Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Again (Dec 10th now)

Doubt I will wait for $20, but damn sure not paying more than $40. By the time Cyberpunk 2077 gets to $40, I hope most of the bugs will be fixed by then.
I'm sure it'll hit $40 at least once before June. I'm not disciplined enough to wait that long and there is nothing else out I want to play enough to keep my mind off it, even if it is a buggy mess. I'm also, for some nerdy reason, really looking forward to starting it on my 1080 then popping in a 3080 to finish it... assuming I get my hands on one in time.

I'm buying it, had a good weekend for tips and I kinda want to see the glitchy shitshow for myself.

I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually but fuck it, let's see how this goes.

Doubt I will wait for $20, but damn sure not paying more than $40. By the time Cyberpunk 2077 gets to $40, I hope most of the bugs will be fixed by then.
Good plan, I think I'll do that too. Partially because I'd like to play it at a higher framerate. I'm not sure my 6700K & RTX 2070 is up to the challenge with RT enabled. And its not really like I have a choice, You can't buy what you want within reason now anyway.

DLSS appears to make a massive difference, especially for RT

1607469754755.png

1607469762794.png

1607469769998.png

Ah, raytracing. How I'd love to enable thee.

My 1080ti has been a stalwart trooper. But the old soldier is tired, and wants to finally dine in the feasting halls alongside the Voodoo, R300, and Et4000.

Not yet my friend. Not yet. You're still needed.

Ah, raytracing. How I'd love to enable thee.

My 1080ti has been a stalwart trooper. But the old soldier is tired, and wants to finally dine in the feasting halls alongside the Voodoo, R300, and Et4000.

Not yet my friend. Not yet. You're still needed.
Same boat as you. Most likely even if I wait several months for the bugs to be sorted, I will still not be able to purchase an upgraded gpu without paying a scalper or spending a few hundred hours watching discord etc. like a hawk.

Getting an "access denied" error on those links.
Me too someone explained that it block redirect, you need to right click those link, manually copy the address and paste the address in a fresh browser tab.

Based on the images above, RT = a few extra 100w bulbs in the scene.
Dude look at the light running reflection on the floor in the glass, the underglow of the bar led runner on the top and bottom, where the light reaches the correct defused distance.
Its not just extra light, its accurate realistic light

Got my copy for $40 in a BF sale, I'm thinking that there are enough graphics settings to mess with that I can hopefully get decent fps with my 1080 Ti at 1440p with a mix of High and Ultra...

Dlss is an in game option or enabled in nvidia control panel?

Ah. In game. Ok. Cool.

Last edited:
Well, I just bought a 1TB Sandisk NVMe Ultra SSD (Same as the WD SN550) and also bought Cyberpunk 2077 from Steam.. (Christmas gift to myself.) Going to install Windows 10 Pro on it, Steam, Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Dawn and Control on it, only. Looking forward to playing Cyberpunk, the first game I have payed full price on in a long, long time.

I bought the other 2 games 10 days ago and have not played them yet.

I’ll wait and watch for complaints. I recall Witcher was a motivator for gpu upgrades to enjoy the full experience. Luckily there aren’t any gpus I can overspend on prelaunch.

Reactions: erek
like this
Well, I just bought a 1TB Sandisk NVMe Ultra SSD (Same as the WD SN550) and also bought Cyberpunk 2077 from Steam.. (Christmas gift to myself.) Going to install Windows 10 Pro on it, Steam, Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Dawn and Control on it, only. Looking forward to playing Cyberpunk, the first game I have payed full price on in a long, long time.

I bought the other 2 games 10 days ago and have not played them yet.
That drive does not have any dram, if you haven't used it yet I'd advise you to research this shortcoming and consider getting a drive with dram. Especially since you'll be using it for windows.

That drive does not have any dram, if you haven't used it yet I'd advise you to research this shortcoming and consider getting a drive with dram. Especially since you'll be using it for windows.

Thanks. Yeah, I did do so on Reddit r/buildapc and did some searching online. Basically, it turns out, I would not notice any difference between an SN750 and an SN550 (Which is what the Sandisk drive is) for what I am using it for. Therefore, I just went with the cheaper one.

You wanted it early? You've got it!! Now suffer from bloody glitches until electro vaccine is released for your augmentations!!
The game was supposed to be out 4 months ago, this is not an early release. That being said, they definitely should have postponed it a few more months if the reviewers are correct and day one patch doesn't fix most of the known issues.

