Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't Nvidia only going to have the 3080 and Ti versions of Ampere available at launch?...I wonder how many people that normally would have waited for the 3070/3060 etc are going to buy the more expensive cards

isn't Nvidia only going to have the 3080 and Ti versions of Ampere available at launch?...I wonder how many people that normally would have waited for the 3070/3060 etc are going to buy the more expensive cards
I don't think anything has been said regarding what models will be available and when

I think it's a safe bet that only the higher end cards are going to be available at launch

Assuming a 3 month gap between each level of cards:

Sep - 3080 ti
Dec - 3080
Mar - 3070
Jun - 3060
Aug - 3050 (ti ?)

Assuming a 3 month gap between each level of cards:

Sep - 3080 ti
Dec - 3080
Mar - 3070
Jun - 3060
Aug - 3050 (ti ?)

I think the top 2 models will be available at launch...so the 3080Ti (renamed 3090 if the rumors are true) and the standard 3080...the more popular mainstream ones like the 3070 will definitely not be available as Nvidia wants people to buy the more expensive cards (and being that Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing shortly afterwards it might work this time)

They are a Polish developer and I can tell you they give no fucks of there is outrage and stuff.
XXhv91X.jpg

Just as a general statement for not just CDPR, but organizations in general is that PR teams especially regional PR teams (we're in the US as opposed to Poland) have the agenda of making the organization they serve "look good". But those 'opinions' are very different than anyone working in or on product development.
Considering that NCW is there as a part of PR and advertising, moving essentially a glorified set of teasers back a few weeks to be viewed more favorably is a cost effective and easy strategy. Not sure what else there is to say here.

EDIT: That isn't to say I know if and what CDPR's political agendas are (if any). Just merely pointing out that I wouldn't really pay too much attention to a tweet unless it was from the personal account of an actual developer or said in an interview or part of something else. But even then a lot of that has to be put through the filter that everyone knows them (they're public figures).

Last edited:
I think the top 2 models will be available at launch...so the 3080Ti (renamed 3090 if the rumors are true) and the standard 3080...the more popular mainstream ones like the 3070 will definitely not be available as Nvidia wants people to buy the more expensive cards (and being that Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing shortly afterwards it might work this time)
Depends on what AMD delivers.If it's good we'll see that 3070 sooner rather than later.

Wait for Hawaii.... Fiji... Fury.... Vega... Navi... Big Navi..... Yawn!

even it only matches 2080Ti performance it's still a great buy because I'm sure it'll cost significantly less then $1000+...I think that's what AMD meant when it said Big Navi would disrupt 4K gaming...they meant the price/performance aspect

I am 100% ok with them taking their time and doing it right.

As per RT, I generally perfer RT On and moving other settings to medium if need be. RT on > normal settings at max. Most RT games I have no problem holding 60+ FPS at 3440x1440. (2080ti)

If you don’t like RT I have an inkling DLSS is going to crush with this game, but we shall see.

Overall I still consider RT and DLSS “nice to haves” and I don’t get butt hurt if I have to wait a few months for them to get implemented correctly.

even it only matches 2080Ti performance it's still a great buy because I'm sure it'll cost significantly less then $1000+...I think that's what AMD meant when it said Big Navi would disrupt 4K gaming...they meant the price/performance aspect
Yawn. Poor Volta! ;) You forgot about nvidia having a new series too.

Yawn. Poor Volta! ;) You forgot about nvidia having a new series too.

that was my point...Big Navi doesn't need to compete against Ampere...if they can release a 2080Ti equivalent at half the price that'll be a win...plus I'm curious to see their ray-tracing implementation

Are there even "journalists" anymore? I thought it was just "influencers" now.
I would tend to agree on not wanting their input on the game. CDPR has a vision for the game. Don't change that because journalist(s) have their own opinions (and likely wants something changed just to be able to tell everyone how it was their input).
That's quite possibly a contributing factor to the delay in light of the recent insanity gripping the world. Just the other day I was thinking on how the powers that be at Rockstar have probably had meetings regarding GTA 6's development and how to best join the corporate virtue signaling bandwagon. Rockstar was already getting pretty woke in an embarrassingly on-the-nose Neil Breen kind of way with GTA 5. I'm sure GTA 6 will be replete with preachy virtue signaling badness.

