Custom Desktop Computer for sale i7 4790k...

Status
Not open for further replies.
price dropped
How about selling the parts separately? I am looking for an open test bench and I am interested in using that case as a test bench, but I am looking for something cheap so since its broken I might be interested.

Last edited:
FYI: It's not selling due to the price.

A complete 4790 system is 400$ or less currently.
+30 ish for the SSD
+100ish for the GPU
+25 for the lights (being generous)
+25 for the Cooler

+50 (maybe) for shipping

so, I'd expect that rig of yours to be under 650$ or so all said and done.

FYI: It's not selling due to the price.

A complete 4790 system is 400$ or less currently.
+30 ish for the SSD
+100ish for the GPU
+25 for the lights (being generous)
+25 for the Cooler

+50 (maybe) for shipping

so, I'd expect that rig of yours to be under 650$ or so all said and done.

Yeah look I wish I could sell this pc a lot lower like $660 but nope. Ebay and PayPal fees are to blame :(

How about selling the parts separately? I am looking for an open test bench and I am interested in using that case as a test bench, but I am looking for something cheap so since its broken I might be interested.

Hmm Perhaps I could sell parts separately.

Maybe rebuild it in a new case and use the built-in video so you can offer a system with no broken parts.
Sell it as a high-performance home/office system instead of a gaming system.

And put Windows 10 on it.

Last edited:
"The doors on the case are broken don't stay in place and the video card acts weird sometimes fans spin loudly and the fans are not silent all the time so to speak."

I'd part it out. The auction makes it sound pretty plainly like you are selling a broken PC.

>>Please keep in mind I have to pay for shipping & fees from ebay & paypal.

Buyers don't care what your costs or losses are.
If it's over priced, it won't sell.

Broken stuff is always over priced unless it's free.
I have some broken stuff, wanna buy it for top dollar?

Buyers don't care what your costs or losses are.
If it's over priced, it won't sell.

Broken stuff is always over priced unless it's free.
I have some broken stuff, wanna buy it for top dollar?

The computer isn't entirely broken geez. Just the doors & the graphics card are broken. The computer boots up fine & is still a beast in 2017 .

The computer isn't entirely broken geez. Just the doors & the graphics card are broken. The computer boots up fine & is still a beast in 2017 .

It may be a beast for what you do with it, however the specs are very underwhelming for the requested price. A new and much faster (non broken) PC can be built for about the same price.

The longer you don't sell the system, the less it will be worth. It's a tough situation.

>>Just the doors & the graphics card are broken.

LOL..... dude....

Broken is broken. Do you often go shopping for and buy broken stuff?

Not picking on you but your approach on this is wrong, and you have not been successful in selling the equipment.
You need to understand human nature and what people will buy. You need to offer something that people want.
Just offering something for sale doesn't make anybody want it.

High priced broken stuff will not sell. Nobody cares what your costs and losses are.
Trying to sell broken stuff also indicates how the equipment was cared for.

As other posts have said, your best bet is to part it out to make back as much as you can.
A 4790K CPU still sells for a good buck and shipping is almost nothing on that.

Scrap the broken parts, they will not sell for much if anything at all.

You can try selling broken stuff as "Not working, parts or repair" on Ebay but then the
buyers complain the stuff doesn't work. Had it happen myself with clearly posted
condition of the parts. It's not worth the hassle.

I agree, that total system is WAY overpriced. You need to part it out.

$4790k - $250-275
GPU - If you admit it acts "weird" then no one will buy it. LOL
SSD - $25
Power Supply - $40
Motherboard - <$50
H60 - <$50.
Case - almost worthless broken
500gb spinner - almost worthless

As a total system, you wouldn't get $500 based on the GPU, case condition, and the value of the other remaining components.
Dude, you're asking almost $800. Did you even try to add up the value of the components or did you just think, hmmm $800 sounds nice?

I'm not being mean, but you're about 50% overprice. Might as well keep the system and swap out the video card, get a new case, upgrade the RAM, etc, and call it a day.

The majority of items on eBay are overpriced. It take patience and a bit of luck to score a deal these days.

Whoa. Locally that system would probably only fetch $500 if the GPU was fully functional(and that's being generous! It's probably more like $400 ish and you will still get tons of people offering WAY less and then telling you off when you decline! LMFAO). My local listings in and around Houston are so freaking swamped with systems that nothing sells for what it's worth! Take it apart and try that route but these days a older but complete system doesn't fetch the dollar amount it should! Maybe 10 months back I was trying to sell two system locally and I lost $100 ish on the i7 build and $50 ish on the i5 build! Took months but I finally caved and took the loss! Never again! And I would have lost even more money if I had to buy the windows 10 keys for full price! I just bought windows 7 keys on hard forum for $10 and upgraded. I was just trying to get rid of some parts but after buying other parts to fully assemble the PC's and adding in the used value of the parts I already had I lost money lol

Last edited:
I'm selling this computer to a good home. I have no use for this computer anymore it's taking up space in my room. This computer boots up & shuts down very snappy thanks to SSD. This computer has 6 usb 3.0 ports & 4 usb 2.0 ports. This computer is not entirely broken. This computer still works excellent. I was able to play games such as Assassins Creed Black Flag or Burnout Paradise with no issues. The only slight issues with the computer are the doors on the case are broken they don't stay in place & the video card acts weird sometimes fans spin loudly & the fans are not silent all the time. Please keep in mind I have to pay for shipping & fees from ebay & paypal. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162475351673

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think you can easily sell this system if you price it appropriately. Right now you are just burning money on eBay fees.

