CTV News: 'Mysterious' gravitational mass found buried on dark side of moon

And "How It's Made" (I think that was the title...?), the show where they'd explain exactly how products were made from materials sourcing, to engineering, to manufacturing, to distribution. It sounds like it would be super boring from the description, but I remember it being super interesting and would watch it every time I caught it on.

Oh man I used to record How It's Made and watch that right before bed. Something about the narrators monotone voice, and the repeating motion of whatever they were building... would have me half snoring before the episode was over. It is fascinating though, if you can survive watching it, that is....

Reactions: mikeo
like this
My last straw with History / Discovery .. whichever one it was, was when they aired a Mermaids documentary.

My last straw with History / Discovery .. whichever one it was, was when they aired a Mermaids documentary.
Those were fake, "what ifs". Kind of silly but the death of these shows was reality TV. "Joh and Kate Plus Eight" did more harm than those pretend documentaries.

I hate to be that guy, but with my bullshit degree in aero and astro, I feel I need to make this comment. There is no dark side of the moon. There is a far side of the moon we never see because the moon is tidally locked with earth. But the other side we don't see does in fact get light from the sun.

But ..... when I can see the moon, the back side is dark, and when the back side is lit, I can't see the front side, and if I can't see it, it isn't there right?

I despise most of the TV car shows. They are the bane of most real car guys. I have a friend that was a champion drag racer in his day; before the days you had to have big sponsors to go racing. He know a lot of the big names in the aftermarket car industry. He was invited to one of those big auctions and they had some of those "TV cars" to be auctioned off. I forgot what TV show he said but it was gas monkey or counting cars, one of those.
He said he looked at the cars close and they were absolutely junk. Made to look good on the outside, but junk otherwise.

Shoot, some movie cars arn't even drive-able.

exactly my first thought. big hunk of iron just chilling there. corporations will be fighting over the right to mine it soon...

I'd be willing to take bets on exploitation of the moon having a more pronounced effect on the Earth than Global Warming, and sooner.

OK, we swap mineral mass for waste mass. If some corp wants to pull off minerals, they have to replace it with waste to keep the mass of the Moon on an even keel so we don't fuck up the earth while were saving it.

Shoot, some movie cars arn't even drive-able.

Here is a good example why the "quick rebuild" shows do nothing but harm the car enthusiast scene.
If you don't know who this character is; this is Tony Defeo. If you are a car guy that name should sound familiar.
He is a MoPar (Dodge Chrysler Plymouth) expert and has written for a lot of car mags and publications over the years.
What is funny here is the guy trying to sell the cobbled together junk car is up against a legendary MoPar guy and Tony
exposes him as a crook, but still does not treat him with disrespect.

I believe the US government is incrementally releasing information so that the public will readily accept the fact there is thousands of alien life forms and some have made contact directly.

Obviously. I am in the same boat,and agree. JC said that he was going to tend to another flock,when he left. "How can I explain to you Heavenly things when you can't understand the earthly" Clearly we are not alone. This is just another tiny step in that direction,imho.

Back