish, disgusting people. No other words to describe some of the attitudes in this thread.
And many of you need to go back to school and take basic economics class on top of it.
Cause and effect. You're part of the reason the world is shit.

This is how to do it with PC gaming these days. It's not about paying $60 vs $30. It's about waiting for games to be patched and polished, DLC, and the hardware to max them out at high refresh rates. I'm simply going to have a much better experience with Cyberpunk if I wait a year or two. I've finally gotten patient enough to follow through with this strategy, and it's for the best.
Theres truth in this. Witcher 3 ran a hell of alot better on my 480x compared to my 280x

You lot are greedy, selfish, disgusting people. No other words to describe some of the attitudes in this thread.
And many of you need to go back to school and take basic economics class on top of it.
I'll go out on a limb and bet that you aren't part of the solution either. People who are part of the solution tend to berate less, and donate more of their time and money in programs designed to give others a hand up.

Had I purchased this way, I'd have donated that $30 to St. Jude's, World Vision, or some other eminently worthy cause.

To you and everyone else, congrats for staying way off topic!

(Chops another motherfucker's head off to the driving beat of CP2077 combat music)

Edit: 22 hours into the game now, and after a computer reboot didn't have any more crashes after starting act 2 (that 500MB patch likely had more to do with it). This game is worth every penny of the $60 that I paid via GoG, but I'm partial to the dialogue choices, crafting elements, and music of a game - which this game has in spades and IMO does extremely well. Not to mention the eye candy when cranked to ultra raytracing (thank you DLSS and Gsync!).

Last edited:
Basic economics? You don't have any concept of it.
Price segmentation. Some people are willing to pay $250 for the collectible, others $30, the majority $60. Two gas stations, same company, two different neighborhoods, two different prices.
Charing the Russians $27US is price segmentation and CD did that, not us. They know VPN exists but if a person is willing to do all of that, let them have it. Otherwise they would have charged the Russian $60US as well to prevent it.

People will only pay what they think the value is, not what the company thinks it's worth.
As a retired freelance web designer, many small businesses never paid what I was worth because the service wasn't as valuable as their food inventory or lease payment. They could only bare so much for the service.
Are they bad, disgusting people for not giving me the money I asked for to feed my family? No. Did I still perform the service because they "honesty" wanted to "support" me. Yes!

Just because we are paying a lower price, doesn't mean we do not honestly want to support CD. $60 just isn't what I want to pay for the game, but $30 is, that's price segmentation.

Last edited:
"The game isn't 26 USD in Russia though it's 2000 rubles. While here in the USA we might be thinking they are paying a lot less for the game if you actually look at the average monthly incomes for Russia and the USA, Russians are actually paying a good bit more than us. 4.18% of their average monthly income compared to 1.62% for Americans (if both were bought in their country for full retail).

What is being done here is Americans are able to exploit currency conversion and economic prosperity to our financial gain.

So no the game isn't cheaper in Russia. It's actually more of an expense to them then it is for us buying it here in the USA for full retail.

To put this in perspective someone buying the game in Russia is paying the same if we had to pay 155.25 USD for a full priced game (based on the 60 dollar price point)" (taken from reddit)
Yeah this is a really horrible view on it. First there's no exploit in currency conversion, currency conversion is just that, one country's standard versus another. Yes average pay is lower there than here, but so what, this is a luxury item not an essential need like food, clothing (non-branded) or fuel to operate (driving, warmth, etc). And lastly... yes it is bloody well cheaper there, there is something they can get that cost half the price as it does elsewhere that is be definition CHEAPER, just because it presents more of a financial hardship for someone doesn't mean that it's "more expensive", I'm not going to say that a Lambourgini is cheaper for a rich person because they can make the payments a lot more securely than me, I'm not going to say housing is more/less expensive just because of one's ability to afford it, my "million dollar" house in San Francisco sure as hell costs more than the equivalent home in Podunk, Idaho but I'm not going to say it's "the same cost" just because of my ability to afford it.

As kju1 said they're charging what the market will bear, and in this case it's what they can get away with maximize profits versus how often it is pirated.

People use Amazon all the time to get something for much cheaper than it would cost in a store, and I'm not even talking Mom & Pop store... who's going to buy an overpriced HDMI cable from a place like Best Buy? This is the same thing, you're finding the same product, sold elsewhere for cheaper, and the only exploitation is the borderless nature of how the Internet works.

what is even more laughable: How many that are taking advantage of this loophole, stood in line to buy one of those RTX's' that cost more than one of my mortgage payments? (considering it takes a high end rig to run this game well)

And you don't think they would get an RTX card for cheaper if they could? I'm not even talking "falling off the back of a truck" levels of cheap, if there wasn't a MAP on them and you could find them cheaper at Newegg than a brick & mortar and they could do it (availability) you don't think most of them would do it in a heart beat? (assuming the savings is worth the online hassle).

Bottom line is people would rather get something for cheaper unless there are some other aspects associated with it, like customer service, convenience, etc.

The game is worth it, you should pay the full price.

This happened on Steam before, and I think they just raised the prices on other regions, which screws over people that really can't afford the game.

Pay your share.

So you never, not once ever, bought something from a big box store at a slightly lower base price or on sale versus buying from a local shop at ~5-10% more cost? You never bought an imported/knockoff item versus a locally sourced item to save some money?

The game is worth it, you should pay the full price.

This happened on Steam before, and I think they just raised the prices on other regions, which screws over people that really can't afford the game.

Pay your share.
My share? How do I have a share in their company or the profit of this game? Just because I live where I do has no bearing on me paying more or less than any other person. If they have a system that can run this game, affordability of $60 is fairly assumed. If they can't afford to pay $60 for a game, they have other priorities they need to address immediately. Gaming is a luxury market, not a necessity.

Your opinion of "it's worth it", is yours. Witcher 3 got rave reviews, but I personally disliked it, not my gaming preference. I bought it on sale with all DLC and other stuff included and put in 2 hours and haven't touched it since. Did a I request a refund? No. I knew the risk and accepted it was just someting I didn't like and couldn't resell. I will do the same with CP but when its on sale through normal channels, I'm not connecting to Russia for one.

Oof, data-stealing russian VPN's, no thanks. The the goofy rationalizations about "sticking it to the man" and "its only worth $30 cuz it has bugs" also hilarious.

Ive been waiting years for this masterpiece. Plenty of other things I can penny pinch, not this ..

1607809323409.png

Last edited:
Right, so a game that was worked on for 7 years, with 100 hours of gameplay to 100%, is only worth $30?

Back