Crytek Gives Us Quote of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know that DX11 patch for Crysis 2 that is coming out on Monday? Crytek's head honcho says "it's a gift." Did he just say "a gift?" I'm not sure people that pre-ordered the PC version expecting the promised DX11 support would consider waiting all this time a gift.

Yerli admitted that there was no profit to be made from the time and money put into the patch, as the game is unlikely to sell many more units based on the free upgrade. "This is much more like a gift to the high-end community."

Game still sucks even with the patch. Hated the story and pacing of the game with every fiber of my being.

I was specifically waiting for this patch before I was going to consider buying. After that comment, I will probably wait for the game with any add-on content to be sold as a bundle for $10 or less. So annoyed by these companies taking gamers for granted.

So by acknowledging they've already pissed off gamers and won't make any money by doing this it...pisses off more gamers? Interesting...

I wish they just created a new story. The first one had a great one, but whenever you bring aliens into the city shit always seems to hit the fan.

I have a better idea, disavow this abortion of a game and give us the originally planned sequel. You know, the one where we were going to play as Prophet when he returned to the island. Match this with great physics, proper PC controls for the suit, great AI, and graphics that are at least on par with the first game and I guarantee they'll sell more than the first game did.

Well, take your free "gift" and go stick it back up your ass where it came from. I hate elitism snobby ass devolpers.

He had absolutely nothing to gain by mentioning there was no profit .. blah blah blah.

When I fix someones computer for free, I never turn around and say, oh, yeah, by the way, there was no profit and it's a gift, anyone else would have charged you $80 - $120 dollars. If it's free, it needs to be mentally harassment free as well.

Both Crytek and CD Projekt suck.

Cliffs: /sarcasm related to post release, er, releases

Yerli just made himself look like he's 5 cans short of a six pack. Unbelievably ignorant comment.

This crap would not have happened if they'd released DX11 support with Crysis 2 as advertised.

I was thinking about picking this up with the new patch. But now they can kiss my ass. When it's on steam sale for 10 bucks I might pick it up.

So much hate. At least, I'm hoping that Crytek learns that it's better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa.

Also, If you are going to change the game play so much, change the name so you don't create false expectations! Even if the game had been called Cry Baby, they probably would have gotten less flak.

Both Crytek and CD Projekt suck.

Cliffs: /sarcasm related to post release, er, releases

At least CD Projekt had enough tact not to call support a gift.

As far as Crytek goes... it's nobody's business but the Turks

I was going to pick it up after the patch release. Now I'm thinking about it after Yerli's comments.

Yep, Yerli's company is *never* going to profit from adding DX11 support to a game engine his company intends to sell to other developers to build games on. It's just "appreciation" of the high end gamers that moved him to do that. :rolleyes:

What an ass-hole. He should emigrate to the US and become a politician because he's got the effing spin down.

I've put my money where my mouth is and still have NOT PURCHASED Crysis 2.
Maybe I'll pick it up when it gets to $10 on Steam.

"And I think gamers will appreciate that. It lifts up Crysis 2 and gives a sneak peak of how PC gaming will evolve in the future, if you support a high-end preference."

So in the future all games will promise high end graphics only to not include them at release and then put them out a few months later.

one of the biggest disappointments of recent times.

couldn't get more generic than this piece of shit

I have a better idea, disavow this abortion of a game and give us the originally planned sequel. You know, the one where we were going to play as Prophet when he returned to the island. Match this with great physics, proper PC controls for the suit, great AI, and graphics that are at least on par with the first game and I guarantee they'll sell more than the first game did.

+1 let's forget about Crysis 2 and start over.

I would be happy to shove YOUR copy of Crysis2 up your ass......for free.:D

There is no profit in it, but it would be to my tremendous satisfaction.....priceless.

What an arrogant dick.:mad:

I would be happy to shove YOUR copy of Crysis2 up your ass......for free.:D

There is no profit in it, but it would be to my tremendous satisfaction.....priceless.

