Currently have Dell P991...Upgrade CRT or keep old one??

afropuff

Limp Gawd
Hello All,

I currently have a Dell Trinitron P991. It is 19 inches.

I have this problem with the monitor:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=392396&postcount=454

One of the members fixed their CRT and I can probably do the same with mine for about $18 for the service cable off ebay.

I know, however, that my monitor is kind of old. I am wondering what you guys would suggest as far as possibly upgrading to a newer CRT monitor or just try to fix the one I have now.

I was looking on Azatek.com and I think I would probably go with the Sony G520 as an upgrade to my current monitor because it is a little bit bigger and I believe newer monitor technology. I use the monitor mainly for gaming so I'm sticking with CRT and not wanting an LCD.

So what do you think should I do???

Thanks!!

-fro

I'd buy the cable and the G520, then fix the P991 and sell it on craigslist or keep as a backup monitor.

Deetox said:
I'd buy the cable and the G520, then fix the P991 and sell it on craigslist or keep as a backup monitor.

Does the G520 offer any improvements in image quality or would it basically be a 21 inch version of the one I currently have?

Yeah i can pretty much guarentee the G520 will look better. Mainly because of the 3 picture effect modes, those are great for movies and gaming.

Deetox said:
Yeah i can pretty much guarentee the G520 will look better. Mainly because of the 3 picture effect modes, those are great for movies and gaming.

nm

-fro

Back