Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Again (Dec 10th now)

If EA or Activision was the publisher, it would have released already and we all would have been complaining about lack of polish, bugs, and it only being available on one storefront. I am glad they can self publish. Still disappointed it got delayed again though.

savetweetvid_EVIVGKEXsAADozb.gif

Maybe I am getting old but a month goes by in a flash anymore.

I also can’t comprehend getting angry over a delay in a game. I’d rather it be polished (hopefully it actually is) and not waste my time on something unstable.

Usually I'd be saying great, keep delaying till it's ready, but this last minute delay upsets me. With no where to go for the holidays because of china flu I like many requested that week off. Now it's too late to change. Besides that point I don't know what they plan to accomplish with an extra 21 days... 21 days is nothing, if you are going to delay again at least make it 3 months. 21 days isn't enough time to fix anything.

Some are speculating that the delay is for fixing performance issues on the new consoles.

Edit: on the same twitter account they posted yesterday that the 19th was set in stone and guaranteed lol.
That sucks. At the very least they could just delay it for the new consoles. I'm willing to bet 96% of the people getting a ps5, have a ps4 at home they can play it on.

Very bad news for next year, game releases are going to be completely screwed :(

Maybe their day one patch has massive problems?
Most likely. Game was probably broken when it "went gold" and they were hoping to fix it by the release date with a massive "patch".

I don't get why they don't split the launch days, can't see them having a problem across ALL the platforms, I would hope PC release is pretty solid at this point. If PS5 and whatever the new xbox is called are the issue for the delay then delay THOSE platforms, not all of them. Look at GTAV and RDR2, their is huge amounts of time between the different platform launches.

I don't get why they don't split the launch days, can't see them having a problem across ALL the platforms, I would hope PC release is pretty solid at this point. If PS5 and whatever the new xbox is called are the issue for the delay then delay THOSE platforms, not all of them. Look at GTAV and RDR2, their is huge amounts of time between the different platform launches.
Careful now, that's how we end up with console first, pc a year later.

Eh? I though it went gold a week ago or so.

You've heard of 0 day patches.

Now meet the world's first -21st day patch.

Seems pretty clear they encountered an unexpected catastrophic game breaking bug, needed to patch it, and now they need to validate it on every system before launch, since they have committed to a simultaneous launch on all platforms that involves a bunch of work.

View attachment 293218
looks like no one gave their social media manager a heads up

Forgot to Triple stamp it...

Also, wtf is a "Day 0" patch?! The gaming industry is getting ridiculous. I'm not paying for a Beta.

But I have a solution. Announce the game, then when you're done working on the game. Release it. AMAZING!

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Why can't more devs do this?....ah that's right...they sold their control over to EA and Activision.

Maybe I am getting old but a month goes by in a flash anymore.

I also can’t comprehend getting angry over a delay in a game. I’d rather it be polished (hopefully it actually is) and not waste my time on something unstable.

A Month? A freaking decade goes by so fast you blink you miss it.

Game delay? Who gives a shit. It will come out eventually.

Forgot to Triple stamp it...

Also, wtf is a "Day 0" patch?! The gaming industry is getting ridiculous. I'm not paying for a Beta.

But I have a solution. Announce the game, then when you're done working on the game. Release it. AMAZING!
AAA games that will influence the sale of next gen consoles don't work that way. In fact, this news is totally different from the norm. This game would have been released under a big pub no matter what.
It's not a beta if they are telling you they are having issues before the game comes out vs DICE/EA making us beta test BF4 for over six months after launch.

If it's delayed to April 2021 I won't have a problem with it.
I would have a problem with playing a game that runs like crap on new video cards from AMD and Nvidia.

A Month? A freaking decade goes by so fast you blink you miss it.

Game delay? Who gives a shit. It will come out eventually.

To an extent. A month or two isn't a big deal, but Duke Nukem Forever would have been revolutionary if it came out in 1999 instead of 2011.

Just retract the date and release it when it's done. Your excuses about having to test it on so many platforms is irrelevant, it's not like they came out of nowhere and you had no idea you were going to be doing so much testing. So many small delays are going to result in bad tastes in people's mouths at this point, maybe should have pegged it for mid 2021 and then if you finish early it's great.
hey... I say, release the definitive PC version and make the consoler peasants beg for it. opposite of how rockstar's been handling their franchises? or is it "really not ready?"

hey... I say, release the definitive PC version and make the consoler peasants beg for it. opposite of how rockstar's been handling their franchises? or is it "really not ready?"
PC releases don't make enough money for that.

PC releases don't make enough money for that.
if it was ready for pc then it wouldn't matter.... but not sounding very promising, but i'm sure they don't want their console fanboys to get jelous and start some kind of online petition or something... everyone needs their trophy these days, and you know they'll cry if they don't get it...

I haven't gotten even a third of the way through the Witcher 3 and as far as I'm concerned they can take all the time they need.

According to twitter posts, developers found out with an email which was simultaneous with the public notification. LMFAO.

would this mean that the game misses goty nominations?

truckload of hype behind, can't imagine what would happen if the devs got even one part of the game wrong/disappointing

I'm kind of glad. It means more time with Assassin's Creed Valhalla before I feel the need to move on to another game.

Oof, the crunch I thought meh whatever. Happens all the time.This though, is actually embarrassing.

There’s been time to figure out velocity through covid so you can’t really blame people being shit slow (which is a problem in general terms this year) as you should have adjusted ages ago.

That said It could be the rapidly worsening situation in Poland destroying people’s productivity as they are worried/stressed/annoyed. I’ve seen it with staff overseas as things have gone backwards.

That said, and it’s pure conjecture but were I to guess, one of the console manufacturers has raised a show stopping defect, probably on some weird combination of products and they can’t fix it in time.

They probably called ‘gold’ based on internal QA and having sent it off. It’s not like they’d be the first project team to fuck to like that

This is "in a blink of an eye" compared to Star Citizen just to put it in perspective.

Am I the only one that actually LIKES these delays?
I'd far rather skip the week 1 patchathon crashfests we currently have with every single AAA developer.
If they want to delay it.. go for it. Just put your money where your mouth is on launch day.

Really all we are trading is the frustrating first few weeks all launches suffer at this point. I'm good with that.

complete BS speculation conspiracy theory:
CD Projekt Red received 6800xt for testing and it performed considerably better than 3080 in RT as Nvidia sponsored RT title.

complete BS speculation conspiracy theory:
CD Projekt Red received 6800xt for testing and it performed considerably better than 3080 in RT as Nvidia sponsored RT title.
Haha, that would be awesome news actually, and this coming from a 3090 owner.

I am still convinced this game doesn't exist. Here are my over-reactive theories of what's next based on this absurd management and development cycle:
  • Delay to January - We are still polishing this game and just not quite there. We want to make sure our team enjoys the holiday season with there families.
  • Delay to Spring - Due to the remaining issues, we are bringing in next gen graphic support on day 1.
  • Delay to Summer - We plan on supporting the new Switch model day 1
  • Next Delay - We are going to move to episodic releases to get this game out (if you think about it...they are already setting this up with the Nightwire episodes)
    • Release episode 1 - 5 hours in one district
    • Release episode 2 - 5 hours in another district
    • *Disappears*

Last edited:
Back