MVC-007S.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

MVC-010S.JPG

hard drive bracket is made . still trying to make a few more items

MVC-011S.JPG

MVC-012S.JPG

MVC-013S.JPG

Outstanding job there Jen - very impressive!

The case is coming together vey nicely - will you be water cooling the video card as well?

None of the older pics of the assembled system showed any detail about the video card side.

dworley said:
Outstanding job there Jen - very impressive!

The case is coming together vey nicely - will you be water cooling the video card as well?

None of the older pics of the assembled system showed any detail about the video card side.

was thinking of water cooling video card but am worried that radiator wouldnt be big enough to cool both cpu and video card. just dont know

will have more pictures soon that will show video card in place and watercooling .

going to try today to make a few more items , hopeing i can add a rheobus inside of case to control fan voltage , speed.

also am thinking of useing a small heatsink i recieved for this new dfi matx board for the northbridge.

hugs

Jen

A dual 80mm radiator will be handle the cpu and the gpu. While the temperatures might not be ideal and you might not get as high an overclock, it will be able to keep both components well within their operating range.

sold my video card this morning so i can pay some bills . will have to use the onboard video till i can afford a 7900 GT

MVC-011S.JPG

sabrewolf732 said:

thank you

tomorrow should have system back to working , at the moment am makeing certain there is no leaks or air in line.

will then begin testing this 165 opteron and see how much it can overclock . and what tempature i end up with .

sorry for all the delays in this , first motherboard had a mishap . then i had to wait on replacement

waiting still for my WD 400GB RE2 drive , and also will be placeing in a 620 watt enermax liberty which i bought for a good bargain.

hugs

Jen

sabrewolf732 said:
lol just noticed I have the same fan on my northbridge as well.

friend sent me the fan with heatsink , was going to use both on the northbridge till i found out the heatsink was to big . so i used the fan only

have machine working today with the 165 opteron , testing now

idles at 27c , load at 37c this at 2340mhz 1.4 volts . my goal is to try for 2600 to 2700 . time will tell if this chip can do it

hugs

Jen

Very nice... I wonder how well it does on air... I like the look of it, but does it not have any sides?

xeefus said:
Very nice... I wonder how well it does on air... I like the look of it, but does it not have any sides?

has sides made of metal which i havent placed on to case yet . am waiting on a wd 400 gb re2 drive . once i have this drive i can then finish up the case

have been also thinking of useing a black ice pro iii radiator on top of case . this radiator uses three 120mm fans . would do wonders on keeping everything cool . and it would make this case very silent . i may even be able to use radiator passive , without fans

Jen

hmm any way to get rid of the suspension of the bip3? would look better w/o suspension imo. Your temps are gonna own :eek:

sabrewolf732 said:
hmm any way to get rid of the suspension of the bip3? would look better w/o suspension imo. Your temps are gonna own :eek:

case looks better than the camera can show , i do need another camera to show how nice this looks this way . i could lower the radiator but that would require cutting up the top.

RadCliffeX said:
Sweet Machine

Make me a custom one some day :D

thank you

i have a custom micro cube case for sale on these forums. it was my previous case to this one

hugs

Jen

Jen said:
case looks better than the camera can show , i do need another camera to show how nice this looks this way . i could lower the radiator but that would require cutting up the top.

thank you

i have a custom micro cube case for sale on these forums. it was my previous case to this one

hugs

Jen
oh ok, you should try to incorporate some type of handle I think so you can show it off easily at lans :p

sabrewolf732 said:
oh ok, you should try to incorporate some type of handle I think so you can show it off easily at lans :p

reason for building this was to have something on the desktop without takeing up alot space. i use this machine mainly for encodeing videos and the occasionally gameing. havent ever been to a lan meeting , dont plan on to

hugs

Jen

Jen said:
reason for building this was to have something on the desktop without takeing up alot space. i use this machine mainly for encodeing videos and the occasionally gameing. havent ever been to a lan meeting , dont plan on to

hugs

Jen

:eek: , but they're so much fun :eek:

sabrewolf732 said:
:eek: , but they're so much fun :eek:

i have enjoyed building this case . i have upgraded from onboard video to a connect3d x800 gto2 (570/570 16p) video card . with the 165 opteron at 2800 this system is doing everything i ask of it and more.

hugs

Jen

The case are very cool, but i tink you can put them better.
If you paint the case in the interior, it will be better, some imperfection will be desapear.
Good luck!

Just found this thread!

That case is really impressive. I don't know if you documented the project anywhere, but how much of it is from scatch? Did you actually weld the frame together? I'm just curious what kind of resources it required.

Great finish overall :)

veek said:
Just found this thread!

That case is really impressive. I don't know if you documented the project anywhere, but how much of it is from scatch? Did you actually weld the frame together? I'm just curious what kind of resources it required.

Great finish overall :)

one item i required was a motherboard tray with backport atx plate . rest of case was built by me. some welding was required along with the use of silicone to adhere the panels to the frame. this process has worked very well for this and it does stay cool with use of fans at 5 volt.

my 165 opteron is overclocked to 2.8 with 36 hr stability of prime 95 .

i have even consider makeing another case which would be wider for a full size motherboard , right now though i am very happy with the matx board i am useing

hugs

Jen

Back