Current AMD free game promo - end date?

I play a lot of games that's why I'm so opinionated. I've been playing since late 80s. I've seen great games turn into modern openworld shit games and it feels like it was just yesterday that we had massively epic games that took creativity to new levels, to the modern era where games are just pieced together with glue and hope. It seems that the contemporary generation of gamers have such low standards of expectations that devs equally develop heaps of shit just to appease the minimal expectations of these so called gamers.

Games used to be offensive, grungy, non politically correct, non open world, linear with intense story lines that sucked you in literally. You felt for the characters, you hated the characters, you became part of the story, you were emotionally involved. Now they just have an infinite weapon generator with an infinite mission generator that makes you raid camps all day with no evolving storyline, no OH MY GOD what just happened, what's next or how can I really overcome this obstacle.

Nope...games are for the most part rapidly developed toilet bowl quality consoles ported to PC. I guess the standards of yesteryear retired with the great developers of yesteryear.

You asked I answered. But hey it's not all negative, a few really good games come out from time to time. But it's very very rare indeed and feel it may be getting rarer.

Hey man just an opinion. Maybe I'm just getting cynical. That's always a possibility.
I don't agree totally but there is indeed a purposeful dumbing down for the wider audience. One playtest I saw a focus group testing of a new action game. You began in a room and had to walk out to the main hall. However there was no mission objective saying to open the door.

Of the teens testing, none figured out to walk up to the door and try opening it. After five minutes each, they were baffled and told what to do. The next iteration of beta had a notice in your quest tracker saying "open the door" and the teens didn't fail.

This was several years ago, so I am sure the seeds were planted at most companies that gamers needed handholding more than past games. The tests bore out the truth: they were right! :(

I ordered a 3600x Cyber Monday. Chip Arrived 2 days later,still no codes from Amazon as of Dec 25th.
Same. Been over a week for me. Amazon rep said they would get back to me within 2-3 business days, that was on saturday. So hopefully by the end of the week.....

3 days to get the codes from Newegg, FWIW. Bought a 2700 for a mini ITX project.

Gave the XGP trial to a friend who's broke af and now can mess around with that for 3 months. (I already have XGP)

just as a heads up to anyone who ordered from amazon recently and hasn't received their code, you might not.

After 10 days of waiting they said the only free thing my 2700x would include is 3 months of xbox sub.

just as a heads up to anyone who ordered from amazon recently and hasn't received their code, you might not.

After 10 days of waiting they said the only free thing my 2700x would include is 3 months of xbox sub.

Contact AMD about that?

Chatted with amazon support and they said that is known issue and they are waiting on codes for the games. They are supposed to email me when they get more codes and said will be 2-5 days. So fingers crossed.

Contact AMD about that?
Not spending anymore time with these reps.

Chatted with amazon support and they said that is known issue and they are waiting on codes for the games. They are supposed to email me when they get more codes and said will be 2-5 days. So fingers crossed.
good luck sir. They had me wait 2-3 days twice before sending me the Xbox code.

Back