cageymaru

Fully [H]
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) has been transformed into a free-to-play title. Customers who already purchased the game will have "Prime Status" and gamers new to the series can purchase Prime Status for $14.99. An up to 18 player Battle Royale mode called "Danger Zone" has been added to the game. Players can queue as solo or as a 2 or 3 player squad. The matches typically last 10 minutes. Danger Zone cases will unlock rare special skins.

To earn a Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats, you need to have Prime Status and earn 250 XP in Danger Zone. The souvenir is available for all players until 2019-01-09.

I might reload this just for a Battle Royale mode.

It took about a decade, but I'm finally tired of playing vanilla CS...even after getting distracted by Team Fortress 2 for several years. I have only played GO about 10 hours.

I put in hundreds of hours on CS 1.6 and Source.

Last edited:

2od0r3.jpg

ESL pro league CS from Odense Denmark this weekend, lets see if anyone can take Astralis on home turf this weekend.

11 hours to kickoff.

HAHA. hell yeah. Thanks for putting this on front page, would of never known. Going to install it, haven't played in years. Should be fun.

I've never tried CSGO. Is it worth it to even jump in this late in the game?

Overall I like this update. Even 10+ years into it, I'm still active. I have 16 hours played in the last two weeks. Getting a new battle royale mode is pretty cool, and I think this will expand the player base. I see far more upside than downside.

Plus, this now puts CSGO in line with Valve's other games like TF2 and DOTA, which have been F2P. I think it is a long overdue change.

Free to play + valves crappy anti cheat = hack fest

Serious players use either faceit or ESEA. I prefer faceit. Even before this update, hacking in regular matchmaking and casual games was a real problem. Prime doesn't help much.

Haven't touched in years.... I'll download it again I guess.

Wasn't CS:GO always F2P?

I might reload this just for a Battle Royale mode.

It took about a decade, but I'm finally tired of playing vanilla CS...even after getting distracted by Team Fortress 2 for several years. I have only played GO about 10 hours.
Same. I did enjoy CS:S, but GO... I don't know. Too many weird nerfs? Regardless, Battle Royale is hard to mess up. It just needs a good platform/engine.

18 players sounds really low, otherwise id try it
I haven't tried it yet, but it's likely justified via smaller maps. The usual BR formula limits simultaneous engagements anyway.

I've never tried CSGO. Is it worth it to even jump in this late in the game?

Absolutely. Especially if you have FPS experience, CSGO is not that difficult to pick up. Movement is a little different and very important to game play, but you can jump right in and start having some fun. Arms Race and Demolition are good modes to get your feet wet.

Haven't touched in years.... I'll download it again I guess.

Wasn't CS:GO always F2P?

No, CSGO was $15.

I picked up it during steam sales for maybe $7'ish but yea $15 have been the normal price. Don't intend to play it but I'm a huge CSGO spectator fan so might as well check out new updates quickly that gets added into pro gaming scene with a bit lag. :p

ESL pro league CS from Odense Denmark this weekend, lets see if anyone can take Astralis on home turf this weekend.

11 hours to kickoff.

I'd reaaaaally welcome anyone to beat Astralis at this point, doesn't matter who, I typically cheer for just about any team when up against Astralis lol. Even teams I disliked in the past I happily cheer for! Liquid, MIBR and Mousesports looks like currently only teams which if they have a bit good day and Astralis a bit bad day they might be able to beat them. Judging from current shape of NaVi in ongoing tournament they seem slightly lackluster atm. Then we have NiP which has beat them on some maps in recent tournaments quite convincingly but then they make stupid picks like playing Inferno even if they could have went Overpass.... It's almost impossible to beat Astralis on Inferno atm.

Last edited:
Huh. I had it for some reason, don't remember paying for it. Maybe it was from the Orange Box / HL2 thing I redeemed from 20 yrs ago

Do you own Valve complete, maybe? The original Counter Strike aka CS 1.6 is the one included in Orange Box.

Playing it now. It encourages conservative, stealthy play. It's pretty neat.

F2P... meh. It'll make more people try it but I think the type of FPS will deter quite a bit if they are anything like the few people I tried to get to play (Used to slower style play like Battlefield). The die-hards already own the game (15$ at launch was peanuts compared to others in the genre). Just played a few matches of battle royale, it will take a little getting used to. It's the same CSGO graphics you're used to with the gameplay of PUBG / FN.

