Customer Has Positive Experience At Best Buy

i picked up a camera lens at bestbuy this weekend. i looked it on bb website before i went to the store to see if it was in stock. it was, priced at 108.99. i go to the store and it rings up at 129.99. i tell the employee that it is 108.99 on the website and he asks if i can show him? really? its your website and i have to look it up for you? so i pull out my phone and show him it is 108.99 and he changes the price for me.

the real problem with this is, if it is 108.99 on their website, why is it ringing up as 129.99 in store? that is complete bs, and if youre not paying attention you will over pay.

Bestbuy got busted for this bullshit years ago and was supposed to knock if off.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/03/best-buys-secret-intranet-site-exposed/

http://consumerist.com/2007/02/09/b...e-shows-different-prices-than-public-website/

http://www.communitelligence.com/blps/article.cfm?page=417

http://www.wisebread.com/best-buy-scamming-customers-with-intranet-updated

Before everyone had usable web access in their pockets, BB would intentionally bait-and-switch people with this exact same scenario. But they got sued and now they will at least honor their own prices. But if you didn't have your phone with you, then you probably would have left the store pissed and empty handed. But make no mistake, this is still the same bait-and-switch bullshit that they've done in the past, and it's plainly obvious that they will still try to screw you in every crevice they can get access to.

Exactly. They had a special "internal network" that would show a different Best Buy website with higher prices if you used any of their display computers connected to the network. That was some dirty shit.

Exactly. They had a special "internal network" that would show a different Best Buy website with higher prices if you used any of their display computers connected to the network. That was some dirty shit.

Haha that website is immortal!

First I used to print off the BB adds and bring them in, which would shock the hell out of the store manager when I demanded a price match no their own website! Then the managers started comparing the printoffs to their "in store" website and wouldn't take the price match! total ass.

But I have also had some pretty good experiences at BB, buying my TV was extremely easy, the rep was mad I didn't buy their expensive monster cables but didn't say a word.

I see all of the negative comments about Best Buy, but I have never had a negative experience with them. Granted their sales staff are a bunch of kids with no technical experience, but if you know what you are looking for then it is a relatively experience. I have returned several times that I didn't like (tablets and cameras) and they refunded my money without any hassles. Maybe I was lucky, but somehow I think a lot of people like to pile on when people start bashing someone or something.

I was buying a video card on clearance at a best buy the other day and I had a $50 gift card. I changed my mind and decided to get another card and in process I accidentally dropped my card on the floor. Well turns out a customer found the card and told the cashier they found it. The cashier ran after the last person that checked out and gave it to them. That person was dishonest and kept the card. When I went back up to check out I could not found my card so I asked the cashier if anyone found it. Immediately the cashier felt horrible and called his manager. They went ahead and took $50 off the card and price matched to amazon prime. BB FTW!

..but if you know what you are looking for then it is a relatively (?) experience.

In other words, if you don't require the staff to do what they are paid to do for you then everything is fine and dandy? And you can't deny that they will try and take advantage of you if you don't already know what you are looking for. But yes, we are just all piling on the "shit-on-Best Buy" wagon, right? There is plenty of documented history detailing why Best Buy sucks.

I have returned several times that I didn't like (tablets and cameras) and they refunded my money without any hassles.

Any major retailer will take stuff back, including electronics, within reason. You didn't get "lucky".

Back