CS:S scores...

zazzn

Limp Gawd
I'm having some major FPS issues with my box... It should have more then enough horsepower to play CS:C at 1280x1024.... However, may times i'm down to 40-30 even 17 FPS (miltila) with all settings on 4xffsa and 8xthe other one.

Anyways, system is a 7800GT oc 430/1.05, A64 3500 vinece, an8-e, 2 GIG of DDR 400, FSB 258 MHZ core 2.58 MHZ... what the hell is going on?

HELP!!

happens to me as well. i range between 130 and 40 FPS, and to crown it all valve now broke my fav's list.

my frame rates are perfectly fine even in militia in 1600x1200 max AA&AF lowest ive seen is 45FPS

Since the update on Dec 26 my FPS is locked at 60???!!! No, lagg and it always stays at 60, never below 50. My rig:
Athlon 64 3500 venice
2gb ddr400 Corsair Dual Channel XMS
x800xl
Audigy 2zs
I think your problem might be with Valve's update, I would try contacting them.

Just turn of HighDef lighting, I did that and my frame rates are fine.

Playing on a 6800GT at 1280x1024 2xAA/8xAF everything on max except for lighting, it plays flawlessly except in the one level where lights are flashing radicly then it goes into the lower 40's, besides then its 50+.

logan1 said:
... and to crown it all valve now broke my fav's list.

No shit this happened to me as well.... and there is no history ever either.

air2k6 said:
Since the update on Dec 26 my FPS is locked at 60???!!! No, lagg and it always stays at 60, never below 50. My rig:
Athlon 64 3500 venice
2gb ddr400 Corsair Dual Channel XMS
x800xl
Audigy 2zs
I think your problem might be with Valve's update, I would try contacting them.

Make sure vsync is off! :p

Visit Steampowered .com and you will find many people with your type of a setup that are having problems.

Steam is pretty messed up, but I deal with it. The game runs great when I can actually get it up with the rig in my sig.

I was wondering what was going on. I've had netgraph up the past few weeks to minitor my latency and noticed a huge dip in performance the last few days. I thought maybe something in my system went fubar. The server list is broken as well. I can't keep favorites anymore and sometimes it the severs don't come up at all.

peacetilence said:
I was wondering what was going on. I've had netgraph up the past few weeks to minitor my latency and noticed a huge dip in performance the last few days. I thought maybe something in my system went fubar. The server list is broken as well. I can't keep favorites anymore and sometimes it the severs don't come up at all.

**sigh** souce...

Favorites are broken. Nothing you can do about that. Server list, you have to wait untill all the servers are done being pinged, then hit quick refresh to bring down pings.

Yeah, I can't believe that I'd taking this crap from Valve. Too bad CS:S can't be on the COD2 engine, or FEARS.

hopefully they'll release another "patch" soon and get people back up to "the norm" in performance .. I lost my favs too in main menu , but they are still there if you right click on steam app in systray and look under servers... a minor nuance to have to close out the game to join another server in my favorites tho.

:rolleyes:

this last update would be my first bonified issue with steam since I started using it with my ati coupon

:)

[F]old long and prosper

Back