CT8G4DFD8213.C16FAD1 vs CT8G4DFD8213.C16FAR1

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone what the difference in the last letter for these 8 GB DDR-2133 crucial parts stands for? AIDA/CPU-Z show the exact same values for every parameter. I'm asking since my 5820k/GB UD3P build needed 1.35 v + some memory controller voltage increase to boot and work correctly at the specified frequency i.e. 2133 CL15 with 4 x 8 GB of this RAM? May be the one with the different part # is causing an issue (they all work now but will not OC at all).

It seems that those numbers after the "." are the batch numbers of the actual memory, therefore they might use different chips.

Another note: note sure why someone decided it's a good idea to have DIMM locks on only one side? It is now possible for memory to be improperly seated even with the locked end in place as the other end can be off the dimm slot entirely for the last few contact points.

Another note: note sure why someone decided it's a good idea to have DIMM locks on only one side? It is now possible for memory to be improperly seated even with the locked end in place as the other end can be off the dimm slot entirely for the last few contact points.
The same was possible before with the locks on both sides. They work perfectly fine if you use them right. You insert the end without the latch first then rotating it down into place then latching the other side.

I remember ASUS came up with them a few years ago and made them popular on a few of their high end boards. The reason for them was due to the increasingly packed motherboards. On the super high end for 3 GPU setups it was necessary to use the highest PCIe slot as a 16x to fit 3 cards double spaced. This encroached too close to one side of the DIMM locks making it difficult to change RAM sticks without removing the topmost GPU.

Back