You both read my mind,GTA5 was definitely treading into woke territory,sadly. Try Lee Stranahan,and or James Corbett at the Corbett Report web or utube for real ol skool investigative journalism, market-ticker.org by Karl Denninger great website or his utube at tickerguy for in your face hard core financial analysis,and ZeroHedge, as well as Gerald Celente at Trends Journal.. neverlosetruth on utube is great as is theouterlight utube,and Spiro Skouras for more pure investigative journalism on bitchute. Political commentary: I enjoy rageaholic,styxhexxenhammer666 and themidwestly , sargon of akkad and wayoftheworld and finally: TheDuran is excellent. Morning show? Try TheDavidKnightShow at Banned.video for a great way to start the day on a Libertarian worldview..

Last edited:
Not in this times of COVID and economic uncertainty they do not. We build custom rigs and do networking and a lot of our customers are not going forward they are in retreat mode on spending.

We are not in a recession,but a full on worldwide financial Depression,the COVID lockdowns were useless and destroyed millions of businesses,it will take 7 to 10 years to see any real recovery.

We are not in a recession,but a full on worldwide financial Depression,the COVID lockdowns were useless and destroyed millions of businesses,it will take 7 to 10 years to see any real recovery.
yeah i thought we were finally starting to pull out of the 2001/2008 recession here in 2020, and then BAM....

I understood the first delay, but I'm a little skeptical of this one. If the game is really as "done" as they mention in this ad, then do they really need more than the next 2+ months for bug fixes and the like? With this timing two things come to mind - either making it ready for next-gen consoles (which, I'm unsure if they'd be launched by the date CDPR notes. Mid-November would be the earliest possible launch date for a "Holiday 2020" PS5 / XBSX launch I imagine - a week or so before Black Friday), or they're concerned about the content somehow. Frankly, if they're delaying it to make it friendly with consoles, either current or next gen, then... I never really favor that. Release it for PC first in September, then bring it to consoles later on if there is an issue. I'm sure some will mention "you can't do that! All the console players would throw a fit!", but I remind them all the times that PC versions have been delayed for NON-technical reasons, launched months or even year(s) after the console version, or other sorts of exclusivity; practices that need to stop. If its an issue of game content, I'm not sure that's going to be an issue as big as some may worry about here. The people who are going to complain about game content are going to do it no matter what and no matter when, so I can't see how another 2 months are going to fix that.

Ultimately, if its just a matter of them not being "done", technical issues to resolve like being able to implement RDNA2 raytracing w/ Vulkan or something, COVID19 messing with their development process, not wanting to have to force their workers into exploitative "crunch" etc... that's one thing. If its specifically to cater to consoles / parity release on next gen or to give extra time for "feedback" from certain elements of the journalistic/reviewing community in favor of editing content ( I dont' consider the latter very likely), then I consider it a waste and would prefer they stick to the original date for PC launch at least.
Is it possible that Nvidia and CD Projekt Red are coordinating a release to sell more 3000 series? No evidence of this, but just a thought.

Is it possible that Nvidia and CD Projekt Red are coordinating a release to sell more 3000 series? No evidence of this, but just a thought.
Nope. NV doesn't need help selling more of what will already be instantly sold out. They'll probably have some marketing partnership and maybe a bundle eventually but thats not why CDPR delayed.

The reason for the delay doesn't matter since it'll be getting more polish no matter what, so who cares. Realize the pressure they're under to deliver god's gift to gaming, the insane hype and expectations on them. Maybe they actually just wanted more time.

Nope. NV doesn't need help selling more of what will already be instantly sold out. They'll probably have some marketing partnership and maybe a bundle eventually but thats not why CDPR delayed.

The reason for the delay doesn't matter since it'll be getting more polish no matter what, so who cares. Realize the pressure they're under to deliver god's gift to gaming, the insane hype and expectations on them. Maybe they actually just wanted more time.

Maybe they'll bundle Cyberpunk with Nvidia cards. Unlikely, but they have done it with some high profile games like CoD.

Maybe they'll bundle Cyberpunk with Nvidia cards. Unlikely, but they have done it with some high profile games like CoD.

I would suspect that would be an option down the road. I don't think either company will feel the need to gild the lily in the short term. Both will almost certainly go for full-fare routes for a good spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back