Custom 3D WoW Character Statues

CodeX

2[H]4U
This is awesome, you can get your specific character from WoW including all the gear you are wearing turned into a custom hand painted statue

http://www.blizzplanet.com/news/1893/

gnome.jpg
paladin-figure-prints.jpg

I do have to admit, that is really cool. Smart too since gear is always changing.. so that company will get lots of business from happy customers :D

That is really cool. I'd get one made of my old rogue, retired it about a year ago, but the 3 years or so that I spent playing it was the most fun I have ever had in any video game.

That is really cool. I'd get one made of my old rogue, retired it about a year ago, but the 3 years or so that I spent playing it was the most fun I have ever had in any video game.

yeah same just retired from playing with my undead priest, I assume they cant portray he was shadow could they :(

Its only if you get a "golden ticket." Its a cool idea.

the golden ticket gets you a free one if I'm not mistaken.

They're site fingerprints.com make me pretty sure any one can order one.
don't know how they'll do some of the better looking items though. lots of glowy, shiny, floaty goodness or weapons/armor with moving parts.

I'd buy one of Arthas/Illidan ( preferably the one from the cinematic, the one in game looks ...plump.)

I suppose it was only a matter of time, WoW really is taking over the earth....

Imagine other MMO companies doing the same thing. Something we'll see in the coming future I suspect.

This would make for an excellent exam question. Is this licensed? Can this company do this without a license from Blizzard?

It seems to me that a statue might be a derivative work in which case Blizzard would probably have to provide a license. Further they are using the WoW logo which might be trademark infringement.

In any event it is a great idea.

They're site fingerprints.com make me pretty sure any one can order one.

First, it's "their." Second, the site is figureprints.com.

This would make for an excellent law school IP exam question. Is this licensed? Can this company do this without a license from Blizzard?

It seems to me that a statue might be a derivative work in which case Blizzard would have to provide a license. Further they are using the WoW logo which might be trademark infringement.

In the bottom right corner of the site is a large "Licensed Blizzard Entertainment Product" logo.

:rolleyes:

300 dollars, if I'm not mistaken.......that's real dollars, not virtual gold.

Astounding.......not trying to flame here......but shit, I cant believe people are this into a game.:eek:

Hmm, pretty cool, although I'd prefer if they were life-size, and shaped out of marble.

"How much do they cost?

$99.95 plus $14.95 Shipping and Handling to any address in the US and Canada."

life size would be pretty funny...and just bit more than cost than what they say in the link.

Back