Cyberpower 1500va -900w UPS for $111 or $91 w/Amazon visa

Damn, I ordered this for about $19 more a week ago. Too bad Amazon stopped their post price match thing.

Bought this for $150 from best buy two weeks ago...

My only complaint is, unlike the 600va device, the outlets dont accept brick power devices without blocking the neighbors

I thought the only Cyberpower to consider was the "PFC" line. No? I am in need of a second UPS, so I was considering the PFC line (my primary UPS is a Liebert PSA currently).

I've been using one of these for two years, works well with the crappy power at my house.

Thats brilliant, I cant believe I have never thought of that!

Yeah those are useful. Also you can use a regular power strip (non-surge-protecting) plugged into a UPS as long as you don't put a lot of high-power devices on it and overload it. I say non-surge-protecting because sometimes surge protectors will trip with lesser-quality UPS, and that could actually fry the UPS because it will basically short the hot wire to ground. Surge protectors can be used on a good UPS with pure sine output and based on a transformer if necessary, though. Never use one on a transformerless UPS. Ever. Not even temporarily.

Monoprice has the 18awg 1ft extensions for $0.87 each or $0.83 each for qty 2-9.
Shipping kills the amazon vendor price. $14.50 for 5.

16AWG cost $1.04 each at monoprice
so 5 of them comes out to $12.68 shipped for me.
Though I don't know why you'd need 16awg for a 1ft extension for a low power-brick ac/dc adapter.

I got a couple of the 14 inch power splitter cables to use for the little power bricks. They cost $2.17 each and are useful.

I've used one of these on my TV, receiver, and cable box for about a year and a half. It has performed well.

I thought the only Cyberpower to consider was the "PFC" line. No? I am in need of a second UPS, so I was considering the PFC line (my primary UPS is a Liebert PSA currently).

I have one of these, a 1350VA I bought for 79 dollars at Costco. I'm pretty happy with it. I think the primary issue with these units is that they don't play nice with PSUs with active PFC. So be aware of that. I have an older HX650 (bronze) that lacks the active PFC features, so no issue there, but I'll have to replace/upgrade the UPS next time I upgrade my PSU. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I think you can find plenty of other uses for these, protecting your AV/Home theatre equipment or supporting your network equipment, etc. Hell, it'd be great to keep plugged in in your closet so you can charge your phone/laptop/tablet/whatever during an extended power outage.

Back