Custom Resolutions for overscan correct working now with 8800 and Vista?

dborden

Limp Gawd
Can anyone confirm for me that custom resolutions are now working properly with vista for correcting overscan when connected to an HD Television?

This problem was out there for a long time and I can't seem to find confirmation that it has been resolved in recent drivers.

Can anyone confirm?

It's been hit and miss for me. I know i used to be able to get a true 1:1 output to my Westy, but those days have been over for many driver releases. I don't know how to fix the overscan issue.

EDIT: I don't know how i fixed it. I downloaded nVidia's overscan util and despite two reboots, the problem was still evident. I just kept applying 1080p, forcing no scaling, and somehow the settings stuck. Definitely still flaky.

Also, resizing the desktop never works.Sure, overscan is corrected but then text becomes fuzzy (as if non-native res) even if using the "do not scale" option.

Try drivers 163.75 I had a overscan issue with the newest drivers these fixed the problem automatically.

I figured out how i managed to fix the aspect ratio: switch to another video mode on my TV, and then switch right back to DVI2. Not the most ideal fix, but whatever, it works.

Back