Current AMD free game promo - end date?

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I'm in the market for a new 3600 CPU and was going to hold out until Black Friday to see if Micro Center had any good promos. However, I really want The Outer Worlds and it's free if I buy the chip now. Does anyone know how much longer the promo is going to last for this?

Thanks!

I'm in the market for a new 3600 CPU and was going to hold out until Black Friday to see if Micro Center had any good promos. However, I really want The Outer Worlds and it's free if I buy the chip now. Does anyone know how much longer the promo is going to last for this?

Thanks!

I just saw on NE that the 3900x promo ends on 12/31. I would think that the others are a similar timeframe.

I think my 3900x came with an xbox promo game. Pretty cool since I don't have an xbox.

Thanks!

Outer worlds is..... ok I'm gonna leave it at that.

It really needs some serious work in graphic engine smoothness. Also combat system is horrendous. Just awful.

I have a 2080ti and 3900x. Absolutely elite high end for games and the microstutter is so awful i want to vomit after 20 mins.

I think my 3900x came with an xbox promo game. Pretty cool since I don't have an xbox.

It came with xbox gamepass for PC subscription
It Includes outerworlds.
And Hundreds of other games.

Last edited:
Oh, yes, that sounds familiar. I haven't looked into any of that. I probably won't have time in the near future either. Oh well.

I just ordered a 3600 from newegg. How do i get the promo? Package should be delivered today

Did anyone order through Amazon and receive their "Raise the Game" game codes/email? Chatted with Amazon about an hour through 15 people and no one had a clue.

Did anyone order through Amazon and receive their "Raise the Game" game codes/email? Chatted with Amazon about an hour through 15 people and no one had a clue.

I got mine. They came in a separate email from Amazon. One code was for the games and one code was for the Xbox 3 month subscription.

Guess I'll struggle through their chat again. Double checked my email account, no message.

just make sure you get your system built pretty quick. you cant claim the games till you download and run their verification tool to make sure you have the parts installed. and for some reason i thought you had to claim by 12/20? I got a 3800x so i got Borderlands 3 and Outerworlds. BL3 is awesome especially if you're a BL fan. Haven't even dl'd outerworlds yet. wasn't really worried about that one. was gonna sell it for cheap but like i said they make you use that dumb verification tool before they'll let you claim it.

Bought the 2700x from Amazon and includes Outerworlds and xbox pass. This is for my htpc though. Is there a way to get the games loaded on gaming pc or only able to load on the htpc that will have the 2700x?

Bought the 2700x from Amazon and includes Outerworlds and xbox pass. This is for my htpc though. Is there a way to get the games loaded on gaming pc or only able to load on the htpc that will have the 2700x?
I'm in the same boat as you. Motherboard arrives Friday and I'll be doing this.

I think we will just run some AMD hardware verification software on our htpc and it will generate a key that we can use with the appropriate launcher to activate and install bl3 or outerworlds. After that the game will be linked to our account and we can play from any computer we want.

I've never done this before though so I don't know.

Just an FYI that if you get the XGP free 3 months TOW is available to play thru that. So if youre about to keep using XGP you dont need to redeem the TOW code.

Personally I like XGP so far and will sub for a while to come, playing TOW thru that as my current game.

Outer worlds is..... ok I'm gonna leave it at that.

It really needs some serious work in graphic engine smoothness. Also combat system is horrendous. Just awful.

I have a 2080ti and 3900x. Absolutely elite high end for games and the microstutter is so awful i want to vomit after 20 mins.

Plays super smooth for me with a RTX2070. Zero complaints. Zero stutters. Looks fantastic.

Plays super smooth for me with a RTX2070. Zero complaints. Zero stutters. Looks fantastic.

Yeah maybe on bare minimum. I have a 2080ti and at the time a 3900x. Ultra in 3440x1440 was micro stuttering like it was having a seizure

Yeah maybe on bare minimum. I have a 2080ti and at the time a 3900x. Ultra in 3440x1440 was micro stuttering like it was having a seizure

Why would I play it on bare minimum with a 2070?

Very High preset, 1440p scaled thru driver to a 4k monitor. Or 4k at High preset and get the occasional fps drop in towns or other crowded areas.

Never any micro stutter. /shrug

Why would I play it on bare minimum with a 2070?

Very High preset, 1440p scaled thru driver to a 4k monitor. Or 4k at High preset and get the occasional fps drop in towns or other crowded areas.

Never any micro stutter. /shrug

Its possible they patched the game since I last played it. It may have had the issue before you played, when I was playing, and now you are not experiencing it anymore.

I need to probably just re-activate my xbox pc subscription again and try it a second time. If the microstutter is gone then I am 1000% happy, if not, well I guess there is no loss in the end.

Reactions: Auer
like this
Its possible they patched the game since I last played it. It may have had the issue before you played, when I was playing, and now you are not experiencing it anymore.

I need to probably just re-activate my xbox pc subscription again and try it a second time. If the microstutter is gone then I am 1000% happy, if not, well I guess there is no loss in the end.

I hope you can make it work. It's a good game.

How long does it take for amazon to send a game code for amd processor?

Just spoke to an Amazon rep and they said “rest assured you will receive the code by December 31st”

I want borderlands 3 noooow.

Reactions: Auer
like this
Just spoke to an Amazon rep and they said “rest assured you will receive the code by December 31st”

I want borderlands 3 noooow.

Nice. I'm waiting for Newegg codes atm.

Borderlands? Cartoon with infinite weapons and infinite boredom? You mean they made a 3rd dosage of open world suicidal levels of boredom?

Lame tr didn't come with games

TR shouldnt have come with games, that's a misunderstanding of what a game build is.
That would trivialize and devalue TR3.

TR should have come with Adobe CC month(s), paid Resolve, Matlab, Gitlab, etc.

You play anything or just buy hyper high end hardware?

Honest question

I play a lot of games that's why I'm so opinionated. I've been playing since late 80s. I've seen great games turn into modern openworld shit games and it feels like it was just yesterday that we had massively epic games that took creativity to new levels, to the modern era where games are just pieced together with glue and hope. It seems that the contemporary generation of gamers have such low standards of expectations that devs equally develop heaps of shit just to appease the minimal expectations of these so called gamers.

Games used to be offensive, grungy, non politically correct, non open world, linear with intense story lines that sucked you in literally. You felt for the characters, you hated the characters, you became part of the story, you were emotionally involved. Now they just have an infinite weapon generator with an infinite mission generator that makes you raid camps all day with no evolving storyline, no OH MY GOD what just happened, what's next or how can I really overcome this obstacle.

Nope...games are for the most part rapidly developed toilet bowl quality consoles ported to PC. I guess the standards of yesteryear retired with the great developers of yesteryear.

You asked I answered. But hey it's not all negative, a few really good games come out from time to time. But it's very very rare indeed and feel it may be getting rarer.

Hey man just an opinion. Maybe I'm just getting cynical. That's always a possibility.

Last edited:
I think the offer is 1 game + 3 months of Xbox free pass for 1 time, buyer only for anything AMD big enough (GPU or CPU). Probably anything Ryzen 5 or better and RX 570/580/590/Vega/Radeon VII/5700.

So you can't use the $10 epic coupon on dlc. I think I'll use my amd code on outer worlds then buy the super duper deluxe edition of bl3 with the $10 code.

I had to send AMD a ticket to reset my account so I could use the code for my daughter's new RX 5700 … Now which game do I pick ?

Back