Crytek Gives Us Quote of the Day

For something that was the game to get because of its amazing engine, or so everyone said, they've just gone the mediocre. Yep, just another console fag of a company churning out while riding on its reputation. Hope they made heaps on this game, because that's all they'll earn ever again.

Me, I bought crysis wars on steam a while ago, was totally unimpressed, it's now in my pile of CBF'd playing ever again. I only got 33mins play time on it too. Hated it, so yea, I'm not bothering with this company ever again, even on steam sales they can get lost. Same as bioshock. Bought it for $5, wish I had my $5 back, bioshock 2+3 can stay on the consoles as far as I care.

I don't know about you guys, but after being burnt so much, I never buy new releases anymore, and I even hum and har about them when they do reach $5-10 on steam, I still usually don't buy the "big hyped" games even then.

Well, now I'm certain why Ubisoft fired his ass for FarCry 2.

You mean ubisoft purchased the rights to farcry, a game crytek had no intention on making a sequel for anyway. Then they made a game that wasnt actually a sequel anyway....

Whats with all the hate, maybe I'm going soft in my old age but it seems like most of the recent shooters have been hated on.. I haven't played a single player campaign since HL2 but I'm enjoying Crysis2 as well as Duke :p I'm going to accept this "gift" with open arms.

Buncha haters. :p

[T5K]thrasher;1037430877 said:
Whats with all the hate, maybe I'm going soft in my old age but it seems like most of the recent shooters have been hated on.. I haven't played a single player campaign since HL2 but I'm enjoying Crysis2 as well as Duke :p I'm going to accept this "gift" with open arms.

Games a steaming pile of crap.

Dx11 was supposed to be set up with release...

then they have the audacity to make apublic statement releasing the patch a long time later and saying its a gift...

essentially they are shitting on their customers saying.. yeah we take your money, dont deliver what we say we will... then slap you in the face.

Awesome!

I have a Gift then for them. I will be saving them money! How you ask? Simple, I won't be purchasing the game and that will save them the cost of manufacturing a cd and all retail box materials.

I am so awesome at gifting.

I've lost all respect for that moron and his company. Comments like that will drive people away, not make them suck up to you. What a douche!

Well Yerli is doing a great job alienating the crowd that gave Crytek its beginnings.

You mean ubisoft purchased the rights to farcry, a game crytek had no intention on making a sequel for anyway. Then they made a game that wasnt actually a sequel anyway....

No, ubisoft ALWAYS OWNED the rights to farcry. When Crytek and Ubisoft couldn't agree on how to proceed with Far Cry 2, Ubisoft went with another developer and completely changed the game around. Crytek stuck closer to the original Far Cry style and created all new characters for Crysis.

How about throwing the entire Crysis series in the trash along with the abortion that was Far Cry 2 and give us a proper successor to Far Cry.

I had pre-ordered the original Crysis 2 release then cancelled it when I found out that the game had been console gimped. I then just pirated it! Only playing about half way through still to find that the lack of fulling my expectations of the first Crysis in graphics prowess had me uninstall it. Now months later Crytek has earned my money with making the game as it should have been on release. My paid copy (and massively discounted) arrives Wednesday :)

These guy at Crysis must plan on going out of busines. I have not bought Crysis 2 yet, and may never unless I can pick it up for 19.99. I wanted to buy it, and Crysis One i still play. I even play Farcry yet. But the cop out that is the console game Crysis 2 is something I'll wait for, get on a resale and keep the "gift" for later. After Crysis and Duke Nukem, a success for Deus X is sorely needed and will be oh so sweet should it materalize.

No, ubisoft ALWAYS OWNED the rights to farcry. When Crytek and Ubisoft couldn't agree on how to proceed with Far Cry 2, Ubisoft went with another developer and completely changed the game around. Crytek stuck closer to the original Far Cry style and created all new characters for Crysis.

Sorry, that's not correct. Not that itll change your mind. Crytek signed a deal with ea, ubisoft then purchased the ip for farcry including rights to ce1.

Since Crytek is in bed with the consoles and has incurred the wrath of us PC gamers all over, he'd better hope the console gamers will suck up and buy anything they produce now.

I wonder what things would have been like if Crysis 2 were a PC exclusive, like actually following the cliffhanger ending of Crysis 1. They promised they'd make a comic detailing the story between 1 and 2. I know 1 didn't have the best story ever but still disappointing for them to pretty much canned it so the consolers can understand the story and whats going on.

Reading the responses to that article just show you how stupid the market really is...

[T5K]thrasher;1037430877 said:
Whats with all the hate, maybe I'm going soft in my old age but it seems like most of the recent shooters have been hated on.. I'm enjoying Crysis2 as well as Duke :p I'm going to accept this "gift" with open arms.

I agree.

I greatly enjoyed the Crysis 2 demo and now it should even be better with DirectX 11.

I might even buy Crysis 2 now. Just waiting for a good deal.

You people make it sound like Crytek raped your family and killed your dog. Jesus.

I was very disappointed in Crysis 2's multiplayer because they got rid of the unique and fun power struggle mode on massive maps with tons of vehicles in favor of a CoD clone. I was also disappointed that so much of its development was focused on consoles, that the story got screwed up, and plenty of other things. That doesn't change the fact that the graphics are still superb, the engine runs incredibly smooth, and the gunplay is amazing.

Crysis 2 is one of the better single-player first person shooters I've ever played. I'd like to know what single player FPS games you guys are playing that shit all over this one.

Well, to be fair...these are the fucktards that gave an interview 6 months ago (I linked it) saying CONSOLES ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY.

Then you have to remember the 1,000 stories we posted about them promising DX11 in Crysis 2.