Few bullets-
-Pick a drop point, (you get to see others drop point). You do rappel down with minimal control over where you land.
-Start out with your dukes up. You have to scavenge for weapons/accessories or buy them when you collect enough money. When bought, they are delivered by quad-copter (use with caution.. they are noisy).
-The map slowly closes in until you're the last one left.
-Weapon purchases/pickup come with minimum ammo, you must locate more by scavenging the dead or finding crates. You can swap weapons to collect ammo.
-When you kill someone, you don't have to open any crates. You do what you're used to with CS. Run it over to auto-pickup if you don't already have it or swap it out.
-Sound is huge (i normally don't use it unless comp).
-Using your tablet is almost a must as it shows everyone's general location
upload_2018-12-6_20-11-3.png

18 players sounds really low, otherwise id try it

It keeps with the CS style of fast matches. I'm only meh but was able to play 3 rounds within 20-30min. Easy to get a few games in on short times where comp may not allow.

Last edited:
Getting tired of PUBG's 1st person mode as it feels too muddy.
Gonna reinstall CSGO and take it for a spin!

Just a word of caution, there are some pretty major issues with this update for AMD and Intel video users.

My primary gaming rig, with the RX 580, crashes out constantly. It happens in all game modes. I managed to get one BR match in without a crash. Then an hour spent where the game crashed every minute or three. I've since given up.

On Intel integrated GPUs, the game crashes before it even opens. I have a personal laptop with an i7-3820QM and HD 4000 graphics that I use to play when I'm away from home or hiding from the kids.

Both of these issues are widespread based on reddit comments. I guess it is back to CS Source for tonight.

Just a word of caution, there are some pretty major issues with this update for AMD and Intel video users.

My primary gaming rig, with the RX 580, crashes out constantly. It happens in all game modes. I managed to get one BR match in without a crash. Then an hour spent where the game crashed every minute or three. I've since given up.

On Intel integrated GPUs, the game crashes before it even opens. I have a personal laptop with an i7-3820QM and HD 4000 graphics that I use to play when I'm away from home or hiding from the kids.

Both of these issues are widespread based on reddit comments. I guess it is back to CS Source for tonight.
Could that just be another bug with the overlay?

I'm a long time player of CS. Was worried about this happening, but after playing it lastnight it was actually not bad. 64 tick king of the hill with CSGO mechanics it not too shabby. I've never liked king of the hill, but this implementation is not bad.

I'll have to give this a shot. I haven't played in years. The hacking was what made me quit.

Huh. I had it for some reason, don't remember paying for it. Maybe it was from the Orange Box / HL2 thing I redeemed from 20 yrs ago
GO (2012) came out years after The Orange Box (2007) did.
Do you own Valve complete, maybe? The original Counter Strike aka CS 1.6 is the one included in Orange Box.
GO isn't included in the Valve Complete pack. The original Counter-Strike including 1.6 was free for a long time, but you can no longer get the original without buying one of the retail versions on Steam as far as I know. I don't know when that change happened, but it certainly wasn't when The Orange Box was released. I remember first getting Steam specifically to play CS 1.6 when it first came out in 2003.

I have CSGO as well, and I zero memory of ever paying for it. Maybe I did and just forgot. Who knows.

I typically cheer for just about any team when up against Astralis
I tend to cheer for the underdogs too.
I just heard on the TV ( mousesports Vs Renegades ) that Astralis never won a tournament on Danish soil.

Dunno if its true, CS are my favorite hate game and i never played it more than a few weeks.

I am immensely disappointed that FPS games don't have random maps generated, playing the same maps over and over kill any game for me in no time.

GO (2012) came out years after The Orange Box (2007) did.

GO isn't included in the Valve Complete pack. The original Counter-Strike including 1.6 was free for a long time, but you can no longer get the original without buying one of the retail versions on Steam as far as I know. I don't know when that change happened, but it certainly wasn't when The Orange Box was released. I remember first getting Steam specifically to play CS 1.6 when it first came out in 2003.

My Orange Box came with CS:S. I remember because when I installed it, Steam alerted me that I already owned CS:S since I got it free with HL2, and they allowed me to gift it to a friend. I only bought it for HL2:Ep.2 since I already had most of the other games it offered except for Portal and Brink.

We need a zombie mode and I'll return.
I thought there was? Perhaps it was a different game. I recall a map like it was last man standing. Last person that never got infected won. I recall shooting a sofa to this shipping container, climbing up, then shooting the sofa away making it impossible to climb the shipping container. People would keep shooting the sofa over, but I'd fire it away and people would get bullshit at me. XD

I thought there was? Perhaps it was a different game. I recall a map like it was last man standing. Last person that never got infected won. I recall shooting a sofa to this shipping container, climbing up, then shooting the sofa away making it impossible to climb the shipping container. People would keep shooting the sofa over, but I'd fire it away and people would get bullshit at me. XD

Killing Floor?

I might HAVE to give this a try.... you cant beat FREE........

Back