cyber monday interestingly warm - 32" 2560x1440 IPS - 399.00

BB Gun

[H]ard|Gawd
At newegg

32" monitor for sitting farther away from your normal monitor distance. Small Den TV + Computing + gaming, maybe?

Alternatively, lets you mount it at the wall behind your desk and have near equivalent field of view relative to desktop located 27".

Being old and wearing glasses, I already have some issues with my 27" 1440p at the distance it sits from me, in that I don't necessarily notice some game info notices that are typically tucked away in the corners of the display. 32" would make it worse, unless I fixed the issue as aforementioned by placing this 32" mounted on the wall, freeing up all my desk space and still keeping good monitor field of view.

BB

I have been using a 30" screen on my desk for years, not a problem for me personally. The only recommendation I have with big screens up close is to ensure they have excellent viewing angles, otherwise the sides look like poop.

BTW, according to camel, this is a great price if going by Amazon's pricing on this: http://camelcamelcamel.com/Acer-B326HUL-ymiidphz-32-inch-Widescreen/product/B00JB6HE62

PS: Its almost 2015, only noobs still use TV/monitor stands. Hit up monoprice and wallmount that puppy on the cheap! Even renting, the screw repairs on the wall are easy to fix.

Isn't this a VA panel, totally different than IPS?

Wonder if it's the same panel as in the BenQ bl3200pt

That's the deal I've been waiting for!

I ALMOST bit on the HP Envy 32, but held out a bit longer. I suspect this has the exact same panel, and is narrower (no beats speakers on the side).

It also has a fully adjustable stand unlike the HP.

I don't care about the VA screen. This is stricktly a big-ass work monitor for me. I do constant Bomgar sessions all day long so the 1440p is gonna rock over the 1080p 27" I'm using right now.

I do wish it was amazon instead of NewEgg (easier returns) but what the hell. I had to bite at $399 !

Oh, and THREE year warranty! HP was only 1 year.

Assuming it's not a total POS, I think this rates a HOT :)

VA panels are a step above TN but not as great in the color reproduction category as IPS. So I guess you could call it a halfway point between TN and IPS. And for $399, seems like a damn good deal for a 32 inch 1440p monitor.

Can be had for $380 with code MBLNCM14YK used through the newegg app or the mobile site. Just got me one :D

VA panels are a step above TN but not as great in the color reproduction category as IPS. So I guess you could call it a halfway point between TN and IPS. And for $399, seems like a damn good deal for a 32 inch 1440p monitor.
A calibration would get a bit more color accuracy, and VA panels often have double to triple the native contrast compared to IPS.

I know the difference between 900:1 and 2300:1 was very noticeable on two TV sets i've owned.

Dead deal, but it was a good one.

Took 2 days for them to ship. I want my $3.99 back !

Price is back up to $691.00 now.

Shows out of stock at $399 for me.

Yeah, they changed it again.

I guess it don't matter when you don't have any, and you look better not having it at $399 than you do at $691.

Oddly, it showed IN stock at $691 earlier.

Yeah, they changed it again.

I guess it don't matter when you don't have any, and you look better not having it at $399 than you do at $691.

Oddly, it showed IN stock at $691 earlier.

My guess is this will be "out of stock" until after the promo ends where it will magically appear as in stock at the $691 price.

Yuppppp_zps0b7b2806.jpg

Ok, mine is in and it is frickin' gorgeous !

I am not using this for gaming. This is a workstation monitor for me, and WQHD @ 32" is the sweet spot for me. The text looks about the same as it would on a 24" 1080p monitor. Just the right size so it's sharp and readable by my aging diabetic eyeballs.

I think it's pretty damned perfect.

6ms access time would be a dealbreaker for me..

Pixel response time and actual input lag are to entirely different things. Even many 1ms tn displays have higher actual input lag than my IPS display.

I would love a 1440p display at this size.

Oh wow.. I got the Samsung version of this for 600 a month ago or so. Great deal for those who got it!

PS: 1440p at this size is perfect imo.

Last edited:
A calibration would get a bit more color accuracy, and VA panels often have double to triple the native contrast compared to IPS.

I know the difference between 900:1 and 2300:1 was very noticeable on two TV sets i've owned.

Not to mention no IPS glow, the deeper black detail, and lower input lag, this kid doesn't really know what he's suggesting and why...

Ok, mine is in and it is frickin' gorgeous !

I am not using this for gaming. This is a workstation monitor for me, and WQHD @ 32" is the sweet spot for me. The text looks about the same as it would on a 24" 1080p monitor. Just the right size so it's sharp and readable by my aging diabetic eyeballs.

I think it's pretty damned perfect.
Damn you, damn you to hell! Mine won't be in till Tuesday, :(

This. I was an IPS snob for many years, and currently rotate back and forth between the LG 34" ultrawide (IPS), the BenQ BL3200PT (which I think shares this same VA panel), and a Dell U3011 at work (IPS).

The IPS screens are nice but hot damn does the BenQ look gorgeous. The inky blacks and high contrast really make the colors pop. I love using it, such a beautiful screen.

This was a killer deal.

So IPS isnt as great as some monitors out there? I really need a new monitor & trying to find something that is considered next gen but also has great poppy colors like you mentioned "imyourzero" Im not sure if I should make the jump to 1440p or stick to 1080p but what would be your suggestion for either for a gaming PC?

I'd only jump to a monitor of this size if you have hardware that can handle the resolution.

So IPS isnt as great as some monitors out there? I really need a new monitor & trying to find something that is considered next gen but also has great poppy colors like you mentioned "imyourzero" Im not sure if I should make the jump to 1440p or stick to 1080p but what would be your suggestion for either for a gaming PC?

Again it depends. Are you a (professional) graphic designer, photographer, or similar?

If not, there's no point choosing an IPS panel monitor just for the sake of it being IPS. All panels have pros and cons to them. The best thing to do is educate yourself as much as you can on the differences between IPS, VA, and TN, and then research a specific monitor you want, and read as many reviews as you can for it. Big box stores like best buy are a pretty decent place to check out the newer models in person.

I actually prefer VA based panels after using them for about the past 10 years or so. My use is mainly , document reading for work, movies, games, web browsing, and surfing. For these activities VA is superb.

But back to the OP, this is a good deal... I am thinking about giving this a whirl, should the price come back.

kingk: I would be using it for the same reasons you mentioned.document reading for work, movies, games, web browsing, and surfing I currently have a Intel Core i5‑4690K @4.6ghz w/16g of ram, ssd, and asus 970 GPU. What would be best to pair up with this? I mainly think to get IPS due to the great colors it outputs. But if there is a next gen monitor with poppy vibrant colors that is awesome lmk I would like to order something before this year is over. Ive been eyeing the Asus Rog 27 but it just seems to be priced abit too high..

The colors on the ROG Swift will be nowhere near as good, but that's the one to get if it's speed you're after. It's all about compromise. I had a 27" 120hz monitor but I'd rather game on the 32" VA BenQ even though it's only 60hz. Others will prefer the Swift. Just have to decide what matters most to you. :)

Your prob right that is why I refuse to get a 120hz bc Ive never seen how much of a difference it will make..But regardless I do not want to go much larger than a 27. So what is the best 27 inch 1440p monitor for gaming in terms of speed/colors just awesomeness & great price? lol

bump what is good monitor to get for gaming in the 27 inch range with awesome colors etc

darn I should have gotten this

stuck with the dell u2713hm a little longer I guess

maybe someone will trade me

Will there be a 27 inch IPS gsync monitor ever? Im @ 23 inch vibe so at least your at a better res =) Looking for a great gaming Monitor 27inch

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back