Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to September 17, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
dual launch of ps4 and ps5 a month later.

color me surprised *yawn*

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I'm completely fine with this, as I was with Doom being delayed.

I want to play something as polished as it can be, not a buggy/possibly unstable mess. Kudos for them wanting to get it right the first time, wish more devs took this approach...
Yeah, it's only been 7 years. We wouldn't want them to rush it.

Star Citizen: Releases tons of new content, on schedule, regularly
"Gamers": Booo!!! you guyz just want more moneys!!11 ull never release teh game!!11 booo!!!!

CyberPunk 2077: Makes ridiculous April release date, realizes how stupid that was and pushes the game to September, though we all know it will be delayed again anyways
"Gamers": Yay! I love CD Projekt red, this is amazing! I don't care that they lied to us and over-hyped their game! I want sex with all the developers that work there!!!111

Unbelievable.

"Gamers": Booo!!! you guyz just want more moneys!!11 ull never release teh game!!11 booo!!!!

CyberPunk 2077: Makes ridiculous April release date, realizes how stupid that was and pushes the game to September, though we all know it will be delayed again anyways
"Gamers": Yay! I love CD Projekt red, this is amazing! I don't care that they lied to us and over-hyped their game! I want sex with all the developers that work there!!!111

Unbelievable.
In Cyberpunk's defense, it has nothing to show for gameplay, and SC has lots to show on how lacking it is. :)

Still, it has more chance of coming out in 2021. than SC.

Unbelievable.

Thing is, Cyberpunk ISNT released, Star Citizen IS released as a working title when really its just a patchwork of content to funnel money.

No,I just like different things than you do. Shocking, right?

Well, my point is that if you don't like previous games from this developer, and you don't like other major titles, why are you disappointed that this title is delayed? Chances are that we'll be having a similar conversation in three years about how you didn't like Cyberpunk. No sense getting hyped about something you know you're not going to enjoy.

Keen to check it out but if they gimp it on AMD cards I won't be buying it.
Anticipated yes, most though? Depends on the user base.

wait, star citizen is a full game? since when? I heard it was still like roaming around an abandoned mall, and SQ42 is nowhere in sight

as long as they ain't pushing cyberpunk onto a new engine or we see a huge downgrade in graphics from what we've seen, I think it'll be okay... obviously they have a lot of bugs otherwise they wouldn't push a release date

wait, star citizen is a full game? since when? I heard it was still like roaming around an abandoned mall, and SQ42 is nowhere in sight

as long as they ain't pushing cyberpunk onto a new engine or we see a huge downgrade in graphics from what we've seen, I think it'll be okay...

Cyberpunk is merging with star citizen to create a super-game.

Unbelievable.

The big difference being: Cyberpunk was never funded by hundreds of millions of dollars by its customers, and has only been delayed once, by six months.

I understand game delays if they happen once because a company wants to add polish and bug fixes before release. Cyberpunk already looks great, and the fact that they're spending more time on it anyway I don't see being an issue.

If it ended up being a move to a different engine or scope creep or some other reason, and especially if the delay happens multiple times, that's a different issue altogether.

But game delays do happen. It may be disappointing/aggravating, but Cyberpunk (or any actual game) delays != Star Citizen delays. It is ludicrous to equate the two. Why even bring Star Citizen into this discussion, honestly?

Either way, excited for the game once it *does* come out. I liked what I've seen so far, am actually surprised at the length of the delay. If it delays again, then I will be very concerned.

Fun fact, "The Avengers" game announced a delay to September two days ago to avoid releasing against Cyberpunk2077, while they didn't say that outright some of the devs on reddit have confirmed that they had contract extensions put in and knew about it due to a lot of chatter about what they were releasing against prior to the contract extensions coming in.

That's not a bad thing considering how many games were planned for release in March.

I applaud CDPR for this. I wish more companies would just launch a product when it’s done. That would be far better than the EA/Ubisoft model of launching a game essentially in beta stage because “it’s the holiday season” and then you have to download a 10GB patch a month later to make the game semi-playable.

It's hardly surprising. Large, complex, open world games tend to have a lot of bugs to work out and this one sound more ambitious than most. If it's not ready they could release a buggy mess, start cutting any content that's problematic, or take some extra time; between the three I'd pick the latter every time.

Lol at the SC(am) comparison, mental gymnastics should be an olympic sport.

It's a bummer, but also kinda works for me. I won't have much time this spring, and I haven't had a chance to upgrade my computer yet, so this gives me some time.

I upgraded my computer last year mainly so I could play this game, no problem with waiting a little bit longer. Id rather get a less buggy game, than a ME andromeda mess to play. Ive waited since they announced it, whats a few extra months in the scheme of things.

Well, my point is that if you don't like previous games from this developer, and you don't like other major titles, why are you disappointed that this title is delayed? Chances are that we'll be having a similar conversation in three years about how you didn't like Cyberpunk. No sense getting hyped about something you know you're not going to enjoy.
Well, there is no well. So if I dislike Fallout 76 it means I'll dislike TES6? Or Starfield?

The developer is no guarantee for anything. I loved Mad Max, but Rage2 was abysmal, same developer, very similar type of game. So just because I hate Geralt as a character doesn't mean I must by definition hate Cyberpunk 2077.
Like there is some hidden rule. How dare you not like that game, then you're not allowed to anticipate cyberpunk 2077, heretic!

Well, at least now I have more time to save up and upgrade my pc. And there's still plenty of other games to play.

Well, there is no well. So if I dislike Fallout 76 it means I'll dislike TES6? Or Starfield?

The developer is no guarantee for anything. I loved Mad Max, but Rage2 was abysmal, same developer, very similar type of game. So just because I hate Geralt as a character doesn't mean I must by definition hate Cyberpunk 2077.
Like there is some hidden rule. How dare you not like that game, then you're not allowed to anticipate cyberpunk 2077, heretic!

Fair enough. Good point.

never really made sense that the game was coming out before the 2nd gen RTX cards from Nvidia...Nvidia and AMD are happy with the delay...or queue the conspiracy theory that Nvidia paid them off to delay the game

It would be nice if some of these companies Under Promised and Over delivered.

Initial Statement - Cyberpunk to be released Sept 2020

Secondary statement - Hey guys we know its only April but it looks like we will be releasing Cyberpunk next month!

Reactions: xx0xx
like this
Bought the full handsome set on steam for borderlands 2. Even as a big fallout 4 fan, borderlands 2 is pure gold. I feel modern games are graphics and no content hence why we are now kicking up remakes for resident evil 2, 3 and final fantasy as great classic play station titles.

100gb graphical turds nowadays

Unbelievable.

Really. Back in 2013 CIG said a delivery date of 2 years. So that glass house you're in is still awfully cracked.

Lets not compare a studio with a good track record with CIG.

It would be nice if some of these companies Under Promised and Over delivered.

Initial Statement - Cyberpunk to be released Sept 2020

Secondary statement - Hey guys we know its only April but it looks like we will be releasing Cyberpunk next month!

Not really possible with how marketing works and the long lead times needed for console cert and retail product manufacturing.

Unbelievable.
You are right!

Instead they should release on their original promise date, but with just the environment and my character. That way I can walk around in the world and, like, experience it... In the meantime they can put out more characters I can buy, and then in September they can delay again, but release the ability equip gear. Maybe in 10 years they can get around to adding storyline and quests. I mean that is 10 years of awesome ideas to throw into the pot.....

More devs should 100% delay until it's done. I've learned my lessons on EA (and others) and thanks to them never preorder anymore. Even Apex Legends needed 1-2 months to work out all those crashing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back