Custom thumbnails?

karkas

Weaksauce
Windows XP: Does anyone know how to set a custom .jpg thumbnail to iso files?

You'll need to convert your jpg to an icon format.

From any explorer window, go to the Tools menu, Folder options, File Types, locate ISO from the list, Advanced, Change icon. You also might need to clear your shell icon cache.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I want to apply any thumbnail jpg to my iso files (they are movie iso's and want the thumbnail to be of the movie's dvd cover).

Thanks in advance

same process i would think, it will just take a hell of a lot of time, although i dont know if you can make a unique picture for file, or only for format, eg, all .iso will have the same pic.

Well, thumbnails will automatically display for jpg & pdf. I can't image it can't be done for any file...

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I want to apply any thumbnail jpg to my iso files (they are movie iso's and want the thumbnail to be of the movie's dvd cover).
Like the example below, with a couple of modifications if you don't mind using shortcuts (you can create the shortcut in the same script using more code). There doesn't seem to be an easy way to apply the same trick directly on the ISO. You could do it manually, but you'll still need to convert the jpg to an icon format. :p Icons are icons, not arbitrary pictures in any format you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/aug05/hey0812.mspx

Well, thumbnails will automatically display for jpg & pdf. I can't image it can't be done for any file...
You could always write a shell extension to do that to an ISO which can contain just about anything. :p I'm sure a lot of people would love that. There's always software behind something cool.

Back