ctrl_z in MS Office 2016

colore

Limp Gawd
hello!

how can I assign the ctrl_z to undo stuff in MS Office 2016?

I cant BELIEVE they removed the most important keyboard shortcut!

thanks!

I never said there is no UNDO
I said that there is no UNDO with CTRL+Z!!!!
can't you read people?

I never said there is no UNDO
I said that there is no UNDO with CTRL+Z!!!!
can't you read people?

I read just fine. I typed and then hit crtl+z. And it undid what I did.

Are you pressing crtl+z correctly?

for me it doesn't work
and yes I press ctrl+z correctly (it works in notepad)
why it doesn't work in my brand new 2016 MS Office installation? what can be wrong?

Ctrl + Z is undo in Microsoft Office 2016. Do you have some kind of special F key or function lock on on your keyboard that modified the Ctrl key? I would bet $38 that Ctrl + Z undoes your last action.

how can I troubleshoot that? how can I check that ctrl_z is actually binded in my MS office?

Do other hotkeys work?
eg, ctrl+c and ctrl+v for copy and paste.

Or is it only ctrl+z that's broke?

OK I did a bit of Googling for you, apparently you aren't alone. This may have something to do with language settings.

"At last after a lot of searching on the Internet I found the solution:

You must select English as the default keyboard language (control panel -> regional settings -> keyboard).
If you select a non-English language as the default keyboard language and open Microsoft Word a lot of shortcuts will change to IBM Common User Access mode (e.g. Ctrl+C will change to Ctrl+Ins and Ctrl+V will change to Shift+Ins)

Note that if you set English as the default keyboard language everything will still work even while you're switching your keyboard language to type non-English text.

Note: For Windows 10 the above option is found under Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region -> Change input methods (under Language) -> Advanced Settings (on the left) -> Override for default input method.
"
SOURCE: Shortcut keys don't work in MS-Word on Win8

Back