What an arrogant dick.:mad:

We need an edit.......oh yeah Mr. Crysis boy, I would have to use YOUR copy because I didn't buy one.;)

You know what I find absolutely ... just ... comical? That recent survey they released where it was found out that the average age of PC gamers is 37.

Well, question, why are they so sloppy with these console PC ports that when you install, load 'em up and play 'em, you just can't help feeling like you're playing a .. duh .. console port.

Which leads me to the next question / comment, what's wrong with a little goodwill .. TOWARD ... the PC community? This would have totally been an awesome thing, in my mind at least had they just came out and said, "hey, we wanted to do something for the PC community and this is what we are doing and we want to say thank you, to our fan's and customers .... and just .. STFU and been done with it. Everyone here would have thought that was cool and maybe would've taken a 2nd look / thought at picking this game up.

I can tell you what the problem is 1000%. Those guys pockets are so fat off console money, they've grown themselves a smug asshole elitist attitude and he represents this EXTREMELY well in his comment.

Yerli always had a massive ego, that isn't news. He did admit their development of console first backfired.

What a dick thing to say.

If he wanted to screw any PR perks for delivering on the promised patch, he just shit on that goal.

sorry, but why do people still buy their games? the gameplay sucks, it's just a tech demo

So by acknowledging they've already pissed off gamers and won't make any money by doing this it...pisses off more gamers? Interesting...

So much hate. At least, I'm hoping that Crytek learns that it's better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa.

Also, If you are going to change the game play so much, change the name so you don't create false expectations! Even if the game had been called Cry Baby, they probably would have gotten less flak.

Well, to be fair...these are the fucktards that gave an interview 6 months ago (I linked it) saying CONSOLES ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY.

Then you have to remember the 1,000 stories we posted about them promising DX11 in Crysis 2.

If I pre-ordered the PC version (based on company promises), I'd be pissed too. ;)

a gift? did they forget about the $60 gift ever person already gave them?

where do they come off saying a patch is a gift? a gift would be what valve did with tf2. that is a gift.

You know that DX11 patch for Crysis 2 that is coming out on Monday? Crytek's head honcho says "it's a gift." Did he just say "a gift?" I'm not sure people that pre-ordered the PC version expecting the promised DX11 support would consider waiting all this time a gift.

This is dumb, promising a feature, then not releasing it release day, THEN proclaiming it to be a "gift".

NO wonder Crytek is somewhere under a pile of elephant dung on the ladder of good gaming companies..

I was specifically waiting for this patch before I was going to consider buying. After that comment, I will probably wait for the game with any add-on content to be sold as a bundle for $10 or less. So annoyed by these companies taking gamers for granted.

Agreed. Game business models seem to be going the direction of using marketing, hype, and exclusive scare tactics; a-la pre-order content, to get players to buy games, often incomplete. The business model gets better now, where the game owners now have a game that is not the one they thought they were buying, the game developer will now finally deliver that content (that was expected previously at release), but label it as DLC, and either charge for it, or say that it is some "gift".

Do they think we are fucking morons? Or are they? Personally my wallet has tightened up significantly this past year.

sorry, but why do people still buy their games? the gameplay sucks, it's just a tech demo

People say the same about iD software. That opinion always seems to come around when a company is trying to push ahead with a new engine.

I knew it was going to be a mess from the rap covered mess of a trailer and I passed on it. This gift just makes me glad I was right.

He should stick to making console games from now on since its obvious he is all about making money now.

So glad I didn't buy this POS. Crysis was a great game, and IDK why they didn't carry on with the sequel that we were supposed to get.

Well, to be fair...these are the fucktards that gave an interview 6 months ago (I linked it) saying CONSOLES ARE RUINING THE INDUSTRY.

Then you have to remember the 1,000 stories we posted about them promising DX11 in Crysis 2.

If I pre-ordered the PC version (based on company promises), I'd be pissed too. ;)

I didn't see the consoles-are-ruining-the-industry article...if so that's pretty retarded and changes my opinion quite a bit. However I had also thought, perhaps again incorrectly, that DX11 was always going to be a patch, so while the delay sucks it isn't that far out of left field.

Back