CS Source keeps freezing.

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone else having this problem recently?

Everything has been working great for months, now all of a sudden when I'm playing CSS sometimes the game will just freeze (maintains video but it stuck on the last image i saw), the computer will not reboot, the current sound it was playing will just keep looping. I have to hard boot it to regain control of the system. Will not respond to alt+tab, F10, Ctrl/alt/del or anything.

Dunno if this is related but every time it has happened Itunes was running in the background.

Make sure your computer is not overheating. Does it happen on certain servers?

I know that when it overheats the screen goes black, loses signal, then ATI's GPU recover kicks in and it comes back, or I have to hard boot it, but at least the screen goes black.

I'm pretty sure this is something else.

No problems here except adding servers to the favorites list doesnt save them.

X1900 XT / Pentium D 840 / 2g of ddr2 667 - all stock.

I've got a dual core processor, and this happens to me sometimes (it goes away with some updates, but then comes back). Try setting your processor affinity to use just one core. This works for me, and countless others at the Steam forums.

actually I was trying to play episode one last night and had that very problem, P4 3.2, ATI AIW x800xt x-fi sound. I'm not sure it's an overheating problem as it can happen rather quickly or let me play for a good 15-20 min. I dropped all the video and sound setting down with no improvement.

MrGuvernment said:
No problems here except adding servers to the favorites list doesnt save them.

X1900 XT / Pentium D 840 / 2g of ddr2 667 - all stock.

Goto ... Favorites --> Filters --> Secured Servers (check) ---> Restart CS:S and walla.. Favorites are working again :)

Isaacav2 said:
Goto ... Favorites --> Filters --> Secured Servers (check) ---> Restart CS:S and walla.. Favorites are working again :)

sweet, will try it out!

randy5554 said:
I've got a dual core processor, and this happens to me sometimes (it goes away with some updates, but then comes back). Try setting your processor affinity to use just one core. This works for me, and countless others at the Steam forums.

Well, here's the thing, the game has been running without problems for 4-5 months (same map / server).

I was having same problem described by original poster, my northbridge was overheating.

Does the same for me when I over overclock my 6800Ultra... something is overheating.

Back