Cubitek ATX-ICE Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club do not, I repeat, do not recommend the Cubitek ATX-ICE case. I believe the reviewer actually called it the "mother-in-law of cases." Ouch.

The most fun I had with it was putting the little wheels on the HDDs and racing them down the hallway. I haven’t HATED a case as much as I hate this one. It was ugly to look at and frustrating to work with. There really isn’t a perfect case out there, but this Cubitek offering was just one problem after another.

None of their cases so far in reviews I have read were worth the money Cubitek wishes people would fork over. What a hunk of junk ? Lian Li at least gets the reputation of somewhat alright, and vastly cheaper non-Japanese (Windy PC, etc) aluminum cases while Cubitek is severely misguided at the least.

You know, I enjoyed reading this review. I'm used to reading reviews for games and such, where the reviewer waits until the very end to write the whole thing so it has a kind of 'flow'.

In this case, it seemed to accurately describe how the review felt at each point of the review. Starting with the box, saying how much they liked it, and then bam, on to the ugliness without foreshadowing. It's funny to me.

this is strange. I love this case, so elegant. how come u guys don't like it?

Did you read the review? When you can hardly build a computer in a $300 case, that's a wee bit of a problem.

$300! that's not much, I have seen some that cost more than $1000. it's a pretty case.

$300! that's not much, I have seen some that cost more than $1000. it's a pretty case.

Yea but...$300 gets you a Case Labs or a Mountain Mods...which are a few leaps in quality over this pile.

Glad to see other sites giving honest reviews and not being afraid to tell it like it is.

Back