CS:S, 6800, ~50" HDTV ---> now problems with crt, lcd

CSx-2011

[H]ard|Gawd
Ran source on a samsung projection HDTV (looks great at 1280x768) using a vga cable

now when use this computer and a CRT or LCD, I get a refresh rate error. I installed windows and steam fresh on my d drive... same problem...

It was working until up to the widescreen... still works when we hook it up to the hdtv. tried setting back to 640x480, etc while on hdtv... nothing...

any help would be great.

were you changing the resolution while still connected to hdtv. before connecting to pc?

also you probably could just run dual cables. a vga and dvi. and then you wont have to worry about it. then you can run them in all sorts of difference conglomerations.

It works on the lcd. wont work on the crt.

it doesnt work with a dvi adaptor when using the crt.

lots of vid cards dont transition well from dig/analog.

do you have a 2nd crt, that could show if its just bad luck with the 1 combination.

have you tried using the same refresh rate for both? refresh rates can mess up swaps.

i run lots of combinations of
i run a dvi 17" vga 15" plus an vga projector @ hdtv res.

so i know a little about this type of thing

well i had a problem like this, i have an aiw 9800pro and used it for my tv for editing projects. then i connected the card back to a crt and had that problem. look under device manager and i saw that the computer still thought i was using my hdtv and so i uninstalled that and it then correctly detected the crt.

CSx-2011 said:
now it works.... wierd two days and wham.

There was actually a bug that wouldn't let you use other refresh rates, and you had to set it in the registry, they fixed it in an update.

didnt see the checkbox for the monitor drivers, SP2 only lists PnP and Default unless you uncheck the box.

Back