Custom Massdrop Drop Alt Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w Lubed Switches & New Stabs

That sounds like it would be mushy.

Honestly the Halo True are a mediocre switch anyways, I'd expect most people to pick up some Yok Panda and turn them into Holy Trash Pandas. As is, its not mushy, but the lube does smooth out the switch.

Honestly the Halo True are a mediocre switch anyways, I'd expect most people to pick up some Yok Panda and turn them into Holy Trash Pandas. As is, its not mushy, but the lube does smooth out the switch.

Well the talk about lube and foam made me think the switch might be mushy.

Well the talk about lube and foam made me think the switch might be mushy.
Lubing switches is a pretty common practice in the custom mechanical keyboard scene and the foam is beneath the PCB and just is there to take up space and take care of any hollow sound.

Lubing switches is a pretty common practice in the custom mechanical keyboard scene and the foam is beneath the PCB and just is there to take up space and take care of any hollow sound.

Never lubed any switches on my mechanical keyboards. I've never felt a need to.

Never lubed any switches on my mechanical keyboards. I've never felt a need to.
Check out some of the custom keyboard makers like Taeha Types and Mechmerlin, or on youtube wildcat. Until I started to lube and mod stabs, I never realized how annoying rattily stabilizers were or how it improved the feel/sound of switches.

Back