Dude look at the light running reflection on the floor in the glass, the underglow of the bar led runner on the top and bottom, where the light reaches the correct defused distance.
Its not just extra light, its accurate realistic light
Is it really? Because I don't see any reflections from the main light or any other lights above on the glass panes to the left of the screen or reflections from the opposite side of the room, just a bit of diffused color to give you an indication of a lighting source (Somewhere)

I will say, it does look pretty good though on Ultra+RT, but not realistic, atleast in that shot.

Last edited:
Is it really? Because I don't see any reflections from the main light or any other lights above on the glass panes to the left of the screen or reflections from the opposite side of the room, just a bit of diffused color to give you an indication of a lighting source (Somewhere)

I will say, it does look pretty good though on Ultra+RT, but not realistic, atleast in that shot.
1607567372802.png
These reflections and diffusing of the lights are what I'm referring, which are no where near as good without RT in the ultra vs ultra+rt.

Already started the game and I am already hooked. I decided to do a clean Windows 10 install, ran the debloat scripts that Chris Titus provides, installed steam and the game. :) Of course, chipset and display drivers as well, since I want to use this install just to play this game and a couple others.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Cyberpunk 2077 has already hit more than 1 million active players on Steam already. Quite impressive really, though I haven't bought this game yet.

Alright, so, first impressions.

Very first impression: This is the first game that I've played that really needs more powerful hardware than my 1080Ti. I booted the game up with the default settings (mostly high or ultra) at 1440p and the fucking game crashed about 10 seconds after character creation. I was getting like 10 FPS before it did so.

I lowered a BUNCH of settings and now I have the game running at around 40-60FPS at 1440p at 80% or so resolution with FidelityFX. It's obviously closer to 1080p than 1440p.

Anyway, even with that "downgrade" and the terribly inconsistent framerate, game looks damn good. I think I might just have to settle for 30FPS 1440p if it can keep it constant, haven't had to run at game at 30FPS in a very long, long while.

I've seen a few bugs, mostly related to clipping and textures being weird as hell - but there wasn't anything game breaking in the 2+ hours i've played. The game itself aside from how hard as fuck it is to run actually seems REALLY well optimized. I haven't seen RAM go over 3GB much at all and the VRAM tends to stick around 6, definitely uses most of my 24 threads, total system usage hovers around 20%, and i still have my background tasks going.

I did get an annoying bug that was enough to make me quit and reload the game, I got a menu popup for installing something that just... wouldn't go away, taking up a bit of screen permanently. Luckily the game loads really damn fast off my SSD + Ramcache so quitting and reloading only takes a few seconds, if there's a way to disable the startup movies it'll probably be even faster. I am still really early though, obviously still in tutorial land.

Should we talk about gameplay in the Cyberpunk thread under General Gaming or consolidate that here? Just curious which one I should be responding too.

Alright, so, first impressions.

Very first impression: This is the first game that I've played that really needs more powerful hardware than my 1080Ti. I booted the game up with the default settings (mostly high or ultra) at 1440p and the fucking game crashed about 10 seconds after character creation. I was getting like 10 FPS before it did so.

I lowered a BUNCH of settings and now I have the game running at around 40-60FPS at 1440p at 80% or so resolution with FidelityFX. It's obviously closer to 1080p than 1440p.

Anyway, even with that "downgrade" and the terribly inconsistent framerate, game looks damn good. I think I might just have to settle for 30FPS 1440p if it can keep it constant, haven't had to run at game at 30FPS in a very long, long while.

I've seen a few bugs, mostly related to clipping and textures being weird as hell - but there wasn't anything game breaking in the 2+ hours i've played. The game itself aside from how hard as fuck it is to run actually seems REALLY well optimized. I haven't seen RAM go over 3GB much at all and the VRAM tends to stick around 6, definitely uses most of my 24 threads, total system usage hovers around 20%, and i still have my background tasks going.

I did get an annoying bug that was enough to make me quit and reload the game, I got a menu popup for installing something that just... wouldn't go away, taking up a bit of screen permanently. Luckily the game loads really damn fast off my SSD + Ramcache so quitting and reloading only takes a few seconds, if there's a way to disable the startup movies it'll probably be even faster. I am still really early though, obviously still in tutorial land.

Should we talk about gameplay in the Cyberpunk thread under General Gaming or consolidate that here? Just curious which one I should be responding too.

Well, that sucks. I have a RTX 2070 @ 1440p and its about the same performance as your 1080ti possibly a little less. Looks like I won't be playing this game anytime soon. Especially with hardware prices the way they are now. I will probably have to upgrade my CPU aswell, (Still on a 6700K) Which I plan to do before a GPU upgrade anyway.

Back