Crystal Dynamics Is Teasing a New Legacy of Kain Game

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Over the last couple weeks, Crystal Dynamics has been tweeting content related to its action adventure series Legacy of Kain. While purely speculation at this point, these tweets hint that either a new entry is in the works or that a remaster is on the horizon. Though one tweet is related specifically to the #Inktober art challenge, the others heavily hint that Raziel will make his return in one form or another.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance is the latest game of the series, which released in 2003. A sixth game, Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophecy, was in development at Ritual Entertainment in 2004 but was later canceled. Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun, another attempt to continue the series, was planned for PlayStation 4 until it too was canceled in 2012. In an interview with Australian website Finder in 2015, lead designer at Crystal Dynamics Michael Brinker said that there was a "50/50 chance" that a new Legacy of Kain game would come to current generation consoles.

I love Legacy of Kain and soul reaver , Id love to see Legacy of Kain done again with new graphics sign me up

I wouldn't mind seeing Soul Reaver remastered with the missing content completed.
There were supposed to be a couple of further chapters beyond where the game ended.

The game was very good, I could use a bit more.

Would love to see a remake of Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. Have Lara Croft just passing through and helping out Dr. Jones in a late game mission.

I would play the hell out a remastered version.

Do not change anything, just improve the graphics.

One problem: The Eidos side of SE is super inconsistent and kind of crap sometimes. They ruined Hitman and Deus Ex MD with their stupid decisions. They also ruined Thief.

Still have this laying around and enjoyed it a lot too. Would be keen to see what Crystal Dynamics could come up over a decade later.
IMG_20171023_202416.jpg

Well since Visceral was shut down, and Amy Hennig's SW game was canceled, maybe she can come back to CD and continue work on her LoK series.

Wow....Crystal Dynamics is still in business? Cool.
You didn't play any of their last 5 Tomb Raider games?

Crystal Dynamics probably saved the Tomb Raider Franchise. While Core deserves recognition for defining Tomb Raider, each iteration they came up with was more of the same. TR had become rather bland by Angel of Darkness. I didn't see TR surviving with that same formula. It could have easily fallen into obscurity like many other past titles.

CD era of Tomb Raider is the best era.

Not sure if it's related, but the Steam page for Soul Reaver was updated with this message after being removed from sale:

Code:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/224920/Legacy_of_Kain_Soul_Reaver/

1684327700691.png

"Knights of the Old Republic 2" style update, maybe (adding in cut content, updating resolution options, etc.)? Maybe a remaster? If they at least bring it up to par with the Dreamcast release, I'd be happy. Crystal Dynamics has also been doing surveys related to the Legacy of Kain series over the past few months.

Unfortunately, the iconic Tony Jay (Elder God) and René Auberjonois (Janos Audron, better known as Odo from DS9) have both passed away.
Both also really good. I still sometimes listen to youtube videos of all the dialog of the LoK games while at work.

Both also really good. I still sometimes listen to youtube videos of all the dialog of the LoK games while at work.

Yeah, it was an artistic masterpiece. Certainly the best story ever told in any of the games I have played before or since.

Back