Cubitek HPTX Tank

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Vortez have the Cubitek HPTX Tank computer case in house for a little review action today. All I have to say is, with a name like "Tank," it better be impressive.

The Tank series features 3 different designs, we will be taking a look at the biggest of the 3 today - HPTX Tank. As with all the cases in this series, the HPTX Tank is fully aluminium. It is wide, allowing up to 190mm tall CPU coolers to be installed and can house XL-ATX motherboards such as GIGABYTE's G1 Assassin and EVGA's SR-2. Being able to house such big hardware also means long graphics cards can also be installed within the HPTX Tank, in fact up to 340mm of clearance is available!

Still nothing, other than a Mountain Mods case, that allows for an internal water cooling kit. At least there's another case that supports the SR-1 natively (the others being the Mountain Mods cases with HPTX tray and the Lian Li PC-V2120), though some of the modded cases using the Mountain Mods tray are kind of nice but again don't allow for an internal water cooking kit.

never too late to come out with a case for the SR-2 :)

plus, it looks to me like there are multiple internal radiator mounting options in there..

I know people love their all aluminum. I like them as well in certain roles. That role is not one named Tank.

The lack of a removable motherboard tray is disappointing in a case this expensive.

Lol, Yeah he does that but it is better than nothing by a long shot.
No, it really isn't. Rodney Reynolds is a pretty incompetent reviewer, and he gives positive reviews to almost everything he looks at. That's the problem with a lot of reviewers; if they get something for free, they automatically like it. It renders the whole process somewhat useless.

No, it really isn't. Rodney Reynolds is a pretty incompetent reviewer, and he gives positive reviews to almost everything he looks at. That's the problem with a lot of reviewers; if they get something for free, they automatically like it. It renders the whole process somewhat useless.

But what i'm talking about is the ability to see the product and see some of the features on display so that you can form your own opinions, You don't have to listen to what he says if you don't want to.

Another huge case with millions of drive bays.
Workstations are usually connected to a fileserver and dont need all those bays, It would be nice if someone made a compact(as possible) eatx/htpx box

Another huge case with millions of drive bays.
Workstations are usually connected to a fileserver and dont need all those bays, It would be nice if someone made a compact(as possible) eatx/htpx box

I get what you are asking, but I think you are asking for to much. You don't go out and make a case to support the biggest consumer boards out there and make it small. You are then taking a niche market of a niche market, and cutting out your own niche.

I get what you are asking, but I think you are asking for to much. You don't go out and make a case to support the biggest consumer boards out there and make it small. You are then taking a niche market of a niche market, and cutting out your own niche.

I guess i will have to make my own :)

Back