Last edited:
That's the issue with this type of gear. New stuff comes out all the time and when you do sell your gear you take a huge loss if you bought it all new when it was the latest tech! You just have to bite the bullet, look up the actual value of each part and price accordingly! But even then if you want to sell it all together you would have to price under the the total individual values to get it sold as a bundle. It's still over priced

Yep, it's called the bleeding edge for a reason. I decided long ago to never buy top end. These days I scour eBay and other sources for gear that will meet my needs and not gear that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling/bragging rights. My latest Creation is a Ubuntu-MATE box that's cobbled together from deals. For example, I found a Fractal Design case that included a 650w Thermaltake PSU and a DVD writer for 69 bucks delivered. The picks on eBay looked pretty bad as there was tape residue on the front door but in person it didn't look near as bad and cleaned up nicely. The MB is an Intel Desktop boards from a eBay seller who's known for accepting low ball offers. Got it for 25 bucks. It has USB 3.0, DDR3, and I think it's a socket LGA 1155. etc. etc.

Jesus, people here have tried to help you price accordingly...

Maybe I can give you perspective.

I bought a 4790, 16gb RAM, r9 270 GPU, 1tb HDD system for $330 shipped just a week ago. I use it as my main machine. Yes it's still a good machine nowadays, but for a tag of $770, I could even buy a used 1080 for ~$400, sell my R9 270, and still spend less than what you're asking for a 4790k/R9 270 system

The best anyone here will say is good luck, because I have a 100% guarantee anyone who is on these forums will not pay the price you're asking

It's been 5 months and still hasn't sold.

OP doesn't get it. He thinks the buyers should mind of his ebay, paypal and shipping fees. Which is funny because it is him using ebay services to list his product, his choice of using paypal as a payment method, and he offer free shipping.

Looking through OP's previous threads and posts... there isn't any way to talk any sense into him.

Also... what was the point in pairing up a i7 4790K with a H97I-Plus? Kinda pointless picking up a K-chip and replacing the motherboard with a Z97 iTX is pretty expensive now-a-days.

Broken computer with the wrong board which an expensive cost to get the right board makes this even a worst buy at $770.

Crap.... my final offer of $55 was declined.

I really wanted a not entirely broken computer too.

Sad panda. :panda: :cry:

ETA: BTW OP..... I just sold a used video card on Ebay for close to what a new one costs on Amazon.
My shipping charge made it a really close total compared to Amazon's shipped price for a new one.

Wanna know how I did that? Answer: It's current equipment in like new condition and it's NOT BROKEN.
It's something that people want and even though priced high it was acceptable in the market. It sold.

Just one more quick note.... there was a brand new case for $20 shipped this week in [H]ot Deals.

You could have put your parts in that brand new case and pulled out the broken GPU (use the mobo video).
That would have made a much more attractive offer on Ebay, it might have sold for $400+ or so.
Maybe a bit higher if you made a really good package offer, Windows 10, software, etc. and did a good
job on the Ebay post.

ETA2: One more important point.... I LOST MONEY on the video card. I did NOT get back what I paid
for it new and didn't expect to. If I had posted it for what I paid, it would never ever sell. Ever.

Last edited:
Just a sales class 101 kind of a thing.....

Change the buy now price to $699.
It's only $11 less and it makes the first digit a "6".

Psychologically to the buyer, it's a much lower number.

Jesus, people here have tried to help you price accordingly...

Maybe I can give you perspective.

I bought a 4790, 16gb RAM, r9 270 GPU, 1tb HDD system for $330 shipped just a week ago. I use it as my main machine. Yes it's still a good machine nowadays, but for a tag of $770, I could even buy a used 1080 for ~$400, sell my R9 270, and still spend less than what you're asking for a 4790k/R9 270 system

The best anyone here will say is good luck, because I have a 100% guarantee anyone who is on these forums will not pay the price you're asking

Completely agree. Just sold my 1080 FE to someone on Reddit for $380 and I still had to pay for shipping so OP whether you like it or not you are going to lose no matter what. That's the issue with selling tech. I personally never buy used tech unless it is a extremely good deal I just can't pass up which has yet to happen. It also doesn't happen to help that you say something is broken and trying to sell it for $699. It will never sell for that and the people on these forums know it.

If you want to try and mitigate your seller fees (which are fucking ridiculous on eBay) then try going to Reddit to the r/HardwareSwap sub and try to sell your parts there. I just sold a bunch of stuff on there and saved a shit ton by not having to deal with eBay's fees.

One last thing to remember OP, the longer you keep the pricing at what it is and the longer it sits around not selling the older the parts get and less likely those parts are going to sell.

Ok, if you were selling this system to me, why would I buy that system when I can get a kaby lake i5 system with a 1060 in it for $800

What is so special about this older setup? I dont buy things from people who tell me they need the money and charge me double value. Other people ... on eBay ... are selling kaby lake systems as I suggested right there on eBay for what you're asking, and I'm sure they aren't exempt from eBay fees. If you don't like the fees, simple, don't sell there.

I'm picturing OP to be a kid who talked Mom & Dad into lending him $750 for a new computer
with the idea that he would get their money back by selling his "not entirely broken" old computer.

Now reality is setting in that he's going to need to deliver pizzas to make back the money.
Nobody seems to want his $710.00 "not entirely broken" old computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back