CTV News: 'Mysterious' gravitational mass found buried on dark side of moon

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
Something buried on the Dark Side of the moon you say?

A “mysterious” gravitational mass has been discovered on the dark side of the moon buried below a 4-billion-year-old crater.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/mys...s-found-buried-on-dark-side-of-moon-1.4462760

image.png

A cache of these? :D
vlcsnap-2011-04-15-15h36m21s19.jpg

Not to sound too pessimistic, but do you remember Russian space agency saw aliens everywhere too.

I hate to be that guy, but with my bullshit degree in aero and astro, I feel I need to make this comment. There is no dark side of the moon. There is a far side of the moon we never see because the moon is tidally locked with earth. But the other side we don't see does in fact get light from the sun.

Its the monolith! :wideyed:

Or it could be the Ark. Maybe it was buried there after we colonized Earth from Mars.

I hate to be that guy, but with my bullshit degree in aero and astro, I feel I need to make this comment. There is no dark side of the moon. There is a far side of the moon we never see because the moon is tidally locked with earth. But the other side we don't see does in fact get light from the sun.
upload_2019-6-12_12-35-53.png

Dark in the context of "dark side of the moon" refers to it being non-observable.

Listen to the orbiter module tapes and what they saw there. Hardly surprising that something is up there on the hollow moon.

who knew Trasforrmers: Dark side of the moon was prophecy? lololol
it is how the Goverment gets the general population to accept the fact we are not alone. Star trek, transformers, super man, and X-files all got us ready to accept the fact verse shoot or put our dicks in it right away.

I was wondering how long I slept last night when reading that we can now photograph gravity

Yeah,the picture is a topo, they measured gravity with a NASA craft, they also say the mass is pulling the basin floor down another half mile, so maybe that is why they used the Topo.

I just thought it was Fun because it was some kind of anomaly on the Moon (also dark side) that led them to a Monolith in 2001, space odyssey...

Using data from NASA spacecraft, researchers measured the strength of gravity around the moon and observed an “unexpectedly large amount of mass” hundreds of kilometres under the crater. “Whatever it is, wherever it came from,” as researchers put it, the mass is weighing the basin floor downward by more than half a mile, or 0.8 km.

In before the History channel show and 12 seasons of moon dust and space rocks.

They are wondering why people are "cutting cords" by the millions. This why. The History Channel use to be about ................HISTORY.............
And it was one of my favorite channels. Now it is 100% pure garbage with half the program time taken up with advertising. Who wants to pay for that crap?

I do like American Pickers but it seems like that Pawn Stars and Ancient Aliens (which I absolutely despise) are the only things on the History channel in the evening. I have seen enough of all of these shows.

I missed Counting Cars in that list but I have also seen enough of that as well.

Last edited:
I do like American Pickers but it seems like that Pawn Stars and Ancient Aliens (which I absolutely despise) are the only things on the History channel in the evening. I have seen enough of all of these shows.

I missed Counting Cars but I have also seen enough of that as well.

I despise most of the TV car shows. They are the bane of most real car guys. I have a friend that was a champion drag racer in his day; before the days you had to have big sponsors to go racing. He knows a lot of the big names in the aftermarket industry. He was invited to one of those big auctions and they had some of those "TV cars" to be auctioned off. I forgot what TV show he said but it was gas monkey or counting cars, one of those.
He said he looked at the cars close and they were absolute junk. Made to look good on the outside, but junk otherwise.

Last edited:
I was wondering how long I slept last night when reading that we can now photograph gravity

They've been mapping out the gravity of the moon like that since the 'mascons' were discovered in 1968.

In 2011/2012 NASA used a pair of satellites on a mission called GRAIL to accurately map out the variations in gravity across the lunar surface.

711352main_Zuber-3-pia16587-43_946-710.jpg

The big mass concentrations are located in the depressions like the one they highlighted on the topo map.

Last edited:
It's buried below a crater. Most plausible explanation is am asteroid or comet crashed into the moon that had a higher mass density than the rest of the moon. It's likely 40b tons of iron.
exactly my first thought. big hunk of iron just chilling there. corporations will be fighting over the right to mine it soon...

I believe the US government is incrementally releasing information so that the public will readily accept the fact there is thousands of alien life forms and some have made contact directly.

"There is no dark side in the moon, really. Matter of fact, it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun."

Gerry O'Driscoll

They are wondering why people are "cutting cords" by the millions. This why. The History Channel use to be about ................HISTORY.............
And it was one of my favorite channels. Now it is 100% pure garbage with half the program time taken up with advertising. Who wants to pay for that crap?

I remember enjoying Modern Marvels back in the day, or was that on the Sci-Fi Channel? That used to have good content too, now it is garbage. I'm pretty sure there was a recent study where if sports channels were available for streaming, cable and satellite TV would lose at least half of their subscribers.

I'm pretty sure there was a recent study where if sports channels were available for streaming, cable and satellite TV would lose at least half of their subscribers.
LOL you can already stream live sports. The only downside is that you still have to pay for a set of other channels (albeit much cheaper). YouTube TV (what I have), PSVue, Hulu, and sling are just a few of the options to stream live sports. I pay $50 for YouTube TV and it has all of the channels that I want (although it would be nice to have NHL Network, I can live without it) and the quality is as good or better than cable and satellite (I usually get 1080P content instead of 720P with cable).

Modern Marvels was the shit back in the day, now all they have is shit.

Listen to the orbiter module tapes and what they saw there. Hardly surprising that something is up there on the hollow moon.

Its an observatory built by aliens to study the humans on the earth petri dish.

I remember enjoying Modern Marvels back in the day, or was that on the Sci-Fi Channel? That used to have good content too, now it is garbage. I'm pretty sure there was a recent study where if sports channels were available for streaming, cable and satellite TV would lose at least half of their subscribers.

And "How It's Made" (I think that was the title...?), the show where they'd explain exactly how products were made from materials sourcing, to engineering, to manufacturing, to distribution. It sounds like it would be super boring from the description, but I remember it being super interesting and would watch it every time I caught it on.

In the UK, we at least still have "Yesterday" which has some great history documentaries intermixed with classic British Historical dramas and comedies. It's pretty much the best of what the History Channel used to be (the Impossible Engineering show treats the same topics as Modern Marvels). Not sure if you can get it in the States... https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/

Last edited:
Modern Marvels was the shit back in the day, now all they have is shit.

YES. One of my favorites. The History channel was a spin off of the Discovery channel. In the 90s you have killer shows like WINGS series. "Wings of the Luftwaffe" "Wings of the Red Star" "Wings over the Pacific" . Aviation history, my face was glued to the TV for that. I remember Wing of the Red Star was narrated by Sir Peter Ustinov. That made the show more kick ass! And then Sunday nights it was X-Files on Fox. :D

Last edited:
Back