If I pre-ordered the PC version (based on company promises), I'd be pissed too. ;)

That's the thing, if Cevat had been honest about it people probably wouldn't have cared so much, but he and others at Crytek flat out lied about Crysis 2:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037427738&postcount=38

If you tell fibs like this in any other industry you get your ass screwed to the wall either by the industry regulator for unprofessional conduct or by customers via lawsuits for misleading/deceptive behavior. For some reason games are given a pass because they are still widely perceived as a childish pursuit.

The damage is done, but the least they could do right now is be humble about it. If Crytek admitted to or even apologizing for the long delay, I'm sure many fans wouldn't be any more harder on them than we already did.

But putting on such a snobbish attitude is a surefire way to further piss off everyone. Dumb comment.

FUCK YOU Yerli! If I ever get a chance to spit in your face I am damn well taking it.

I don't know which is worse,Yerli's stupidly arrogant comment,or the people who still stubbornly defend this game. It fails so miserably in so many ways no patch can stop the bleeding. Except for the nanosuit,it bears no resemblance to the original. Just another consolized shooter that straightjackets the player with boring,unimaginative linear gameplay. STALKER makes it look like something slapped together by rank amateurs.

They are handling everything surrounding Crysis 2 very very poorly.

I downloaded the high res texture pack plus the DX11 patch. But I realized that I can´t be bothered to install it or play it again.

Except for the nanosuit,it bears no resemblance to the original.

Well I'm not sure if that is a bad thing. Personally I really didn't like Crysis, or Far Cry, as games very much. They were cool because of their graphics, not because they were good games to play. I never finished either one. So that Crysis 2 is different might be a positive in my book, maybe it is a better shootie.

However I will say that yes, they deserve to take it on the chin for making shit up. I would have no problem with the position of:

"We've had trouble with our games in the past because they pushed things beyond the limits. They needed hardware better than what was on the market to max out. That is cool, but limited our appeal. This time around we are focusing on solid gameplay, and something that runs and looks good on midrange systems. It won't be the graphical extravaganza of our past games, but should be more fun for gamers."

I could totally support that. While I love high end graphics, I'm completely ok with games that don't go that route. What pisses me, and others, off is the:

"OMG our game will be the most awesomeistist thing you've EVAR seen! You think our past stuff was cool? You ain't seen nothing yet!"

And then when it gets launched it is just a regular, console looking, shooter.

For me, I'm giving it a miss until maybe it is in the bargain bin (that's what I did with Crysis) because I've not enjoyed the past Crytek games.

You know what, they are just never going to reach the level of awesomeness that was the original Crysis. From there, it went down hill. Crysis Warhead had reduced graphics, and now Crysis 2 had even more reduced graphics. One hit wonder springs to mind.

You know what, they are just never going to reach the level of awesomeness that was the original Crysis. From there, it went down hill. Crysis Warhead had reduced graphics, and now Crysis 2 had even more reduced graphics. One hit wonder springs to mind.

So many people shit on the original Crysis for being a terrible game. Crytek was doomed from Day One with Crysis and Crysis 2. There was simply no winning and no one mans solution would of worked. What made one person happy, pissed of 6 others. etc.

I believe this to have been a deliberate ploy to attempt to cut down on second hand sales......many enthusiasts will have bought he game on release day and sold it a few days later when completed......but this way I bet many have held onto their copy to replay it with the DX11 patch.

How about throwing the entire Crysis series in the trash along with the abortion that was Far Cry 2 and give us a proper successor to Far Cry.

Both Crysis and Farcry semi-sucked, they released cool demo's with wide open spaces, then when you bought the games half of it was some linear crap with Aliens, Mutants and imaginary/unreal weapons.

FarCry 2 on the other hand was nothing but wide open spaces, cool AI, sure it had repetive missions but they could be played just as you liked, rambo style, or covert if you so choosed, I had great fun sneaking around in the grass for hours, ONLY going for the target, not shooting any other, a game where you could make the rules yourself.

I loved FarCry 2 :)

Well, this is going to be the norm moving forward - Games developed for 2005 consoles, hastily ported to the PC.. Then, if we're really nice, we might get a "gift" that allows us to take advantage of the new technology that has come out in the 6 years since current-gen consoles launched.

You would think after this insult, they would release the DAMN CHEAT CODES SO I CAN HAVE MY WET DREAM! :D

Both Crysis and Farcry semi-sucked, they released cool demo's with wide open spaces, then when you bought the games half of it was some linear crap with Aliens, Mutants and imaginary/unreal weapons.

FarCry 2 on the other hand was nothing but wide open spaces, cool AI, sure it had repetive missions but they could be played just as you liked, rambo style, or covert if you so choosed, I had great fun sneaking around in the grass for hours, ONLY going for the target, not shooting any other, a game where you could make the rules yourself.

You're VERY much in the minority with those likes/dislikes. but that's what makes the world go round...different strokes for different folks.

i played this game for about an hour or two and said wtf is this shit....then stopped. i dont think i'll play it again.

best game i have played in a long, long time. found the pacing to be exceptional (and the environments truly great). also found the story to not be too weird, but overall, the pacing. i thought it was perfect.

I wish they just created a new story. The first one had a great one, but whenever you bring aliens into the city shit always seems to hit the fan.

Yeah cause the aliens in the jungle were so much better in the first game:rolleyes:

Yeah cause the aliens in the jungle were so much better in the first game:rolleyes:

when i first heard about the story- aliens in new york, I immediately guessed that Yerli wrote the story.

when i finally played it, i thought damn, for sure Yerli wrote it. it was that shitty.

Wow, a game that has imaginary weapons. Who would have thought.
And you actually liked Far Cry 2? The worst fucking "sequel" of all time...

Back