Custom Water Block?

phantommaggot

Weaksauce
Anyone making completely custom water blocks for GPUs these days?

Looking to upgrade the entire system or at a minimum the case and gpu (looking to get smaller and neater)

Was hoping to find someone or a company that would be willing to help me get a custom block for whatever card I get so that I can build the way I want..

Thanks guys

Anyone making completely custom water blocks for GPUs these days?

Looking to upgrade the entire system or at a minimum the case and gpu (looking to get smaller and neater)

Was hoping to find someone or a company that would be willing to help me get a custom block for whatever card I get so that I can build the way I want..

Thanks guys

No one I know of makes one off blocks. The time for r&d/making one would you know costs more than one could reasonably expect to pay for a custom block. What do you mean by build "way" you want? I assume the blocks that might be interest in are core only blocks which are versatile and mostly gpu agnostic.

Shouldn't be too much though really.
The idea would be setting the gpu block up as a sort of distro block with input and output at the power side of the card. Just use the dead space on the power end of the block for a little res and/or input/output area.

Also, I want to mount it upside down with a riser. With direct into the plexi connectors. No weird block hanging off the side of the card

So, you'd end up with input on the power end of the card, flow through the card, out and up into the processor block. Through the cpu block back into the gpu, for a parallel look on the tubing, flow back through the gpu and exit on the power side.

When you want to get to that level of deep customization, you have no choice but to either spend big $$ on shops that'll hopefully make your one-off design without messing it up the first time around, or you go all in and buy the CNC equipment so that you can make it yourself. I'd personally go the second route, but that's because I enjoy that kind of work and would find use in the machinery for lots of other things, including custom gun stuff.

Shouldn't be too much though really.
The idea would be setting the gpu block up as a sort of distro block with input and output at the power side of the card. Just use the dead space on the power end of the block for a little res and/or input/output area.

Also, I want to mount it upside down with a riser. With direct into the plexi connectors. No weird block hanging off the side of the card

So, you'd end up with input on the power end of the card, flow through the card, out and up into the processor block. Through the cpu block back into the gpu, for a parallel look on the tubing, flow back through the gpu and exit on the power side.

Why? The gpu block is the most restrictive block in a loop and would make a bad distribution point. That said, I still don't get why, other than maybe cuz you want to? And as the post above alluded to, its gonna cost a grip cuz no company is gonna bother doing it unless it pays for them to do so. Rapid prototyping cost money!

Why? The gpu block is the most restrictive block in a loop and would make a bad distribution point. That said, I still don't get why, other than maybe cuz you want to? And as the post above alluded to, its gonna cost a grip cuz no company is gonna bother doing it unless it pays for them to do so. Rapid prototyping cost money!
IMO, it wouldn't change much.

Instead of the water coming in the side of the block and being forced above and through the grid (think EK blocks) the water could be pushed right down over the grid like a CPU block. The channels and fins could easily be made a little deeper or channeled into the top of the plexi.

Uggh, I forgot photobucket went full greed monster.. I'd upload a pic but I need a new service to upload .. smh

sorry, I got held up with some life stuff.. but yea...

Attachments

• p-0165_ekint_ek_classic_shop_gpu_nickel_plexi_front_.jpg
    p-0165_ekint_ek_classic_shop_gpu_nickel_plexi_front_.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
Back