Current state of AMD Drivers July 2019?

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
I'm currently waiting for the RX 5600 or equivalent product to be released. Typically like to hop back to AMD every few years but what ends up pushing me back towards Nvdia are the drivers. How have AMD's current drivers been as of late? Anyone having any issues or new 5700 owners how are you feeling about them?

Has the settings interface been improving?

Thanks for your input.

The AMD driver interface is really nice. They did a makeover on the UI a few years ago and it is very modern.

However, some of the menus can be limited or not have all the same options as Nvidia. But overall it is functional and stable.

Sometimes there are strange bugs at first, I noticed a black flickering when using the new 5700 XT and Afterburner, but AMD does continually release fixes.

All in all though, I wouldn't worry too much about the drivers. They are fine and while there are issues, it is not like Nvidia is devoid of issues, so it kind of evens out.

Reactions: DrDoU
like this
I've been having some issues with assassin's Creed Odyssey. I might try to DDU the drivers and then reinstall. It is usually when it is coming out of a cut scene.

5700XT

Back