Cs:S Problem.............

logan1

Gawd
Ok so I play Cs:S everyday, and today out of the blue the game goes crazy on me. I tried 4 different servers all with the same result.

Problems:

(1) The game suddenly throws the gun out of my hand (not a weapon restriction or anything on that nature).

(2) The game randomly switched the weapon I am using (like if I have an M4 suddenly it switches to the flash bang from my inventory).

(3) I lose control of the mouse or it freezes for a few seconds (I can still move but only in the direction the mouse froze in).

any ideas as to what the problem my be? :mad:

Your keys might have been re-binded by a knobhead admin. Check your key settings in options.

someone using a trojan on ur system and via realtime screen captures are slowly torturing you, but i would think more of the first response like ur keys being rebinded, hmm def wierd, other than possible trojan, no idea sorry, maybe some bug.

What were you doing when you dropped the gun and such? In the middle of combat?

Try going into your C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User_Name\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg, and move the files in the folder to your desktop. Start CS:S, go to console and type 'revert all'. This will take your settings back to default. Join a server and see if the problem is still there. If it has stopped, tweak your key binds to your personal settings and see if that fixed it.

What mouse are you using?

dotK said:
What were you doing when you dropped the gun and such? In the middle of combat?

ITs random and happens all the time.

Mr. Miyagi said:
Try going into your C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\User_Name\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg, and move the files in the folder to your desktop. Start CS:S, go to console and type 'revert all'. This will take your settings back to default. Join a server and see if the problem is still there. If it has stopped, tweak your key binds to your personal settings and see if that fixed it.

What mouse are you using?

nope that did not help.

my mouse is a MX510

so just completly randomly? sometimes 5 secs into start and other right in the middle of combat?

hmmm... its gotta be triggerd by something, but thats the oddist reaction iv ever seen. it does sound to me like a jackass admin installed some assiholic plug in.

a thought has occured... both problems are mouse related, just try a differant mouse.

Have you tried another mouse to see if it's a tracking problem? As wizard said, does this happen only in CS:S?

MrWizard6600 said:
so just completly randomly? sometimes 5 secs into start and other right in the middle of combat?

hmmm... its gotta be triggerd by something, but thats the oddist reaction iv ever seen. it does sound to me like a jackass admin installed some assiholic plug in.

a thought has occured... both problems are mouse related, just try a differant mouse.

yup it completely randon and happens many times during a single round.

well i dont have another mouse on hand, but i'll try to get one and check it out.

Back