cuplex kryos NEXT with new AM4 Aorus Extreme MB Not fitting

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
The instructions are for all mounts and not very detailed. The AM4 section is for 2066, 2011-3, 2011, AM4 and TR4. It says to reference the picture for the orientation but it’s not a picture of the AM4. It says nothing about the two plastic mounting points already on the motherboard. Guessing you remove them as the bracket on the water block will not fit but if you remove them then the block is free floating on the CPU and that seems dangerous so what the heck?

Even this pic seems to have the orientation wrong.

Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg

Look at the key on the cpu. See the gold triangle. Orient the pic to match your board/cpu, ie. rotate the mounting pic and it is right. Btw with AMD, as you guessed you remove the mounting brackets and typically use the backplate with a block.

Last edited:
thesmokingman beat me to it. I think you are trying to match the block to how "ryzen" is written. The diagram shows the cpu without a heatspreader.

Thanks for the help. I was tired and their pic is odd as it seems the Ryzen Text is just thrown on. But yeah, just rotate their pic 90°. I had to dig up that pic. Here is what the guide had:

CPU.jpg

If you look at the leaver on the socket in the pic it would also be the wrong way. Also, the screws are not long enough so I had to hold down the block with one had and push the first screw really hard to get it started. Not the best instructions or setup but was able to get it working.

Back