Crytech USA Lays off staff (leadership quit)

People are pretty to quit once they stop getting paid on time. I've worked at a place where our checks were late by one day. Total meltdown by a lot of employees and management once that happens, it was worse than a partial company lay off.

The new Warface maps are pretty cool actually I like the Trailer Trash one complete with Monster truck spawn camping and dirt smog.

Wow.. Crytek is just scummy.

yes, yes they are.

im so glad to hear all this bad news about crytek.
no for this texas team that has lost their jobs but for the company, the German team, as a whole.

i cant wait until crytek is completely done.

crytek is one of the worst game developers imo.
and i loved the crysis series.

What makes Crytek such a bad game dev?

Only bad thing I've heard from them is this debacle.

Consolized sequels that had poor performance, which caused them to go bankrupt. Crysis 1 was their best selling title.

People are pretty to quit once they stop getting paid on time. I've worked at a place where our checks were late by one day. Total meltdown by a lot of employees and management once that happens, it was worse than a partial company lay off.

I'll admit at my company they were wanting relocate a lot people and a bunch just quit out of hand without really letting management respond.

In this case though the UK office hadn't been paid in 2 months.

Crysis 1 was definitely the highlight of their career. Well, I enjoyed Farcry 1 as well..

Yeesh.. hopefully the mess that Crytek is becoming won't affect Star Citizen.

abandoning their games and leaving them broken a few months after release.
^crysis 2 and 3

and becoming a f2p company with a pay 2 win mentality.

^crysis 2 and 3

and becoming a f2p company with a pay 2 win mentality.

Consolized sequels that had poor performance, which caused them to go bankrupt. Crysis 1 was their best selling title.

I see... So, doing what every other big company does... at least that's what it seems like to me.

^crysis 2 and 3

Crysis 2 and 3 were broken? News to me. I've played thru both a few times and haven't noticed anything broke.

I think this Crytek hate and venom is a little overblown.

Apparently it was enough hate to put them under... some strong venom imo.

Im not saying it's not there, just saying I think the reasons for it are overblown. "Crysis 2 was a console port. Crytek should die in a fire!" I just don't get it. CryEngine is maybe the best looking engine in PC games and the Crysis games were great at least I thought so. I'm just not seeing all these reasons why the company deserves people cheering that they're about to go out of business. This would be a pretty sizeable hole in PC gaming if they go tits up.

Im not saying it's not there, just saying I think the reasons for it are overblown. "Crysis 2 was a console port. Crytek should die in a fire!" I just don't get it. CryEngine is maybe the best looking engine in PC games and the Crysis games were great at least I thought so. I'm just not seeing all these reasons why the company deserves people cheering that they're about to go out of business. This would be a pretty sizeable hole in PC gaming if they go tits up.

The hate with Crysis 2 and the console port probably had a lot more to do with the fact that the consoles hobbled the game something fierce so #1 looked rather better than #2 did on the PC. It took Crytek quite a while to get the better textures + DX10 patch out.

The hate with Crysis 2 and the console port probably had a lot more to do with the fact that the consoles hobbled the game something fierce so #1 looked rather better than #2 did on the PC. It took Crytek quite a while to get the better textures + DX10 patch out.

That's true. I was pissed off at "press start to begin" on the beginning screen and DX9 too but still, the game was very good and that matters more or at least it should. I consider Crysis 3 to be the best looking game out to date and is also a great game so they made up for it in my book with room to spare. Crytek is also one of the only developers that cater more to us PC gamers. Yeah they tried to cash in on the console wave but they still recognize their PC gaming roots or at least they say they do and these days that's a lot more than other developers. I'm not saying they're perfect, no company is but they're far from evil and far from all the shit Ubisoft pulls with all the crap they make you go thru just to play one of their games. I'm not a Battlefield player so maybe they've changed but I had to create and account and then had to open a fucking web page everytime I wanted to start BF3. Let's not forget the dumpster fire that was Rage and Batman Arkham City's DX11 was borked and Arkham Origins had a couple game stopping bugs in it. Sometimes shit just happens and nobody needs to be drawn and quartered in the town square for it.

Back