Cyberpower 1000va shuts off when the power goes out

DarkSideA8

Gawd
I've had this thing for a while and the manual is gone... but before I go hunting for what it won't tell me; is this behavior an indication that it's basically end-of-life?

If so - what is a good replacement - something fairly easy for a duffer to use / has good software?

Recommendations?

Check the Cyberpower software. Mine will shut off immediately if set to "save battery" 1 minute...stupid af yes but that's a real thing for some people apparently.

I use Cyberpower units. The batteries are dead, even if the LCD is showing that they are charged. Swapping in new batteries is really easy, and you can get the compatible battery model number from the Cyberpower website. There are aftermarket batteries that will offer better density or lower cost than the official replacements if you want to search Amazon.

As others have mentioned it's most likely dead / bad batteries.
Most UPS do a self check every so often and might have an indicator to replace batteries. Also ways to do a manual self test.
Generally speaking OEM batteries are the best quality and last the longest. Typically APC and Cyberpower use rebranded RBC, but OEM and RBC are expensive.
Shopping for aftermarket / compatible batteries is confusing due to the number of brands and finding what fits. Most sites let you enter the UPS model number to find the correct fit or just Google UPS model number replacement battery
I've used several brands and they typically last 3 - 5 years.
I'd recommend battery sharks or mighty max battery.

Yeap what has been said, change batteries in your UPS.

I'd recommend checking out LiFePo4 batteries as they should last twice the life of the regular AGM batteries. Prices aren't too bad t as well.

Generally speaking OEM batteries are the best quality and last the longest.
Yep, and I had the same thing that happened to the OP on a cyberpower unit that was within warranty. They sent a new battery and that worked.

Back